[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

9 minutes ago, DrScarlett said:

Hi TriggerAu,

I have been experiencing a crash which I suspect is related to Kerbal Alarm Clock. Can you check out this forum support request thread that I posted?

Regards, Dr. Scarlett

Jump to ship causing a crash is a known issue and TriggerAU is working on a fix. 

Edited by Tarheel1999

v3.8.1.0 is now out

Available via the usual methods, and here's whats been done:

• Fixed Initialization issue with object line renderer;
  • Fixed SetVessel working in TS;
  • Fixed crash occuring when switching in flight to unloaded vessel;
  • Fixed warp reduction not cancelling autowarp;

The crash was occuring due to the call o change vessel occuring during the older GUI style coding (Thanks much to @Padishar for sharing that thought)

Hi,

I happened to be scanning my logs for an error and stumbled across nullrefs being generated by KAC. Maybe these are useful for the Dev? btw it's always the same error, as shown below.

Logs included:  KSP and output

[EXC 23:36:14.087] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.HandleKeyStrokes ()
	KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.Update ()

Edited by Jimbodiah

1 hour ago, Jimbodiah said:

Hi,

I happened to be scanning my logs for an error and stumbled across nullrefs being generated by KAC. Maybe these are useful for the Dev? btw it's always the same error, as shown below.

[EXC 23:36:14.087] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Can confirm, it happens when i use the symmetry key "X" in the VAB

Edited by dtoxic

Hello, I have 1.1.3 version of KSP and the version of KAC who goes with it... something is wrong in transfer alarms i.e. I'm getting wrong phased angle... according to the web based charts and calculators of delta V and phased angles for example Dres phased angle should be 82.06 but KAC gives me 60-something in model mode? In combination with TWP set to same date as KAC suggested again I'm getting discrepancy in few days to a launch... I did launch a probe using this method to Eve and I did have successful encounter (now I'm waiting, for another transfer window to get back)... but who's right, and who's wrong...? 

Edit: Forget it... my mistake, I haven't collapsed the menu... only then you can see "target phased angle"... the difference is small... according to web ideal Eve to Kerbin is 31-something in my case KAC calculates 35 - something ... maybe a suggestion for a better menu... an one where you can see "target phased angle" immediately?

Edited by NeverEnoughFuel!!

10 hours ago, NeverEnoughFuel!! said:

Hello, I have 1.1.3 version of KSP and the version of KAC who goes with it... something is wrong in transfer alarms i.e. I'm getting wrong phased angle... according to the web based charts and calculators of delta V and phased angles for example Dres phased angle should be 82.06 but KAC gives me 60-something in model mode? In combination with TWP set to same date as KAC suggested again I'm getting discrepancy in few days to a launch... I did launch a probe using this method to Eve and I did have successful encounter (now I'm waiting, for another transfer window to get back)... but who's right, and who's wrong...? 

Edit: Forget it... my mistake, I haven't collapsed the menu... only then you can see "target phased angle"... the difference is small... according to web ideal Eve to Kerbin is 31-something in my case KAC calculates 35 - something ... maybe a suggestion for a better menu... an one where you can see "target phased angle" immediately?

Well.... KAC never was perfect at transfer windows, but always better than nothing. If you want something better look at one of the more specialized alternatives like transfer windows planner, which integrates perfectly with KAC.

Kerbal Alarm Clock adds tiny "fast forward" arrows to maneuver nodes in map mode, to warp to maneuver. For me, they are far more of a liability than help, because they are far more likely to be clicked accidentally than intentionally. There was some way of disabling them, but for the life of me I can't find it...

5 hours ago, Sharpy said:

Kerbal Alarm Clock adds tiny "fast forward" arrows to maneuver nodes in map mode, to warp to maneuver. For me, they are far more of a liability than help, because they are far more likely to be clicked accidentally than intentionally. There was some way of disabling them, but for the life of me I can't find it...

I'm not sure if there was ever a way to disable them, but I do recall a setting that lets you change the behavior to a dbl-click to prevent accidental warping

41 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

I'm not sure if there was ever a way to disable them, but I do recall a setting that lets you change the behavior to a dbl-click to prevent accidental warping

There is - I had that problem this morning and had to go digging for the setting.  It's on one of the settings pages (I think the name has "warp" in it, but I don't remember).

EDIT: This is post 9000 for me. Every post after this one will be OVER NINE THOUSAND! (Thanks @monstah for pointing that one out)

6 hours ago, Sharpy said:

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

35 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

There is - I had that problem this morning and had to go digging for the setting.  It's on one of the settings pages (I think the name has "warp" in it, but I don't remember).

I guess it's time to roll this old pic out again :)

kac_warpto.jpg

Edited by 5thHorseman

On 29/10/2016 at 1:45 AM, Jimbodiah said:

Hi,

just made a chekup of my game data folder to find the mod causing this and the surprise was real to seen it's actually KAC... usually happens to me when puting something on radial attachement or by mutliply the parts put on some bi-tri-quad-adapters on the VAB, didin't seen this occur in SPH;

the most stressfull is that every part put after this error occure for the first time will generate the error again and again :huh:

On 29/10/2016 at 11:01 PM, JPLRepo said:

gj !

On 03/11/2016 at 5:09 AM, kBob said:

I was happy I got to give you your 2000th like :).  If any mod should be stock, this is it.

clearly KAC and KER are the most have in this game, it's like recount on wow nobody plays without it :P

cheers @TriggerAu

Has anyone else noticed any Garbage Collection Issues while the KAC window is open? I've noticed that my Garbage collection stutters are around 5-6 seconds apart but i can reliably increase that to every 2 seconds when the KAC window is opened.

Hi, I am using version 3.8.1.0 on KSP 1.2.1 and I am having a problem with the autogenerated alarms for maneuver node alarms.

I am using the option to have them autogenerated, along with the option to use the half burn time from KER. The alarms are generated, but about 50% of the time the alarm generated is greyed out and fails to fire when it becomes due. If I notice and delete the alarm it is immediately replaced with an active alarm.

E.g. I have a probe in orbit of the mun, I created a node in 58 minutes to adjust its orbit, and the alarm came up for it disabled. I deleted that alarm and nw I have an enabled one.

Under what circumstances will KAC create disabled maneuver node alarms?

On 11/16/2016 at 3:47 PM, Warezcrawler said:

Have I been missing something or was the fix never actually published? Maybe I have just missed the download somewhere, so if I have I just really want to know. :)

Doesn't look like it. 

Does anyone know how I can compile this. I am wondering if this is causing issues with Editor Extensions Redux?

On 16/11/2016 at 8:47 PM, Warezcrawler said:

Have I been missing something or was the fix never actually published? Maybe I have just missed the download somewhere, so if I have I just really want to know. :)

KAC ia a good idea that has become so bloated with unneeded alarms it is now harder to maintain.

It has been throwing exceptions on my computer every time I 'gave it another go'

Now someone want to add sunrise... It will probably be added too... added to the bloatiness. It will definitely be added before KAC runs without throwing exceptions .

All I want is something to remind me about interplanetary nodes. Nothing more.

Someone on here asked how to turn off the warp-to buttons. I ask why does it even exist? It is really so hard to use KSP's warp-here gizmo?