[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

v3.3.2.1 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

• Added KER Wrapper/Integration to provide BurnTime based margins (Issue #14)
  • Fixed issue with editing Automatic ManNode Margins (Issue #135)
  • Merged Fix re GUISkin and other plugins from mjn33 (Issue #133)
  • Merged typo fix from Dennovin (Issue #119)
  • (.1 because ) Missed an if statement

Note the burn margin option is only available if KER is installed. I wrote a wrapper to use the existing calculation engine in KER. You can set the default/auto/quick behaviour for the KER Margin addition - bottom of screen shown here.

The way this works is it ADDs the chosen KER value to the margin setting as well, so you will likely want to reduce your manual margin valueto a small value - just enough to get yourself oriented for your burn

http://i.imgur.com/BQi7ojh.png

Apologies this one took so long to get to

I just can't thank you enough for this. I'm so happy right now! :D

This is just amazing – KAC just got 100x better. I've wished this since I started to use the mod ~1 year ago. And then you just implement it! Awesome. Again, thank you. You're awesome.

The new KER integration isn't working for me: whether I have "Add KER burn time" set to "Full Burn", "Half Burn", or "No Burn Margin", the maneuver alarm always triggers exactly 1 minute before the node (1 minute being my configured margin). I'm running KER 1.0.16.6 and KAC 3.3.2.1. Is anybody else seeing this? Any other info I can provide to help diagnose?

What about VOID? I know that borrows quite a bit of KER's code.

That looks to have a burntime and half burntime value, so should be able to replicate it on that

The new KER integration isn't working for me: whether I have "Add KER burn time" set to "Full Burn", "Half Burn", or "No Burn Margin", the maneuver alarm always triggers exactly 1 minute before the node (1 minute being my configured margin). I'm running KER 1.0.16.6 and KAC 3.3.2.1. Is anybody else seeing this? Any other info I can provide to help diagnose?

Same versions here, a copy of the log would be useful (output_log.txt) - you can share it using pastebin or similar. Also a screenshot showing the KER burn info and the KAC Add alarm screen with the burn time displayed

Same versions here, a copy of the log would be useful (output_log.txt) - you can share it using pastebin or similar. Also a screenshot showing the KER burn info and the KAC Add alarm screen with the burn time displayed

OK, here's the log. It seems that the problem doesn't occur in the add alarm screen, but only for maneuver node auto alarms, so I can't show the screenshot as requested.

OK, here's the log. It seems that the problem doesn't occur in the add alarm screen, but only for maneuver node auto alarms, so I can't show the screenshot as requested.

Thats cool it narrows it down for sure, when you mention changing the setting from none to half to full - are you changing that in the settings window or the add alarm window? The auto add ones use the value from the settings screen where you change the margin... or at least they should :( . The log looks clean so no funny business there.

I'll check the behaviour here as well

Just wondering if anyone else is having auto generated SOI alarms showing the wrong transitions on mouseover?

For example, a SOI transition going from Sun->Eeloo keeps resetting to Kerbin->Sun for me. If I delete the alarm and let it regenerate it is correct again.

Just wondering if anyone else is having auto generated SOI alarms showing the wrong transitions on mouseover?

For example, a SOI transition going from Sun->Eeloo keeps resetting to Kerbin->Sun for me. If I delete the alarm and let it regenerate it is correct again.

Do you have multiple ships with the same name in flight? I recall something like this happening to me once - I had a ship in interplanetary space bound for Duna, and decided that the same ship would work for a mission to Eve. So I launched another one, made the Eve transfer burn, and discovered that the auto SoI alarm for the Duna-bound ship, which had previously correctly said Sun -> Duna, now said Kerbin -> Sun.

Do you have multiple ships with the same name in flight? I recall something like this happening to me once - I had a ship in interplanetary space bound for Duna, and decided that the same ship would work for a mission to Eve. So I launched another one, made the Eve transfer burn, and discovered that the auto SoI alarm for the Duna-bound ship, which had previously correctly said Sun -> Duna, now said Kerbin -> Sun.

