[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

46 minutes ago, Tazmaniak said:

Hi,

Set Active Vessel is not working in tracking station.

Thanks Tazmaniak, I have a fix for that ready, just trying to work this crash issue some more, but its doing my head in

1 hour ago, matteeeo said:

What's the most accurate mode for the planetary transfer? Formula or Model?

Model is more accurate

On 10/16/2016 at 2:27 PM, TriggerAu said:

K, Ive replicated the crash on Jump stuff - happens for me when the vessel you are jumping to is currently unloaded (eg a fair way away) and you are jumping from flight mode. Ive tried all the methods I can think of and havent yet found the root cause, but still plugging away

I'm having the same issue but unfortunately I'm unable to copy my save file to this forum for some reason..  Running a stock copy with only KAC.

Dropbox link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mb4so4dtg9l1b2j/AADy6615nch5weLr8wmN_W8Ra?dl=0

Waster

Hi, I an having a bit of a hard time getting KAC to work in 1.2. I am using a save file from 1.1. However, in the debug menu it says "Error: cannot find a module of the typename KerbalAlarmClock Scenario" followed by "Error: ScenarioModule is null."

The KAC icon does not show up at all, even in fresh saves.

(It might be worthy to note that I have HyperEdit installed)

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Hi, I an having a bit of a hard time getting KAC to work in 1.2. I am using a save file from 1.1. However, in the debug menu it says "Error: cannot find a module of the typename KerbalAlarmClock Scenario" followed by "Error: ScenarioModule is null."

The KAC icon does not show up at all, even in fresh saves.

(It might be worthy to note that I have HyperEdit installed)

Does it work if you try a clean save? And can you provide the log file, etc

On 17/10/2016 at 6:27 AM, TriggerAu said:

Ive replicated the crash on Jump stuff - happens for me when the vessel you are jumping to is currently unloaded (eg a fair way away) and you are jumping from flight mode.

Is that every time? I just tried it in Linux with no problems (just the once, though).

15 hours ago, taniwha said:

Is that every time? I just tried it in Linux with no problems (just the once, though).

Was doing it for me every time yeah, just had a kerbal X on the launchpad, an aeries 3A 30km to the west, set an alarm on that and then try and jump to t from the KerbalX

6 hours ago, radonek said:

3.8.0.0 is working nice for me, but I have one older bug to report - alarms list wont fit into window and always show scrollbar. Minimized mode is ok. Here is a shot screen of three alarms.

6V4vvQZ.png

Yeah that dont look right, coulda swore I fixed that one, but the font does look a little off to me. What OS are you on?

I got a lot of jump crashes when i had the pre-pre-release version (the one released when th game was in pre) of KER installed. With the current pre-release of KER it seems a while lot better.

Not 100% sure if it's KER related but it might be something to keep an eye on.

Edited by Kerbart

yeah, I can make it happen with just KAC in there so its something to do with teh call to Set the active vessel and what happens after that, I can se it try and change from Flight mode to the next vessel then it drops, but no logging that I can see of use :( is very sad

1 minute ago, TriggerAu said:

Yeah that dont look right, coulda swore I fixed that one, but the font does look a little off to me. What OS are you on?

Linux xenon 4.4.6-gentoo #4 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jul 10 01:24:36 CEST 2016 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

I will look into changing system font, just to see what happens.

1 minute ago, radonek said:

Linux xenon 4.4.6-gentoo #4 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jul 10 01:24:36 CEST 2016 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

I will look into changing system font, just to see what happens.

The font used by the game (or attempted to be used ) is Calibri , check if you have that one installed. If not that could be the cause, just setting up a modded copy here for some other stuff and will check that as well

7 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Was doing it for me every time yeah, just had a kerbal X on the launchpad, an aeries 3A 30km to the west, set an alarm on that and then try and jump to t from the KerbalX

Ah, possibly something specific to landed vessels. I did my test with orbiting vessels.

While using my mod WarpEverywhere, I noticed that KAC alarms consistently slowed ships down too slowly when traveling 10x KSP's maximum warp. I'd frequently miss a window by several KSP days (12+ hours). I didn't try it, but I suspect that 100x (which is 1 year every second) would be even worse.

I understand that every mod can't take into account what every other mod does, but would it be possible to extend the slowdown parameters in KAC, to notice when time warp is significantly faster than the stock limits?

Edited by 5thHorseman

Quick question, if I wanted to update to Hyperedit Kerbal Alarm Clock (heh), but keep my old alarms, How would I do that without bugging everything and destroying the universe? All the best!

Edited by DMSP

20 minutes ago, DMSP said:

Quick question, if I wanted to update to Hyperedit, but keep my old alarms, How would I do that without bugging everything and destroying the universe? All the best!

this makes no sense. How would updating to Hyperedit destroy your alarms? Did you mean install Hyperedit? It's not an upgrade through KAC or anything like that

Just now, Drew Kerman said:

this makes no sense. How would updating to Hyperedit destroy your alarms? Did you mean install Hyperedit? It's not an upgrade through KAC or anything like that

Woops! I meant Kerbal Alarm Clock. Sorry!

2 minutes ago, DMSP said:

Woops! I meant Kerbal Alarm Clock. Sorry!

there have been no breaking changes noted by Trigger. so just update. Oh, I guess you may not know where the alarms are stored. They are in the game's save file, so you can just delete the KAC directory and install the new version without worrying about deleting your alarms

Just now, Drew Kerman said:

there have been no breaking changes noted by Trigger. so just update. Oh, I guess you may not know where the alarms are stored. They are in the game's save file, so you can just delete the KAC directory and install the new version without worrying about deleting your alarms

Ah, ok, Thank you!