[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

On 5/9/2016 at 6:33 PM, mixmage said:

As a stop gap though, the left number on KAC still appears to be right.  Its the current phase for each planet, so you can just watch the add time dialog to see all the planets' phases as your warping to your next timer.

Can you explain what you mean by "left number"?

@TriggerAu Since you have the better option for "Warp To Here", would it be possible to add an optional feature to hide the stock button?  It's just such a bad ergonomic design, it's far to easy to accidentally click when trying to create a maneuver node, which of course ruins your mission by the time you figure out whats going on.

Edited by Alshain

v3.6.2.1 Now Available

Download from GitHub or Download from Curse or Download from Spacedock

Simply fixing the phaseangle maths and publishing to spacedock. 

On 5/12/2016 at 6:42 AM, Alshain said:

@TriggerAu Since you have the better option for "Warp To Here", would it be possible to add an optional feature to hide the stock button?  It's just such a bad ergonomic design, it's far to easy to accidentally click when trying to create a maneuver node, which of course ruins your mission by the time you figure out whats going on.

I'll have a looksi, but i don't think thats an easy one to cut out - although a safety toggle wouldn't go astray - eg. click twice to have it warp to 

Edited by TriggerAu
Stuffed up the initial push

I see that I can save my settings if I don't copy config.xml over (Yay!).  However, I can't seem to find it (Boo?)...

This is a find result in the TriggerTech dir (ie, none):

/Applications/Games/KSP_1.1.2/GameData/TriggerTech % 13 find . -iname "*.xml" -print
/Applications/Games/KSP_1.1.2/GameData/TriggerTech % 14 

while this is a find result in the GameData dir:

/Applications/Games/KSP_1.1.2/GameData % 15 find . -iname "*.xml" -print
./BetterBurnTime/PluginData/BetterBurnTime/config.xml
./CameraFocusChanger/PluginData/CameraFocusChanger/config.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Presets/ORBITAL.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Presets/RENDEZVOUS.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Presets/SURFACE.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Presets/VESSEL.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Settings/BuildAdvanced.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Settings/BuildOverlay.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Settings/DisplayStack.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Settings/GuiDisplaySize.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Settings/HelpStrings.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Settings/SectionLibrary.xml
./KSP-AVC/KSP-AVC.xml
./NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicator/PluginData/NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicator/config.xml
./NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/PluginData/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator/config.xml
./Trajectories/Plugin/PluginData/Trajectories/config.xml
/Applications/Games/KSP_1.1.2/GameData % 16 

so I can see others' config.xml files but not TriggerTech's.  Where should I be looking?

5 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

v3.6.2.1 Now Available

Download from GitHub or Download from Curse or Download from Spacedock

Simply fixing the phaseangle maths and publishing to spacedock. 

I'll have a looksi, but i don't think thats an easy one to cut out - although a safety toggle wouldn't go astray - eg. click twice to have it warp to 

Ok, well I appreciate anything you can do, even if it can't be done.

5 hours ago, Warzouz said:

@TriggerAu, I understand "Formula" is a basic calculation of phase angle and that "Model" is precalculated ?

Why is there some differences ?

Which one do you recommend to use ?

On 4/25/2016 at 4:17 PM, TriggerAu said:

The KAC has two methods for Transfer windows - Formula: Which uses Olex's original formulas - these use circular orbits and can vary wildy and Model: This is a precomputed set of values done by Voneiden a whiles ago. The Model values have proven to be fairly accurate for a while.

The TWP calculates the values based on AlexMun's code - literally, he helped me by providing the solver code - so the values between that web tool and TWP are very close usually. This uses the orbits in the game models to then create the code. MechJeb uses a similar process, but a different solver module and thats why there are variances. Both get you a pretty good point from my exerience

This is @TriggerAu's response to this question. However, I have been meaning to ask this question lately, because the answer above just isn't quite clear enough for me (I'm not a genius). I still don't quite understand the differences between the two. They seem quite different from each other to both be 'pretty good', in my opinion. The difference between model and formula often is a good 20-30 days in difference.

I remember when I first read this, that I felt like 'model' is the way to go, because as much as I like Olex's models, they 'use circular orbits and can vary wildly'. Whereas, model values have 'proven to be fairly accurate for a while'.

