TriggerAu

[1.6.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.10.0.0 (Dec 31)

Can the Altitude alarm not do this already? set to the edge of atmosphere for the target, or am I thinking of something else?

The altitude alarm does not do it automatically. Imagine you've a ship heading to Jool with an aerobrake already on your trajectory. You have SOI alarms and Atmosphere alarms set up to automatically trigger. You're futzing around on your Minmus base and Ping! You get an alarm. Jool SOI encounter. You "Jump To" it and follow the ship through the SOI. The moment the ship goes through the SOI, you get a new alarm for the atmosphere encounter.

Will an altitude alarm work? Sure. This would just be more convenient and smooth.

The altitude alarm does not do it automatically. Imagine you've a ship heading to Jool with an aerobrake already on your trajectory. You have SOI alarms and Atmosphere alarms set up to automatically trigger. You're futzing around on your Minmus base and Ping! You get an alarm. Jool SOI encounter. You "Jump To" it and follow the ship through the SOI. The moment the ship goes through the SOI, you get a new alarm for the atmosphere encounter.

Will an altitude alarm work? Sure. This would just be more convenient and smooth.

thanks, was missing that automatic step in my head. I'll have a fiddle here with adding auto alarms if the flight path intersects the atmosphere on a body

thanks, was missing that automatic step in my head. I'll have a fiddle here with adding auto alarms if the flight path intersects the atmosphere on a body

Sweet! One potential problem, it'd trigger as you're rising from the surface and just cross the atmo boundary, unless you somehow limit it to only count when you're in space.

Everything works great, but the alarm sounds don't seem to work for me. Ideas on troubleshooting?

Sweet! One potential problem, it'd trigger as you're rising from the surface and just cross the atmo boundary, unless you somehow limit it to only count when you're in space.

hehe, good point, will keep that in mind

Everything works great, but the alarm sounds don't seem to work for me. Ideas on troubleshooting?

I'd suggest trying to play the sounds from the settings and checking the logs for any errors. Feel free to share your log file - if you need help locating it then there are somegood tips in this post - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29?p=1380976&viewfull=1#post1380976

Hello!

I'm having a problem with Kerbal Alarm Clock. Everything works fine and looks good but the warp option.

No matter how I configure it; the alarm goes off and a message appears, but no sound and---most importantly---the warp is not automatically stopped. This has caused my ships to miss some transfer windows. I already tried reinstalling and deleting the folder and installing again. I'm using the latest version. With previous one this did not happen, but I started to notice recently because of new savegame.

Could this be a bug? Thanks in advance!

Hmm, any chance of getting a little x in the upper right corner of the KAC window to close it? Its annoying having to go back to the toolbar to click the icon to close it.

Can the Altitude alarm not do this already? set to the edge of atmosphere for the target, or am I thinking of something else?

I didn't know there was an altitude alarm. And to figure out what it was, I had to Ctrl-F your OP, and it turns out it's "target distance"-alarm, which does not seem very obvious to me.

Is it possible to somehow make it more prominent?

I just started using Kerbal Alarm Clock and already love it. Thx for making it! :)

Hey - has anyone seen issues with KAC where only the first alarm counts down? This is driving me nuts right now.

I think it might be related to EPL build alarms that get automatically added and removed.

Mod works great for me, except when I try to use it to calculate transfer windows to any of the planets contained in the outer planets mod (Sarnus, Urlum, Neidon, and Plock). All I get for each of them is a "no future model data" message under the "time to transfer" column. Anyone else experience this issue?

So no bugs reported means this will just run fine under 1.0.5? :)

I haven't seen any issues.

Try it out and see if it works. If it doesn't, just uninstall it.

Working fine for me.

Seems like deleting KAC and trying to play 1.0.5 without it crashes the game a lot, so don't do that.

Maybe I'll hold off a little before putting it into the gamedata folder then.

It should work fine. It's just that if you have a pre-1.0.5 save with KAC alarms, they might crash your game. It's silly but I think that's what is happening to me.

It should work fine. It's just that if you have a pre-1.0.5 save with KAC alarms, they might crash your game. It's silly but I think that's what is happening to me.

Okay then.

Edit: I'm periodically getting this exception, looks like something related to VOID, which I don't have.

11/15/2015 4:54:09 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for VOID

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

11/15/2015 4:54:09 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-VOIDWrapper,Attempting to Grab VOID Types...

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.RepeatingWorker () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.RepeatingWorker () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Edited by smjjames

I'm working the KER issue atm, so will also check on that one too - I dont thnk its void related as thats all well wrapped with error handling, and not done in the UpdateDetails method. I assume its happening when you change scenes yes?

Also looking at the 1.0.5 stuff

[quote name='TriggerAu']I'm working the KER issue atm, so will also check on that one too - I dont thnk its void related as thats all well wrapped with error handling, and not done in the UpdateDetails method. I assume its happening when you change scenes yes?

Also looking at the 1.0.5 stuff[/QUOTE]

Hi TriggerAu,

Love your mods. Looking forward to the pending KAC update. Have there been any other 1.0.5 issues reported, aside from trouble loading pre-1.0.5 savegames that have Kerbal Alarm Clock alarms set?

What's the KER issue? Something to do with Kerbal Engineering Redux?

Cheers!

[quote name='TriggerAu']I'm working the KER issue atm, so will also check on that one too - I dont thnk its void related as thats all well wrapped with error handling, and not done in the UpdateDetails method. I assume its happening when you change scenes yes?

Also looking at the 1.0.5 stuff[/QUOTE]

It mostly happens when launching from the editor, and possibly launching from KSC view. So, yeah, some scene changes but not all.

I hope the revision is going well. My program is lost without Kerbal Alarm Clock. Good luck; safe travels.

[quote name='DunaticFringe']I had a contract to plant flag on the Mun. Already did it before, but contract came afterwards. No problem with the mission. It was the first time using a two-seat lander on the Mun. Nice compact design with at least 350dV after landing and returning to orbit. Was able to get around 550 science so I was able to unlock more parts.
[/QUOTE]

That's pretty cool, and nice screenshots, but what does it have to do with Kerbal Alarm Clock? Did you use it to plan your Munar injection burn?

[quote name='Dweller_Benthos']That's pretty cool, and nice screenshots, but what does it have to do with Kerbal Alarm Clock? Did you use it to plan your Munar injection burn?[/QUOTE]

Oops!! I just noticed that I posted in the wrong thread. I wanted to post in the "What did you do in KSP today?" thread. Thanks for letting me know. Post moved.