[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Maybe I missed it, but is there a way to turn off the buttons to "warp to" a location? Sometimes it's really easy to accidentally press them and I don't ever use them.

Yes, it's in the settings/config menu.

(I also turn them off.)

Is it possible to use this to create transfer windows for ships/stations in orbit? If not, could it be added for the 1.0 release?

You can create alarms for transfer windows in it already. You can't create the transfer windows themselves of course ;']. Click add, click Transfer window button and go from there

Edited by futrtrubl

You can create alarms for transfer windows in it already. You can't crete the transfer windows themselves of course ;']. Click add, click Transfer window button and go from there

I mean for asteroids and ships, not just planets.

I mean for asteroids and ships, not just planets.

For a ship in interplanetary space, but orbiting like a planet? You can just create a maneuver node and drag it around the orbit until you get a connection to your target planet. However, if you do this frequently you're not best utilizing your fuel supply.

For asteroids, no. Unless you attach a ship to one. Then do the above.

For a ship in interplanetary space, but orbiting like a planet? You can just create a maneuver node and drag it around the orbit until you get a connection to your target planet.

I know. I'm asking if we can get KAC to calculate transfer windows for ships and asteroids as well as planets (which it already does).

For example, right now you can have KAC create an alarm for the Kerbin->Duna window. I'd like to be able to create one for Kerbin->Space Station, or Space Station->Duna.

I know. I'm asking if we can get KAC to calculate transfer windows for ships and asteroids as well as planets (which it already does).

For example, right now you can have KAC create an alarm for the Kerbin->Duna window. I'd like to be able to create one for Kerbin->Space Station, or Space Station->Duna.

That's more difficult since you can't make any assumptions about the orbits being circular, and then the calculations become really hard.

I use KAC for long time, it's great mod, especially for such unobservant person as me.

And only now I was stuck by simple thought - Alarm Clock ... wait a second! Silent Alarm Clock?

I made a quick search in this thread, and found, that there were plans to implement audible alarms a long time ago.

They are canceled for some reason, or I have improper KAC installation?

I have latest version since it warns about updates.

If audible alarms (I think single short beep is enough) are not implemented yet, is there any chance that they will be implemented before KSP goes 1.0 ?

Firstly, thanks for all the thanks and feedback, is much appreciated

One thought that I've had is that the "On Alarm" buttons need a rework.

Existing:

- Do nothing, Delete when past

- Do Nothing

- Message Only

- Kill Warp

- Kill Warp and Message

- Message and Pause

Proposal - Switch to a set of three buttons instead

a) Delete when past (or don't delete)

B) Popup message (or no message)

c) Kill warp or pause or do nothing

That gives 2x2x3 the 12 possible actions to take when an alarm triggers, with only 3 buttons.

So if I want a pop-up message, that gets deleted when past, with a do-nothing effect on the warp setting, I can do so.

I like this idea, always looking for ways to simplify interfaces. I'll have a ponder and see how much work it would be to swap it out

I'm experiencing a weird Problem and can't fix it myself... All my Alarms delete when I restart the game.

KAC puts lots of good stuff in the log about whats going on. The alarms themselves are stored in a scenario module in the save file. So if your OK to share your save file, log and some details about OS, build etc happy to look at it

Is it possible to use this to create transfer windows for ships/stations in orbit? If not, could it be added for the 1.0 release?

... and all the other transfer windows stuff

KAC basically has a precalculated list of dates for transfer windows, so for it to be able to work out asteroids and ships (which dont have known orbits, etc) would take a bunch of code... luckily some guy already worked all that code out in the Transfer Window Planner Mod which integrates with KAC - so you can create an alarm from it for a planetary transfer. I have been looking (should say thats one of my mods too :) ) at how to effectively do asteroid alarms, shouldnt be too hard TBH, and its already on the pending list for that mod on github

I use KAC for long time, it's great mod, especially for such unobservant person as me.

And only now I was stuck by simple thought - Alarm Clock ... wait a second! Silent Alarm Clock?

I made a quick search in this thread, and found, that there were plans to implement audible alarms a long time ago.

They are canceled for some reason, or I have improper KAC installation?

I have latest version since it warns about updates.

If audible alarms (I think single short beep is enough) are not implemented yet, is there any chance that they will be implemented before KSP goes 1.0 ?