This is indeed what we find. I launched loads of the same probe to Jool and I like to check which has most Dv left on arrival before I name them.

It seems then that the bug being reported is that when a ship causes an SOI alarm to be generated and it has the same name as a ship that already has an SOI alarm generated (auto generated if it makes any difference) this causes the first SOI alarm to display the wrong planets on mouseover. It shows the second ships SOI alarm details.

Since the last few patches don't seem to have solved this and as far as I can tell nobody else has brought it up:

If I have some alarms in one game, then exit to the Menu and load a different game at a much later UT (after the alarms would have gone off), an alarm popup window appears for a frame or two, followed by the Space Center camera being stuck in the middle of the Space Center and nothing being clickable. If I "fix" this by clearing all input locks, it returns to normal, except when I try to open a building, e.g. the VAB, I end up stuck forever in the black loading screen.

I can avoid this bug by restarting KSP and by only loading the later game first, i.e. before I've played the earlier.

My hypothesis is that KAC is triggering alarms before checking whether they should exist in the currently loaded game.

As far as mods go, I do have HyperEdit and Kerbal Engineer Redux, but this issue arose before I installed KER, and since it's a KAC alarm window that appears I'm fairly sure it's this and not HyperEdit ^^;

Note the burn margin option is only available if KER is installed. I wrote a wrapper to use the existing calculation engine in KER. You can set the default/auto/quick behaviour for the KER Margin addition - bottom of screen shown here.

The way this works is it ADDs the chosen KER value to the margin setting as well, so you will likely want to reduce your manual margin value to a small value - just enough to get yourself oriented for your burn

Oh wow! So much yes! A definitely needed addition.

Minor point, but on applying this setting, existing manoeuvre nodes aren't recalculated.

Took me a while to figure out that the setting had actually been applied and that you have to delete existing manoeuvre nodes before they are (re)calculated accurately.

EDIT: Definitely finding some weirdness with this feature. I find that I almost always have to delete the auto-created alarm in order for the margin to be reflected. Will investigate further.

EDIT 2: Yep, the margin is reflected in the auto-created manoeuvre node alarm when the node is initially dropped, but any further changes to that node (such as altering delta-v inputs) are not subsequently updated in the alarm, until it is deleted and auto-created again.

Edited by TMS

I am excited about this app but noticed that it does not work with the survey markers from contracts in career mode. You know, stuff like "Measure the temperature in spaceflight above 5,000 meters near Sector L-MR5V". Waypoint Manager does a great job of targeting these, but what I really want is the game to jump out of warp when I am within range of these markers so I can click the thermometer or whatever. Alternatively, a prediction several orbits out would also be nice.

Thanks!

Apologies for the non-answers for for the last two weeks, had to take a break due to pesky jobs :(

Is there a way to disable the fast forward arrows next to the nodes? Sorry if SelectHalfing0 is asking the same thing. Thanks
Is it possible to toggle on/off the "jump to nodes" feature. It's been getting in the way of clicking on the nodes themselves.

You do this from the settings panels under Specific Alarms->WarpTo and can disable them there

Oh wow! So much yes! A definitely needed addition.

Minor point, but on applying this setting, existing manoeuvre nodes aren't recalculated.

Took me a while to figure out that the setting had actually been applied and that you have to delete existing manoeuvre nodes before they are (re)calculated accurately.

EDIT: Definitely finding some weirdness with this feature. I find that I almost always have to delete the auto-created alarm in order for the margin to be reflected. Will investigate further.

EDIT 2: Yep, the margin is reflected in the auto-created manoeuvre node alarm when the node is initially dropped, but any further changes to that node (such as altering delta-v inputs) are not subsequently updated in the alarm, until it is deleted and auto-created again.

Have dug into this one and found whats going on here - Will be resolved in the next version

The settings window, definitely.

Hopefully this is the same one as above

Since the last few patches don't seem to have solved this and as far as I can tell nobody else has brought it up:

If I have some alarms in one game, then exit to the Menu and load a different game at a much later UT (after the alarms would have gone off), an alarm popup window appears for a frame or two, followed by the Space Center camera being stuck in the middle of the Space Center and nothing being clickable. If I "fix" this by clearing all input locks, it returns to normal, except when I try to open a building, e.g. the VAB, I end up stuck forever in the black loading screen.

