[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

First off, amazing mod.

Second, while I love the new "Warp To" function, I get very nervous using warps higher than 100x. Would it be possible to put in a max allowable warp setting?

You don't have to worry during the Warp To function, it stops automaticly

Use Kerbal Alarm Clock for a few more days. Every time a higher time warp screws something up, go into the settings and make an auto-alarm for that thing.

Your nervousness will soon end and you'll instead find yourself banging on the ">" key with fervor.

Yea it's awesome. Just warp at full speed towards any SOI change and nothing to worry about

First off, amazing mod.

Second, while I love the new "Warp To" function, I get very nervous using warps higher than 100x. Would it be possible to put in a max allowable warp setting?

Nervous.. KSP... its like the default state when playing isnt it?

should be straightforward, I'll put it on the list as I tweak the warpTo stuff this weekend

You don't have to worry during the Warp To function, it stops automaticly

But it doesn't always at higher warps. For example; I was doing a low thrust spiral Munar approach. On the last burn KAC warped at 10 000x. The maneuver alarm popped up but the warp didn't end. By the time I killed the warp I was well past the transfer window and had to wait 3 Munths for it to open again (which I didn't have the life support for) or make a longer burn (which I didn't have the Dv for). I checked the settings and they were set to kill the warp.

should be straightforward, I'll put it on the list as I tweak the warpTo stuff this weekend

Awesome, thanks.

But it doesn't always at higher warps. For example; I was doing a low thrust spiral Munar approach. On the last burn KAC warped at 10 000x. The maneuver alarm popped up but the warp didn't end. By the time I killed the warp I was well past the transfer window and had to wait 3 Munths for it to open again (which I didn't have the life support for) or make a longer burn (which I didn't have the Dv for). I checked the settings and they were set to kill the warp.

You can change how exactly each form of auto alarm works, and what kind of message it gives. There is also a setting for 'message only', which does not stop warp.

So you probably just have a bad setting

Hi NHawks17, not seen that one myself. Are you ableto provide some more info and maybe some logs - theres some good info in the supports forum on things that are useful to provide

I have the same problem. Maby it is career related?

I have this error message:

[Log]: 1/31/2015 9:28:15 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Cannot find texture to load:E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock/Textures/img_buttonWarpToTSApPeOverConfirm.png

Hi NHawks17, not seen that one myself. Are you ableto provide some more info and maybe some logs - theres some good info in the supports forum on things that are useful to provide

Sorry, forgot to reply to this. I don't know what other information I can provide to you but I can tell you I have the most recent version of both Toolbar and KAC installed.

Here is my Output log and here is my KSP log. I don't know which one you need, if there's any other logs you need to see just let me know :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have this error message:

[Log]: 1/31/2015 9:28:15 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Cannot find texture to load:E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock/Textures/img_buttonWarpToTSApPeOverConfirm.png

TriggerAu, I'm also getting this error message. I thought maybe it was an issue with the CKAN zip, so I downloaded KAC from Github manually. The img_buttonWarpToTSApPeOverConfirm.png texture is missing from the zip file, which is why ksp can't find it. I haven't noticed any issues relating to this, just wanted to make sure you were aware.

Hi there,

Maybe someone just have told early, but I just discover that I can "jump to ship" to an asteroid with KAC, just creating an alarm and "jumping to". Normal tracking station doesn't allow that.

There's a config setting that can turn that off, somewhere in options. I also thought it defaulted to off but it's been a while since I dealt with the defaults.

I am on Linux, and some fonts required for Kerbal Alarm Clock are missing. I already have the fonts installed to run KSP, what font package do I need to get Kerbal Alarm to work?

I dont know that there are any specific fonts. The code simply uses the default KSP or Unity fonts. Any Linux users out there able to help on this one?

Is it possible for Real World Alarms to stay active and alert us in the design buildings? I love (need) to be reminded that the real world exists, but the raw alarm only seems to sound when I come out of a build session.

I'll look at enabling the Alarm Clock in that scene - was thinking of that for TWP integration too so is in line

TriggerAu, I'm also getting this error message. I thought maybe it was an issue with the CKAN zip, so I downloaded KAC from Github manually. The img_buttonWarpToTSApPeOverConfirm.png texture is missing from the zip file, which is why ksp can't find it. I haven't noticed any issues relating to this, just wanted to make sure you were aware.

Hmm, it doesnt use that image - I had it in in one scenario, I must have left in a line of code (bad programming) Thanks for the heads up

Turn that off? It's fun! :sticktongue: Ride the asteroid!

To each their own, thats why its an option - it defaulted to the previous behaviour, but you can prevent it if you dont like riding :)

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm it has nothing to do with CKAN.

I use KSPAVC instead and sitll get the error as well.

[Log]: 2/27/2015 5:56:16 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Cannot find texture to load:E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock/Textures/img_buttonWarpToTSApPeOverConfirm.png

While you working on the new release I'll copy over another one. (temporaly solution to get rid the error itself)

Anyway it is a must have mod. Thanx

I definetly need this as I'm multitasking 5 missions that I launched at roughly the same time. They aren't going to the same places, but some of the arrival times and maneuver nodes are pretty close.

Definitely need it... I hate missing transfer burns and SOI changes. Can't play with out it!!

Well, I have MechJeb to take care of the warping to stuff, but it's nice to have something that shows the upcoming times of stuff since you can't really remember each one, especially with timewarp.

This is a must have mod (I allways install this first) along with mechjeb :D

Using it to get notified when those potatoes came into Kerbin's SOI. AS well as multhithreaded maneuver times tracking.

I have a only 90 kerbin's day old space program and just one tech node left to open (one of the modded 1000 point type from the 5-6...).

Got at least 15 launched flight in progress, which have an alarm on them right now (SOI changes, Maneuver nodes).

So this is a must have mod. I don't really know why squad didn't made it stock at the first place.

Nasa would be in a big trouble not using a calendar for the ongoing missions.

Although I become aware that there is a wrap to AP - PE nodes just a few days ago. (I don't remember I saw them a few months back, when I first modded KSP)

So that one is a nice addition.

Finally getting some modding time in. I've worked on a few things including fixing the log message about the missing image (which isnt there intentionally) and the below one about the window state

While you're at it, could you make hiding the KAC window persistent? It seems every single time I switch scenes, the KAC window pops up, despite me closing it beforehand.

I spent a bunch of time on the idea of being able to warp up again after passing through atmosphere and struck a major logic flaw. I am unable to determine when the warp rate has been reduced due to atmosphere/altitude. If anyone has any ideas on this then shoot it through - otherwise I'll have to park that idea.

next up is multiple orbits for WarpTo and KAC in the Editor Scenes...

I've searched for answers to this question, but have not found any definite one yet. I set up an alarm for a transfer to Eeloo. It came up as something like 60 days. 60 days later however the phase angle needed to go to Eeloo had long since passed. I checked the other alarms I had set up for planetary transfers, and they too had started to run out of sync.

I read somewhere that Kerbal Alarm Clock uses circular orbits to calculate these things, but that post seemed rather old, so I questioned the validity of the answer. Can someone explain to me why this happens and what I can do about it? I would much appreciate it.

Just wanted to say that I've been playing a completely stock game for a bit as an experiment to see how well I do without mods, and I find myself waking up in the middle of the night having had nightmares about overshooting maneuver nodes. I'm going to enjoy going back to playing with KAC.