Tis already on the pending list and all the code is ready for it - my challenge has been it takes me forever to create audio sounds I like. Will try and get this in for 1.0 version

I am pretty busy with testing too, so time for modding is super hard t come by, but will do my best on at least a few of these ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry top be slow responding too, I stopped getting emails for thread updates, apologies

Maybe I misunderstood what this plug-in is supposed to do but is there a way to automatically import all of my manoeuvre nodes so it can tell me what's next or do I have to manually inspect each vessel and copy the time over?

Maybe I misunderstood what this plug-in is supposed to do but is there a way to automatically import all of my manoeuvre nodes so it can tell me what's next or do I have to manually inspect each vessel and copy the time over?

If you go into the options there is one to automatically add maneuver node alarms. And many other alarm types.

I can't find that setting. In any case, right now I have a situation where in three days I leave the SOI of Eve in 86 days I enter the SOI of Kerbin. Leaving the SOI of Eve is of no interest to me whatsoever. It does not require my attention. Entering the SOI of Kerbin requires my attention. When I try to add an alarm, the plugin wants to remind me three days that I'll be leaving the SOI of Eve. How do you fix this? The only way I can see is to time warp three days and then add the alarm but that's surely not the intended operation.

I can't find that setting. In any case, right now I have a situation where in three days I leave the SOI of Eve in 86 days I enter the SOI of Kerbin. Leaving the SOI of Eve is of no interest to me whatsoever. It does not require my attention. Entering the SOI of Kerbin requires my attention. When I try to add an alarm, the plugin wants to remind me three days that I'll be leaving the SOI of Eve. How do you fix this? The only way I can see is to time warp three days and then add the alarm but that's surely not the intended operation.

You should be VERY concerned about that first SOI change. If you time warp through it too fast you will likely lose your Kerbin intersection. Hooray for the stock SOI change bug.

Once KAC alerts you of the Eve SOI change, use that alert to watch the ship leave Eve's SOI. Then, set a new alarm.

The auto-alarm setting is a bit obscure. It's in a drop-down that doesn't look like a drop down. Click things that look like labels and one will drop down and have all kinds of different things you can check. Maneuver nodes, SOI changes, contract deadlines...

Currently, you should be controlling EVERY ship that goes through an SOI change and you should go through that change at less than 50x warp. I like to do it at normal speed but 5 and 10x almost never cause problems.

Edited by 5thHorseman

In such an example as wanting to warp to apoapsis and then changing your mind and wanting to warp further to periapsis, you have to wait for the slow ramp down of warp at the apoapsis before you can start the next warp. The ideal response would be to cancel the first warp and start the next one immediately. I'm guessing the developer would already know this if they've played themselves though.

It has been less than a day. Relax and try out the new stock.

Oh I am, I wasn't meaning to come off as demanding a release right now, I was just looking for confirmation this mod hadn't been abandoned. I really can't play KSP without it. :D

Oh I am, I wasn't meaning to come off as demanding a release right now, I was just looking for confirmation this mod hadn't been abandoned. I really can't play KSP without it. :D

I'd still give it a few days before I even consider it being abandoned a possibility. Certainly not a few hours on a business day when the author probably can't even look at the forums.

I haven't realized how unplayable the game is without this mod. This and Kerbal Engineer are the absolute minimum mods. Something's messed up with the alarm clock button in 1.0 (it doesn't show up), but the mod seems to work if you had left the alarm menu open in the previous version. Hope it gets fixed soon.

(1.0 has built in Warp-To-Here from the orbit menu you can use in the meantime)

Edited by WolfCoder

I haven't realized how unplayable the game is without this mod. This and Kerbal Engineer are the absolute minimum mods. Something's messed up with the alarm clock button in 1.0 (it doesn't show up), but the mod seems to work if you had left the alarm menu open in the previous version. Hope it gets fixed soon.

(1.0 has built in Warp-To-Here from the orbit menu you can use in the meantime)

As I understand it, the stock app tray changed how icons are accessed.

So without Blizzy's toolbar or until Alarm Clock is updated, there's no way to open the Alarm Clock menu. (and I assume that Blizzy's toolbar needs updating as well though I haven't tried it in 1.0 but there were a lot of big changes this time around)

I'd still give it a few days before I even consider it being abandoned a possibility. Certainly not a few hours on a business day when the author probably can't even look at the forums.

It was just an innocent question, for the mod author, whenever he might have time to see, and respond. I wasn't trying to be demanding, I wasn't trying to sound like I was panic'd that the mod might have been abandoned, and I certainly didn't mean to poke any buttons with you. {which it seems I have, and I'm very sorry if I have upset you. It was not my intention.}