Does this mean formula only calculates with circular orbits, and model can be more accurate than formula because it isn't forced to calculate with circular orbits? What if we naturally, typically form circular orbits before making a transfer? In that case, would formula be the way to go when calculating with KAC?

Help us @TriggerAu! Please, let us consume more of your precious time! :wink: (Thank you).

Edit: Also, thank you for the KAC update today. Now I've just got my fingers crossed for ARP and TWP.

Edited by KocLobster

8 hours ago, Trann said:

I see that I can save my settings if I don't copy config.xml over (Yay!).  However, I can't seem to find it (Boo?)...

This is a find result in the TriggerTech dir (ie, none):

/Applications/Games/KSP_1.1.2/GameData/TriggerTech % 13 find . -iname "*.xml" -print
/Applications/Games/KSP_1.1.2/GameData/TriggerTech % 14 

while this is a find result in the GameData dir:

/Applications/Games/KSP_1.1.2/GameData % 15 find . -iname "*.xml" -print
./BetterBurnTime/PluginData/BetterBurnTime/config.xml
./CameraFocusChanger/PluginData/CameraFocusChanger/config.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Presets/ORBITAL.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Presets/RENDEZVOUS.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Presets/SURFACE.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Presets/VESSEL.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Settings/BuildAdvanced.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Settings/BuildOverlay.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Settings/DisplayStack.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Settings/GuiDisplaySize.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Settings/HelpStrings.xml
./KerbalEngineer/Settings/SectionLibrary.xml
./KSP-AVC/KSP-AVC.xml
./NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicator/PluginData/NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicator/config.xml
./NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/PluginData/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator/config.xml
./Trajectories/Plugin/PluginData/Trajectories/config.xml
/Applications/Games/KSP_1.1.2/GameData % 16 

so I can see others' config.xml files but not TriggerTech's.  Where should I be looking?

KAC uses the games confignode storage system, not generic xml files. the settings are in settings.cfg in GameData\TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock

4 hours ago, KocLobster said:

This is @TriggerAu's response to this question. However, I have been meaning to ask this question lately, because the answer above just isn't quite clear enough for me (I'm not a genius). I still don't quite understand the differences between the two. They seem quite different from each other to both be 'pretty good', in my opinion. The difference between model and formula often is a good 20-30 days in difference.

I remember when I first read this, that I felt like 'model' is the way to go, because as much as I like Olex's models, they 'use circular orbits and can vary wildly'. Whereas, model values have 'proven to be fairly accurate for a while'.

Does this mean formula only calculates with circular orbits, and model can be more accurate than formula because it isn't forced to calculate with circular orbits? What if we naturally, typically form circular orbits before making a transfer? In that case, would formula be the way to go when calculating with KAC?

Help us @TriggerAu! Please, let us consume more of your precious time! :wink: (Thank you).

Edit: Also, thank you for the KAC update today. Now I've just got my fingers crossed for ARP and TWP.

Ah yeah I should have clarified that a bit better. Olex's formula and the "formula" method is based on circular orbits - thats the orbits of the planets (not the vessel) as a circle. So it uses the Semi-Major Axis distance for each planets orbit, and assumes their orbits are circular at that distance. This means that it works for modified games, but is only truuly accurate when both the target and destination planets/moons have circular orbits (which is rare).

The model version uses precalculated optimum transfer values generated by @voneiden many moons ago. This was done using some solver maths outside of the game and the values plugged in to a database of values that are used to show the time to leave and phase angle at that time - this version only works for the stock game, but is quite accurate for best time to leave.

Make sense?

Of course using the TWP plugin is a good way to visualize accurate values for any version of the game, but does require some work by me to update the code - am working on that now.

Thanks, this does help a lot with my understanding of model vs. formula. In my case, I'll continue to use model until I decide I want to start playing with one of the many mods that alter the solar system. Great to hear you're hard at work, we are quite fortunate. :)

2 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

KAC uses the games confignode storage system, not generic xml files. the settings are in settings.cfg in GameData\TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock

Ah!  You may want to edit the ReadMe-KerbalAlarmClock.txt and change the name of the file listed there (this is why I was looking for config.xml). 8)  Much thanks!

