[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

It is incredible how this mod changes your playstyle. Looking forward to the update.

Had to post so that I could follow the progress easier. This is the one Mod that is preventing me from updating to .21. Yea it's that important.

It is incredible how this mod changes your playstyle.

I'm just messing around with .21 until this is updated, then I'll try upgrading my save and continuing. When I start up KSP first thing I do is check my schedule to see what I got coming up, and what else i should plan for. This is definitely what I'd list as an essential mod.

Please, please, PLEASE, pretty please upgrade this mod to 0.21 (its totally broken).

I can't life without it anymore.

So if you don't want to have my blood on your hands....

That seems a little hyperbolic :/ and it would be on your hands if you're killing yourself.

Edited by ShadyAct

Hopefully this is not too late to prevent Bizz Keryear from ending it all :wink:

v2.5.0.0 Now up on Spaceport

• Recompiled and two issues for 0.21
  • Fixed some issues with Hyperbolic orbits and AN/DN Nodes (Thanks RPHarazon)

I could have saved Bizz some stress, but couldn't upload it last night due to the spaceport Derp. If we have that again you can look for the alternate download on codeplex via the documentation site - https://sites.google.com/site/kerbalalarmclock/

Edited by TriggerAu
Adding Thanks!

a small suggestion for a future update. allow the creation of an alarm for the planets that have an atmosphere at about 2 mins before entering the atmosphere for aerobraking. that way we can have an automated alarm and not miss the aerobrake

a small suggestion for a future update. allow the creation of an alarm for the planets that have an atmosphere at about 2 mins before entering the atmosphere for aerobraking. that way we can have an automated alarm and not miss the aerobrake

Maybe more general: Alarm when passing an specific altitude and you can select also the bodies' atmosphere as a special limit. And then (like usual) you could set the warning to 2 minutes before.

Fabian

Maybe more general: Alarm when passing an specific altitude and you can select also the bodies' atmosphere as a special limit. And then (like usual) you could set the warning to 2 minutes before.

Fabian

Nice idea, and tweak. I should be able to use the distance math in the closest approach alarm and just need to access the bodies radius and atmospheric heights. Will have a look at it.

Can you give me some more info on what that would be Helion1979? Is this something from deadlyreentry...

Not necessarily: When you strap a Mainsail on the Jumbo-64 tank and throttle up to 100%, the Mainsail starts to overheat after a while. LV-N do this regularly but never damage the craft. Also at least one of the jet engines tend to overheat after some time running on full throttle.

But this is hard to do with your time based alarm system, as the overheat depend for example on the throttle and usually you have to create an alarm which then activates after X seconds. It's like the resource warning suggested (some) pages before. I won't object if you add that, but its not really something your plugin is build to cover.

Fabian

Not necessarily: When you strap a Mainsail on the Jumbo-64 tank and throttle up to 100%, the Mainsail starts to overheat after a while. LV-N do this regularly but never damage the craft. Also at least one of the jet engines tend to overheat after some time running on full throttle.

But this is hard to do with your time based alarm system, as the overheat depend for example on the throttle and usually you have to create an alarm which then activates after X seconds. It's like the resource warning suggested (some) pages before. I won't object if you add that, but its not really something your plugin is build to cover.

Fabian

OK, yep understood xZise. If I get to the resource based alarms stuff I'll see what I can do here. As you noted predominantly this is addin is based around time events and not sure if I will add that stuff. Just to set expectations.

Oh and I suffer from the slow loading issue with 21.1 so its really hard to do any dev/testing at the moment :(

Did you deactivate all except your necessary network ports? Worked for me.

Thanks xZise, they are all disabled bar the main one. The issue I have is a new one in 0.21.1 for some people where scene transitions take a long time, so by the time you start->load->spacecenter->vessel and then find you made a typo and go round the circle its most time consuming/frustrating. Might think about working in an old version and then recompiling in 0.21.1, but will be slower.

This is sort of a minor detail, but it would be nice to have the AN/DN mode function a little differently when your rocket is on the launch pad. If you want to RDV with something in an inclined orbit or just match its inclination, you can do your gravity turn at an angle other than 90 degrees, provided you launch when the launch pad is aligned with the AN or DN. So it would be nice if, while on the launch pad, AN/DN mode would calculate assuming you stay on the launch pad and rotate along with Kerbin.

Great addon in general though, very useful.

Thanks Dogfood, Is a good idea, will have to stretch my brain to try and figure out the maths on that one.

So for info I have the following I am working on:

• Above tweak re AN/DN on launch
  • Kerbal Alarms - ie Alarm targetted at Kerbal
  • Altitude Alarms - projected time at which the vessel will reach altitude X of body (with optional edge of atmosphere)
  • Longer term - display alarms on other scenes (tracking station?)

Although these are pretty much on hold till the 0.21.1 slow scene transitions is fixed, as it takes ages for me to make one code change and test.