[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

With KSP 1.1.2 and KAC 3.7.1.0 (the version now installed by CKAN for KSP 1.1.2), I get this log repeatedly, and the broken window others have reported:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.
  at KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

CKAN config problem? Looks like different versions are needed for 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. (I'd upgrade, but I'm working on E.V.E.).

3.7.0.0 has same problem. 3.6.3.0 seems to work fine.

Edited by Waz

I searched but did not find anything.

I am still on 1.1.2 and when I installed kerbal alarm clock exception detector goes insane!  It says kerbal alram clock is throwing thousands of exceptions per second.  Has anyone come across this?

14 hours ago, ctbram said:

I searched but did not find anything.

I am still on 1.1.2 and when I installed kerbal alarm clock exception detector goes insane!  It says kerbal alram clock is throwing thousands of exceptions per second.  Has anyone come across this?

What version of KAC are you running?

7 minutes ago, ctbram said:

version 3.7.1.0 and running ksp 1.1.2.1260 x64

I'd suggest you try KAC 3.6.3.0, since that was the last version released for KSP 1.1.2

KAC 3.7.1.0 is for KSP 1.1.3

Edited by Gryphon

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2016 at 7:35 AM, Mapoko said:

Hello. Is there a way to remove the >> "warp to AP/PE etc" ?

I am having the same issue. With the WarpTo buttons, it keeps warping to AP/PE and messing up my maneuvers. The "Hide all WarpTo's when Node Gizmo is shown" doesn't seem to be working.

Edited by DrPastah

It looks to me like KAC is not playing nice with Extraplanetary Launchpads.  I have one item under construction, due to complete in 15 days.  Whenever I do a scene change, all the times for KAC are briefly set to zero, triggering the message window to say the build is done.  A few moments later the correct times show up on KAC and the message window disappears.  Here's the problem: that spurious message window doesn't completely go away.  It is no longer visible, but left-clicking in that area becomes impossible; buttons disappear on popup menus in flight mode, can't click on ships in that area in map mode, can't use arrow keys if the cursor is in that area in the SPH, can't click on mission control at KSC unless I change my view so it is no longer in that area.  I'll dig through the source code to see if I can spot a potential fix - I think I have a pretty good idea what to look for.

Been trying to move the clock icon to custom locations in each scene.  Position settings will stay until I move to another scene, then they all reset to the defaults.   Am I missing a step to keep them in their custom positions, or is it bugged? 

Oh I forgot to mention this is for the 'basic' button positioning - no Blizzy or Stock toolbar button.

Edited by Sarxis

• 2 weeks later...

I think others have reported similar problems to mine, but I didn't use CKAN to install KAC.

I'm running 1.1.2.1260 on Linux, KSP.x86_64

I currently have these mods installed:

• KAC 3.7.1.0
  • KER 1.1.1.0

Nothing happens if I click anywhere on the KAC window.

kac_bug.png

My Player.log is getting flooded with this message:

at KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Edited by saskwach

Feature request: 'Resource full'/'Resource depleted'.

It sometimes takes three years to refuel a craft using the small ISRU and drills. Would be nice to get the notification.

I realize it may be harder than normal as the rate is not entirely deterministic, especially with nights, or asteroid running out of ore or such but determining the fuel/oxidizer/ore is filled up, or emptied (drop tanks of a craft running on fuel cells? Orbital ISRU with ore runner lander?) and generating an alarm then should be doable, even without a time estimate. (can be generalized to [resource] reaches [percent]).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2016 at 9:32 AM, Sharpy said:

Feature request: 'Resource full'/'Resource depleted'.

It sometimes takes three years to refuel a craft using the small ISRU and drills. Would be nice to get the notification.

I realize it may be harder than normal as the rate is not entirely deterministic, especially with nights, or asteroid running out of ore or such but determining the fuel/oxidizer/ore is filled up, or emptied (drop tanks of a craft running on fuel cells? Orbital ISRU with ore runner lander?) and generating an alarm then should be doable, even without a time estimate. (can be generalized to [resource] reaches [percent]).

TriggerAu's excellent Alternate Resource Panel can show you "time till empty/full" (depending on whether the tank is emptying or filling).

It would be nice to one-click make an alarm for that, but I just do it manually now based on Alternate Resource Panel's time estimate.