Edited by Trann

Hi, someone reported that my mod has an issue with this one: the planet Plock is the farthest out in OPM but in KAC is mentioned as being below Moho. In the mod Final Frontier a similar thing occured because it put bodies in order of SMA. Because if people install SigmaBinary this dwarf planet Plock (Pluto analog) is moved by that plugin to orbit a shared binary point together with its companion Karen (Charon analog) and Plock gets the smallest SMA of everything whose Kopernicus config ever said it orbited the Sun. Maybe this is the same issue causing the KAC behavior.

On 5/16/2016 at 10:59 AM, Trann said:

Ah!  You may want to edit the ReadMe-KerbalAlarmClock.txt and change the name of the file listed there (this is why I was looking for config.xml). 8)  Much thanks!

Damn, its the little things that kill me :P

Thanks

Hi, I'd like to make a feature request:

Would it be possible for the launch rendezvous to work with any targeted object/body and not just vehicles? I usually like to launch directly into the plane of MInmus and it would be handy to use the launch rendezvous for that.

TIA!

Behavior Report:

Kerbal Alarm Clock is affecting the framerate of the Space Center tracking station.  Default setting of 10 [in math checks per second] reduces a framerate of 50 to a framerate of 8.

Appears to be attached to the number of math checks per second.  No alarms are set.

EDIT:

Workaround:  Plug in a custom MCPS of 1

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw
Data and clarification update

Hi

When I jump from tracking  Station to a ship the log shows several exceptions:

Spoiler

[WRN 19:51:56.441] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From TRACKSTATION to FLIGHT (Async) =====================
[LOG 19:51:56.442] [Toolbar] [INFO] loading settings (game scene: FLIGHTMAP)
[LOG 19:51:56.443] [Toolbar] [INFO] loading toolbar settings (toolbar 'toolbar_1593780216')
[LOG 19:51:56.444] 5/25/2016 7:51:56 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Scene Change from 'TRACKSTATION' to 'FLIGHT'
[LOG 19:51:56.445] 5/25/2016 7:51:56 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag
[EXC 19:51:56.468] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails ()
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.RepeatingWorker ()
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper ()
[LOG 19:51:56.482] [SCANsat] Unloading Kopernicus On Demand PQSMod For Minmus
[LOG 19:51:56.484] [Toolbar] [INFO] button visibilities have changed
[LOG 19:51:56.485] [Toolbar] [INFO] button visibilities have changed, forcing auto-size
[LOG 19:51:56.485] [Toolbar] [INFO] saving settings (game scene: FLIGHTMAP)
[LOG 19:51:56.486] [Toolbar] [INFO] saving toolbar settings (toolbar 'toolbar_1593780216')
[LOG 19:51:56.490] 5/25/2016 7:51:56 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue
[EXC 19:51:56.493] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PauseMenu.get_isOpen ()
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.OnGUIEvery ()
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.OnGUI ()
[EXC 19:51:56.497] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PauseMenu.get_isOpen ()
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindow.OnGUIEvery ()
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindowPlus.OnGUIEvery ()
    TransferWindowPlanner.TWPWindow.OnGUIEvery ()
[EXC 19:51:56.502] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PauseMenu.get_isOpen ()
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindow.OnGUIEvery ()
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindowPlus.OnGUIEvery ()
    TransferWindowPlanner.TWPWindow.OnGUIEvery ()
[EXC 19:51:56.507] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PauseMenu.get_isOpen ()
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.OnGUIEvery ()

I'm using version KAC 3.6.3.0 and TWP 1.5.1.0 from CKAN

I have a heavy modded install

If you need more information ask me.... ;-)

And thanks for these great mods!

@TriggerAu

Minor Suggestion: Update front page "KerbalStuff" links to point to SpaceDock instead. Several of your mods have this issue, but your update posts all have SpaceDock links, so it should hopefully be an easy fix in each case.

This isn't a critical thing, but it would be much appreciated.

Edited by SciMan

On 5/21/2016 at 11:42 AM, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

Behavior Report:

Kerbal Alarm Clock is affecting the framerate of the Space Center tracking station.  Default setting of 10 [in math checks per second] reduces a framerate of 50 to a framerate of 8.

Appears to be attached to the number of math checks per second.  No alarms are set.

