[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Thank you! I never migrated to 0.25 KSP as was worried about loosing all my flights in progress. So to see a working export/import and plugin for KAC and I'm giddy! Just loaded up KSP, and see I've got months till my next alarm clock reminder... so time to build even more craft!

Hi, have you considered to add a .version file to integrate with KSP-AVC? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79745-0-24-2-KSP-AVC-Add-on-Version-Checker-Plugin-1-1-4-1-MiniAVC-KSP-AVC-Online

Great plugin. Thank you.

I have considered that and looked at it before yeah, but I found it at the same time as the great data transmission argument so I stepped away for a little bit. I do have a method in my plugins already that is pretty robust, but will check it out when I get some down time. Ta

I just had the same idea as miceliux, but realized he had ninja'd me by a year and a half. :P

The only difference by now is that the config setup for CKAN and KSP-AVC is pretty similar so if you do one, it's trivial to do the other.

You do have a great built-in update system that should be retained. The proliferation of mods makes some form of manager almost a necessity so supporting multiple options would be good.

Please excuse me if you have otherwise addressed this issue. Thanks again for the great software.

I have considered that in the past, but simply haven't had time to work out what I need to do. Is it simply a .version file somewhere in the plugin?

The CKAK stuff happens automatically via Kerbalstuff and the CKAN project members (so no brain power needed at this end, and why it happened so quickly)

If its just adding a version file then I'm happy to do that (as long as there is no popups triggered in game when a version is not up to date). I'll have to dig in to that during the break

I have considered that in the past, but simply haven't had time to work out what I need to do. Is it simply a .version file somewhere in the plugin?

It is only a basic json file in your plugin zip. You just have to generate it at your build time so it reflects exactly the version you are building...

On the other hand, if you could implement the AVC file, it would help on the CKAN side as well as we could extract additional metadata from it, leading to even less human work :)

The CKAN stuff happens automatically via Kerbalstuff and the CKAN project members (so no brain power needed at this end, and why it happened so quickly)

Exactly what CKAN was designed to do, my dear sir! :cool:

TriggerAu, it seems I remembered (incorrectly) Alarm Clock providing a configurable key which kills all time acceleration!

This of course makes me think this is a great suggestion. Thoughts?

I personally would want 'X' to pull double duty and always kill time acceleration (in addition to killing throttle as it does by default). Too many times am I rushed in a panic and find myself unable to do anything because I haven't warped down quite far enough. KAC obviously allows me to do this when I'm not using the seat of my pants to fly...but it would also be nice to have a key!

Thanks for the awesome mod and consideration.

No popups during the game. It only does a check while starting the game, and simply notifies you during the startup that a module is out-of-date.

With the nature of the notification being that the mod is "incompatible" with the current version. Not "could be" or "might be" but "is"

Is there any way to unlock secondary windows (for instance, the "create alarm" window) from the right side of the main KAC window? Clicking on the titlebar and dragging only seems to move the main window. I'd like to put the main window on the right side of the screen, but that results in the secondary windows being off the screen.

Thanks! Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything.

Well as long as people only get that window if they install the AVC plugin themselves I'm OK with that. I'll add it to the build script next release

Is there any way to unlock secondary windows (for instance, the "create alarm" window) from the right side of the main KAC window? Clicking on the titlebar and dragging only seems to move the main window. I'd like to put the main window on the right side of the screen, but that results in the secondary windows being off the screen.

Thanks! Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything.

Will put it on the list. I should be able to flip the windows to the other side easily enough

TriggerAu, it seems I remembered (incorrectly) Alarm Clock providing a configurable key which kills all time acceleration!

This of course makes me think this is a great suggestion. Thoughts?

I personally would want 'X' to pull double duty and always kill time acceleration (in addition to killing throttle as it does by default). Too many times am I rushed in a panic and find myself unable to do anything because I haven't warped down quite far enough. KAC obviously allows me to do this when I'm not using the seat of my pants to fly...but it would also be nice to have a key!

Thanks for the awesome mod and consideration.

Should be able to add that. It wouldnt "Kill" it immediately, but could wind it back down to 1x using the transition states - or you bork orbits. If thats cool I'll add it as an option.

Should be able to add that. It wouldnt "Kill" it immediately, but could wind it back down to 1x using the transition states - or you bork orbits. If thats cool I'll add it as an option.