I can avoid this bug by restarting KSP and by only loading the later game first, i.e. before I've played the earlier.

My hypothesis is that KAC is triggering alarms before checking whether they should exist in the currently loaded game.

As far as mods go, I do have HyperEdit and Kerbal Engineer Redux, but this issue arose before I installed KER, and since it's a KAC alarm window that appears I'm fairly sure it's this and not HyperEdit ^^;

Will dig into this one

This is indeed what we find. I launched loads of the same probe to Jool and I like to check which has most Dv left on arrival before I name them.

It seems then that the bug being reported is that when a ship causes an SOI alarm to be generated and it has the same name as a ship that already has an SOI alarm generated (auto generated if it makes any difference) this causes the first SOI alarm to display the wrong planets on mouseover. It shows the second ships SOI alarm details.

And also will dig into this one

I am excited about this app but noticed that it does not work with the survey markers from contracts in career mode. You know, stuff like "Measure the temperature in spaceflight above 5,000 meters near Sector L-MR5V". Waypoint Manager does a great job of targeting these, but what I really want is the game to jump out of warp when I am within range of these markers so I can click the thermometer or whatever. Alternatively, a prediction several orbits out would also be nice.

Thanks!

The way the alarm clock works is it calculates time to an event on the current path and then an alarm is generated, once the time passes it triggers. The challenge here will being the math to preict when you will be in the area and then set the alarm accordingly (as you need to preempt the event so warp can be slowed down in time to stop). It might be possible, but not yet on my worklist

I also have a VOID wrapper done now too - similar to KERs

Edited by TriggerAu

Reporting an exception that happens often as I switch views in the main base in code location:

KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.get_isEditorVAB

I don't know for sure, but TriggerAu may want to see the complete output_log.txt, and it's probably helpful to try and reproduce the exception with as few other mods active as you can have but still get the exception.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also good to mention if you are getting errors with other mods as well, such as the one you reported for KIS.

I don't know for sure, but TriggerAu may want to see the complete output_log.txt, and it's probably helpful to try and reproduce the exception with as few other mods active as you can have but still get the exception.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also good to mention if you are getting errors with other mods as well, such as the one you reported for KIS.

Except this would be unrelated, the full error is:

[FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000][EXC 17:42:08.327] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object[/COLOR]
KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.[COLOR=#ffffff]get_isEditor[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]VAB ()[/COLOR]
KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.get_WindowPosByActiveScene ()
KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails ()
KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.RepeatingWorker ()

Thus meaning he is not catching a null pointer/reference before accessing it. Pointers should *always* be checked before access unless it has already been confirmed and its accessible state has not changed since then, which it has not at that point in code. :-)

hi,

i come to report a bug: KAC allow to "jump to ship" on asteroids.

how to reproduce:

-track an asteroid in the tracking station

-set an alarm to the asteroid (for exemple an SOI change alarm)

-now, you can right click on the alarm and use "jump to ship" button

it allows to see his shape, see his mass, set a manoeuvre node,...

exept this minor bug, KAC is a must have and other features are running like a swiss clock!

my own opinion on the KER integration (really usefull) is to don't touch old alarm for safety.

Dug in to a bunch of these and a few other bits:

• I cant replicate the alarms bleeding between saves. In checking I did find I had some debug code in there from previous challeneges when it was first set up. I've unremmed a couple of lines in there so we can see more in the logs
  • I cant replicate the Same name issue either - all the code I can see easily uses the vesselID to find alarms. If someone can share a save file there might be something else
  • I found and squashed a few NRE's - thankls for the catches guys
  • Got a few other tweaks/requests done and ready

Should have a new version tomorrow out in a day or two

G'day Trigger,

7 days I have been watching (f5) this thread and it has been unusually quiet. No rush, please take your time, but I just wanted to note that there is at least one person out there hyped for the next version. Maybe you are waiting for 1.0.3, probably wise.

Cheers, Kaa.