EDIT:

Workaround:  Plug in a custom MCPS of 1

I think, I might be suffering from this, since I haven't made any changes to KAC - would you mind a letting me know what MCPS is and here I go to change it?

Just now, gamerscircle said:

I think, I might be suffering from this, since I haven't made any changes to KAC - would you mind a letting me know what MCPS is and here I go to change it?

It's the value 'Math Checks Per Second', you can see it in your settings menu for KAC.  You have some fixed values, then one 'custom'.  You have to edit the custom value from notepad.  The placeholder for the custom value is, I believe, 40.  Change that to 1.

23 minutes ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

It's the value 'Math Checks Per Second', you can see it in your settings menu for KAC.  You have some fixed values, then one 'custom'.  You have to edit the custom value from notepad.  The placeholder for the custom value is, I believe, 40.  Change that to 1.

This?

BehaviourChecksPerSec = 40
    BehaviourChecksPerSec_Custom = 40  <----

The above 'custom' was added after I changed the default from 1 to 40, so you suggest changing this value to 1?

5 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

This?

BehaviourChecksPerSec = 40
    BehaviourChecksPerSec_Custom = 40  <----

The above 'custom' was added after I changed the default from 1 to 40, so you suggest changing this value to 1?

Yes, that one.  It corresponds to the 'math checks per second' variable in the options menus.  By default, it's checking 40 times a second.  For some reason, that just KILLS the tracking station.  I set it to '1' and it cleared the framerate right up.  Then in the options, just set it to 'custom'.

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 11:23 PM, Funky Dare Devil said:

Mod works great for me, except when I try to use it to calculate transfer windows to any of the planets contained in the outer planets mod (Sarnus, Urlum, Neidon, and Plock). All I get for each of them is a "no future model data" message under the "time to transfer" column. Anyone else experience this issue?

I've got that too. KAC seems to be able to derive formulas for transfer windows for modded planets, but doesn't have models for them. And the formula settings don't seem to be too reliable to me.

To TriggerAu: Is there any way you could take a look into CaptRobau's Outer Planets mod and see if you can make KAC's model settings work with it?

Okay, so I'm having an issue with KAC, it keeps crashing my game. So here is the info, and so on.

So what happens is I am on one craft, I click on an alarm to 'jump to craft' and then get a series of errors/exceptions. I do have exception detector installed so it immediately lets me know, but the game locks up too. Been having stability issues along the way as well, so this might be related to that. Anyway, I will post the logs, and reference the code errors here and maybe someone can help.

Here is the recurring error in the log file:

[EXC 10:31:42.047] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails ()
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.RepeatingWorker ()
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper ()
[LOG 10:31:42.062] 6/6/2016 10:31:42 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag

In the output.log file we have this: (Which may hint to a conflict with the impact mod?)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at kerbal_impact.AsteroidSpectrumContract.OnVesselDestroy (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The entire mod list I am using is here: http://pastebin.com/CHCsYG26

And the full log files can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jjieismmtatotc/KSP.zip?dl=0

Again, this may not be KAC related directly but it is the mod throwing the nulrefs at the moment and the culprit according to Exception Detector.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated, because I really can't play an outer planets ksp game without KAC!

32 minutes ago, TheReadPanda said:

Again, this may not be KAC related directly but it is the mod throwing the nulrefs at the moment and the culprit according to Exception Detector.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated, because I really can't play an outer planets ksp game without KAC!

I'm not TriggerAU, but I can provide first tier support in this case.

You have multiple mods throwing exceptions or reporting errors in that log.  For instance, KSPAPIExtensions throws several errors right at the start. Somebody is processing bogus or unexpected orbit data (there are a log of errors like "E is NaN! tA: 4.13279595821249, e = 7.58940986236145" in the log). KER reports errors repeatedly. KAC throws exceptions. And so on.  If another mod is behaving badly, that's outside of KAC's responsibility.  My installation of KAC does not show any exceptions, so I'd say it's not on the suspect list - it's more of a canary in a coal mine.

As for suggestions: start removing DLLs.  At least one mod you have is doing something to the game environment that is affecting other mods.  You'll need to go through a process of elimination to identify it.  If you have any mods that include DLLs that were not updated specifically to KSP 1.1.2, you should start with them.  Then any that weren't updated to 1.1.