Not who originally asked for it, but I'd love this if I could get my brain used to it. X is the perfect key because (except in physics warp) you're never throttled up in warp anyway. One request (if it's even necessary to code around) is to keep the "1x warp" text from showing up if you hit X and are already at 1x warp.

...Alarm Clock providing a configurable key which kills all time acceleration. Thoughts?

Should be able to add that. It wouldn't "Kill" it immediately, but could wind it back down to 1x using the transition states - or you bork orbits. If thats cool I'll add it as an option.

... I'd love this if I could get my brain used to it. X is the perfect key because (except in physics warp) you're never throttled up in warp anyway. One request (if it's even necessary to code around) is to keep the "1x warp" text from showing up if you hit X and are already at 1x warp.

@Trigger - I'm humbly excited that others think the idea is worth while - thanks! Your point about how to achieve exactly my needs while not breaking the game is also appreciated. :-) Certainly something I wasn't familiar with.

@5thHorseman - Excellent points. Come to think of it, I'm not certain I know what I'd want to happen during physical warp. I could see either way being effective... don't change the warp while in physical warp certainly makes sense. Not sure I'd hate it if it also served as a way to cut the warp out (let's say your throttle is already at zero for instance and you want to use your new friend 'X' to slow the heck down to prep for a maneuver).

Thanks again! Awesome stuff.

Not who originally asked for it, but I'd love this if I could get my brain used to it. X is the perfect key because (except in physics warp) you're never throttled up in warp anyway. One request (if it's even necessary to code around) is to keep the "1x warp" text from showing up if you hit X and are already at 1x warp.

Yeah already had that in my mind - not to change warp speed if you arent warped up.

@Trigger - I'm humbly excited that others think the idea is worth while - thanks! Your point about how to achieve exactly my needs while not breaking the game is also appreciated. :-) Certainly something I wasn't familiar with.

@5thHorseman - Excellent points. Come to think of it, I'm not certain I know what I'd want to happen during physical warp. I could see either way being effective... don't change the warp while in physical warp certainly makes sense. Not sure I'd hate it if it also served as a way to cut the warp out (let's say your throttle is already at zero for instance and you want to use your new friend 'X' to slow the heck down to prep for a maneuver).

Thanks again! Awesome stuff.

I can make it an option for both/either or. ie. you can enable/disable the feature for each warp mode. Should be easy enough - you can track it here - https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/issues/85

It is only a basic json file in your plugin zip. You just have to generate it at your build time so it reflects exactly the version you are building...

On the other hand, if you could implement the AVC file, it would help on the CKAN side as well as we could extract additional metadata from it, leading to even less human work :)

Well as long as people only get that window if they install the AVC plugin themselves I'm OK with that. I'll add it to the build script next release.

Thanks! :)

I already installed KAC using CKAN and it'll be great for managing updates. (May I ask if you plan on doing the same for your other mods?)

KAC, ARP, TWP and KSPTips are all on Kerbal stuff and I believe that means they can/should have CKAN versions. I'll do the AVC files for all mods

KAC and Tips show up!

ARP and TWP do not, at least on the 0.90 side. Did you create and submit the "<YourModName>.netkan" file?

per http://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Adding-a-mod-to-the-CKAN:

If your mod satisfies these three requirements:

1. it's hosted on KerbalStuff;
  2. it's installed by copying over its folder to GameData;
  3. it doesn't have any dependencies;

then we just need two small pieces of information and you are good to go! Save the following into a file called YourModName.netkan:

{
"spec_version" : 1,
"identifier" : "YourModName",
"$kref" : "#/ckan/kerbalstuff/<ksid>",
"x_netkan_license_ok": true
}

and fill in the name of your mod and the number of your mod in the KerbalStuff index. Be aware that the identifier should contain only alphanumeric characters, and will identify your mod uniquely.

That's it: now you only need to let us have this file. The preferred method of contribution is to open a pull request to the NetKAN repository, but feel free to open a new issue if you need help with this!

The <ksid> should be replaced with the KerbalStuff ID of your mod. This is an integer number and you can find it in the URL of your mod's page:

kerbalstuff.com/mod/<ksid>/YourModName

You don't need to do anything else, ever - CKAN can figure out all the other metadata from the KerbalStuff API, including author and latest version.

Sorry for being so demanding.

Thanks again!

Edited by Teslamax
included CKAN how-to reference

KAC and Tips show up!

