[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

FYI, in the latest PC Gamer magazine, there's a review of KSP and in a side bar for mods, Kerbal Alarm Clock is mentioned, along with a couple others that I forget right now (B7 was there I think - bad memory lol).

Just thought that was pretty cool. Don't know if there's an online version or not.

@TriggerAu

Hey, I was just looking through the folders for this mod, and I noticed all the icons, textures, and flags were in PNG format.

It is possible to convert them to DDS format, just like all the part textures? Or does that only work for parts?

If so, do you think you could push a version with DDS images for the next update? (to improve game performance)

Regards,

Northstar

Edited by Northstar1989

Hope you didn't spend too much time testing 1.0.3 looks like 1.0.4 is already out lol

None testing KAC, but time spent on testing 1.0.3 and the fix in 1.0.4 - is part of being a tester :)

So can we run alarms at our own risk or does it need to be updated before we can use it?

Shouldnt be any issues using KAC in 1.0.4 as none of the changes affect the objects used by KAC

@TriggerAu

Hey, I was just looking through the folders for this mod, and I noticed all the icons, textures, and flags were in PNG format.

It is possible to convert them to DDS format, just like all the part textures? Or does that only work for parts?

If so, do you think you could push a version with DDS images for the next update? (to improve game performance)

Regards,

Northstar

I can have a look at it, need to finish the changes I'm working on first though

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, in the latest PC Gamer magazine, there's a review of KSP and in a side bar for mods, Kerbal Alarm Clock is mentioned, along with a couple others that I forget right now (B7 was there I think - bad memory lol).

Just thought that was pretty cool. Don't know if there's an online version or not.

Thanks D_B, that is pretty cool yeah

None testing KAC, but time spent on testing 1.0.3 and the fix in 1.0.4 - is part of being a tester :)

Shouldnt be any issues using KAC in 1.0.4 as none of the changes affect the objects used by KAC

I can have a look at it, need to finish the changes I'm working on first though

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks D_B, that is pretty cool yeah

I had a NullReferenceException thrown by KAC in 1.0.3

I'll give it another shot though in 1.0.4

Hi,

Is there any way to remove the warp to AP/PE/AN/DN buttons? They are sometimes useful, but I keep accidentally clicking them when planning maneuvers and end up warping far ahead of where I want to be.

Yup, in the settings menu.

So this turned out to be a few more things then I thought I could get in - and probably the reason for the time it took. The biggest additions are - Sounds, VOID integration, and a change to the Alarm Actions layout.

v3.4.0.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

• Added Audio to Alarms - ie play a sound when an alarm fires (Issue #4)
  • Added repeat option to Ap/PE alarms (Issue #128)
  • Added an action for only showing a message if the associated vessel is not the active one (Issue #125)
  • Added "Create All Transfers" option for transfer alarms so you can create all windows from a planet (Issue #123)
  • Added "Select Vessel" option for TS so you can highlight the vessel when an alarm fires (Issue #100)
  • Added VOID wrapper to do burntime from it as well (Issue #138)
  • Redesigned the Alarm Actions to allow many more combinations of actions (Issue #146)
  • Change WarpTo Display so buttons hidden if any Manuever Gizmo is active (Issue #148)
  • Fixed Issue with incorrect time formatting on Model Transfers (Issue #149)
  • Fixed issue where autoManNode Alarms weren't calculating/updating burntime (Issue #139)
  • Extra checking to SetCurrentFlightStates to prevent NRE (Issue #147)
  • Extra checking to isEditorVAB to prevent NRE (Issue #142)
  • Reworked selection code in TS

To configure the sounds there is an Audio Tab in the settings, and you can upload your own wav files into the sounds folder. I'll update the manual pages and the API wrapper this weekend

The new release will no longer delete standard timers added due to warps. If I warp to apoapse or peripase or indeed any node (SOI, DN, AN etc.) Kerbal Alarm Clock will add an alarm that will never get deleted once the warp is finished. Eventually this will lead to the window being chock full of old alarms that have expired a long time ago

The new release will no longer delete standard timers added due to warps. If I warp to apoapse or peripase or indeed any node (SOI, DN, AN etc.) Kerbal Alarm Clock will add an alarm that will never get deleted once the warp is finished. Eventually this will lead to the window being chock full of old alarms that have expired a long time ago

Can you delete them Manually and its just that they dont delete automagically? or they dont go away at all?

I can delete them manually. They just don't automagically (love that word btw.) delete themselves. It's more of a nuisance but I use that feature a lot and at some point deleting a double digit number of expired timers is getting a bit bothersome.

I had a problem with the alarms not auto deleting, if you have them set in the "all default alarms" section to remove it doesn't delete. However if you go into each type of alarm and set it to delete it works.

Will look at that one this afternoon - been away with my kids for a few days :)

oh, and Automagically, first used in the 1940's, is fascinating to see how it used to be used in things like ladies sewing magazines, etc, and then us nerds owned it for computing.

I invented this word.

Is good to see someone as old as Starwaster still getting into the Computer Box thingy :)

• 2 weeks later...
I invented this word.

Have you tried checking options? I think that behavior is configurable isn't it?

I'm also having this issue. It sounds like something that would be in options but I can't make heads or tails of the options. There's a trashcan icon along with the pause, message, etc. options for alarms but no tooltips means I have no idea what it's supposed to do. In either setting I get the same build up of old alarms.

Love the app, but how to hide/get rid of the small double-arrows that show up in map view next to the apoapsis and periapsis? Is there a way to disable them?

It's buried in options. Go into options and go to each tab, and everything that looks like a label, click it. Some of those are dropdown lists. Look through all of those. You're looking for "Warp to" options.

Hello, it is planned a RSS version? Very hard to manage interplanetary travels without this awesome mod :)

TY.

The Transfer Window Planner mod in my Sig will do this for you - and create KAC Alarms, I would like to generate modelled data for a bunch of the modified systems and incorporate into KAC directly, but swamped for time at the moment

Latest KER version has time to atmosphere encounter readout. Can you add option to set alarm for this?

You can do this using the Target Distance alarm type - http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/manual.html#Specific-Distance - and the Edge of atmos button