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@TriggerAu

Got an idea for a fairly simple addition to KAC:  Add the ability to have an automatic alarm, where it will not let you hyperwarp past a maneuver node of the active vessel.

KAC will automatically create alarms for maneuver nodes, if you enable that option: http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/manual.html#Settings-Specific-ManNode

Edited by hab136

2 hours ago, hab136 said:

TriggerAu's excellent Alternate Resource Panel can show you "time till empty/full" (depending on whether the tank is emptying or filling).

It would be nice to one-click make an alarm for that, but I just do it manually now based on Alternate Resource Panel's time estimate.

KAC will automatically create alarms for maneuver nodes, if you enable that option: http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/manual.html#Settings-Specific-ManNode

Very close, and would probably work.  It would have alarms for everything, i was thinking of an automatic alarm for the active vessel only.

But, as I said, no need to do anything, this is better than what I suggested.  Thanks

I can't believe I wrote that drivel above.  I must have had a brain fart!

This is PERFECT, thank you!!!!!

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 8/6/2016 at 2:12 PM, edrobotguy said:

It looks to me like KAC is not playing nice with Extraplanetary Launchpads.  I have one item under construction, due to complete in 15 days.  Whenever I do a scene change, all the times for KAC are briefly set to zero, triggering the message window to say the build is done.  A few moments later the correct times show up on KAC and the message window disappears.  Here's the problem: that spurious message window doesn't completely go away.  It is no longer visible, but left-clicking in that area becomes impossible; buttons disappear on popup menus in flight mode, can't click on ships in that area in map mode, can't use arrow keys if the cursor is in that area in the SPH, can't click on mission control at KSC unless I change my view so it is no longer in that area.  I'll dig through the source code to see if I can spot a potential fix - I think I have a pretty good idea what to look for.

It turns out I didn't have to dig through the code; I found an in-game solution.  In a case like I outlined above, the build time will show up on KAC in gray instead of white.  Simply open up the UI for the EL pad, then bring up KAC and click the red X on the gray time.  KAC will immediately bring up a new countdown, this time in white, and the spurious message window never appears after that.

Welp, I don't see anything about it on the GitHub page or in this thread, sooo...

Has anyone been trying their luck running KAC in the KSP 1.2 prerelease?
And is TriggerAu working on a 1.2 version?

Also, am I an idiot who didn't notice KAC being integrated into the stock game (I checked, but there's all these new buttons and stuff so I might have missed it)?

3 hours ago, parameciumkid said:

Welp, I don't see anything about it on the GitHub page or in this thread, sooo...

Has anyone been trying their luck running KAC in the KSP 1.2 prerelease?
And is TriggerAu working on a 1.2 version?

Also, am I an idiot who didn't notice KAC being integrated into the stock game (I checked, but there's all these new buttons and stuff so I might have missed it)?

KAC will need some work before it's ready for 1.2. I'm pretty sure TriggerAu is working on the stock game and so very busy right now. I would guess KAC won't get much attention until stock is released and stable.

5 minutes ago, Mitchz95 said:

How exactly are the transfer windows calculated? I want to try Half-Size RSS in the next update but I'm not sure if this will be compatible.

I personally suggest you use - assuming it gets updated - the Transfer Window Planner instead of KAC's transfer windows. TWP has great KAC integration, literally one click sets an alarm with all the info for the transfer right there.

• 2 weeks later...

I am really needing this one mod because I am in KSP 1.2 Pre-release and I want to go to Duna, but I don't want to miss the launch window. I have the vehicle in orbit of Kerbin, and I want it to get to Duna at the right time. Currently, I am gonna go to Eve. I am also training myself for things, like Rendezvous and Docking. I REALLY need this updated... Thank you for your time reading this! 

Sincerely

-Scaprod 

On 9/28/2016 at 6:37 PM, Scaprod said:

I am really needing this one mod because I am in KSP 1.2 Pre-release and I want to go to Duna, but I don't want to miss the launch window. I have the vehicle in orbit of Kerbin, and I want it to get to Duna at the right time. Currently, I am gonna go to Eve. I am also training myself for things, like Rendezvous and Docking. I REALLY need this updated... Thank you for your time reading this!  

There's also this guide