ARP and TWP do not, at least on the 0.90 side. Did you create and submit the "<YourModName>.netkan" file?

I've not done that for any mod to date - although I think KS did it for me automagically when I added it to the site. I think the guys running CKAn (and others) are adding things on request, so someone else may have had that added. I probably beed a good chunk of time to look at CKAN and AVC to get em all right in my head too :)

I've not done that for any mod to date - although I think KS did it for me automagically when I added it to the site. I think the guys running CKAn (and others) are adding things on request, so someone else may have had that added. I probably beed a good chunk of time to look at CKAN and AVC to get em all right in my head too :)

That is correct Trigger, others have added TWP and ARP to the NETKAN repository. Once things are straightened out on that end, they should show up. I think there were issues discussed in those other threads that may still be holding those 2 mods up (though I haven't had time to check CKAN yet today...busy work day before the holidays).

I think there were issues discussed in those other threads that may still be holding those 2 mods up (though I haven't had time to check CKAN yet today...busy work day before the holidays).

Actually, the main thing holding up TWP (and, by extension, KAC) is the fact that the zip entries start with <modname>-<modversion>/GameData/TriggerTech instead of GameData/TriggerTech like nearly all other mods out there.

We either have to implement an extension in ckan (the infamous "find" keyword) or TriggerAu could help us a little bit by changing his packaging structure. Anyway, as soon as one or both of those things are tackled, the addons should appear, as if by magic, on CKAN :)

I don't have much experience with this mod, but it seems that it puts the game in timewarp as soon as an alarm is added that pertains to a ship (e.g. an alarm for reaching periapsis).

Imo that is inconvenient because the reason why i set an alarm is so that i do not have to timewarp but instead can do other missions without worrying about overshooting. The way it works a couple of game days have past before i have put the game back from max timewarp (interplanetary) to 1x.

Thanks to the kind CKAN peeps the installs now work with the triggertech folder and everything is looking good with some updated metadata files.

If you use CKAN please grab the latest client so that it will install and update as you want.

I don't have much experience with this mod, but it seems that it puts the game in timewarp as soon as an alarm is added that pertains to a ship (e.g. an alarm for reaching periapsis).

Imo that is inconvenient because the reason why i set an alarm is so that i do not have to timewarp but instead can do other missions without worrying about overshooting. The way it works a couple of game days have past before i have put the game back from max timewarp (interplanetary) to 1x.

The only time it should add and warp an alarm is if you click on the ">>" buttons in the quickadd menu. If you add them by using the AP button or through the usual add interface it should just add the alarm and have no effect on warp. If your adding the alarm using the button seen here http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/manual.html#General-QuickAdd labeled Add and warp then its correct. If its any of the other adds then let me know and I'll dig in to the code some

v3.1.0.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

Finally got some time on this one so have cleared a list of stuff. a few things that may need extra info are:

• If you want to enable the Kill Warp when throttle is cut you will find the option in the first page of settings
  • If you are using RSS, KAC will let you display times/alarms, etc using the Earth Equivalent times (Epoch Jan 1 1951) - as well as TWP having this functionality now. There is a new page in the settings for calendar stuff
  • There are now a couple of "No Action" actions - thanks to ntwest for doing a bunch of the work here. What they do should make sense, and if you combine the NoAction and Delete one with a repeating alarm you can now have something in the list that has no effect on gameplay but does come back around each repeat period.

Here's the full changelog:

• Added option so when you hit the throttle cutoff ("X" by default) it will also kill warp (Issue #85)
  • Added "No Action" Action options (Issue #80)
  • Added functionality to change calendar to RSS cal (Issue #53)
  • Added extra message for career mode when AP/PE points are not targettable (Issue #83)
  • Added warning to Transfer values for RSS loaded games (Issue #18)
  • Closed bug with Asteroid Closest Distance crash (Issue #54)
  • Confirmed code requirement for closest Distance and landed craft (Issue #73)
  • Closed request re "Focus"ing vessels in TS - no API exists (Issue #32)
  • Replaced all the Time objects with new KSPDateTime and KSPTimeSpan classes (Issue #74)
  • Added AVC .version file (Issue #88)
  • Restructured Zip to better suit CKAN (Issue #87)
  • Updated Toolbar wrapper
  • Updated manual pages

Hope your all having a good break for Christmas