TriggerAu

[1.7.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.11.0.0 (Sep 1)

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Friznit said:

It works fine in all 1.7.x versions

Well it works. But I'm pretty sure some buttons don't like to be pressed anymore :D. Though that might've been due to the UI scaling thing.. (couldn't get it to go back to the toolbar after checking stuff out even though I could navigate the minefield that was the scaled alarm drop-down succesfully).

Your mileage may vary :)

Edited by Jognt

I'm about 200 hours into the game, and for the majority of that time have had virtually no unreasonable lag with the game on my PC.  However, over the last month or so (it maybe started after buying both expansions?) I've been getting extremely bad lag - transitions between ships / the space center took sometimes more than a minute to load, loading a ship after clicking "launch" from the VAB can pause for more than a minute, and the game itself would sometimes get unplayably laggy (even causing UI glitches) while working with ships in space. 

I have very few mods installed (Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.6.0, Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.10.0.0, and TriggerAU Flags 2.9.3.0; all installed via CKAN), but found a couple of old Reddit posts talking about lag and they mentioned that their only mods were with KER / KAC.

So I uninstalled KAC, and the lag went away entirely.  Reinstalled KAC, and after not much gameplay the lag was back (though not as bad).   Investigated logs, and sure enough: the pauses were occurring when KerbalAlarmClock is logging events.  See timestamp LOG 00:22:04.213 in this log, where the game pauses for more than a minute and a half between these two items:

[LOG 00:22:04.213] 7/16/2019 12:22:04 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Initializing EjectAngle Render
[LOG 00:23:45.480] 7/16/2019 12:23:45 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag

Any thoughts on things I could do or check?   I can't play the game without KAC  ;.;

6 hours ago, Quinquemaculata said:

I'm about 200 hours into the game, and for the majority of that time have had virtually no unreasonable lag with the game on my PC.  However, over the last month or so (it maybe started after buying both expansions?) I've been getting extremely bad lag - transitions between ships / the space center took sometimes more than a minute to load, loading a ship after clicking "launch" from the VAB can pause for more than a minute, and the game itself would sometimes get unplayably laggy (even causing UI glitches) while working with ships in space. 

I have very few mods installed (Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.6.0, Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.10.0.0, and TriggerAU Flags 2.9.3.0; all installed via CKAN), but found a couple of old Reddit posts talking about lag and they mentioned that their only mods were with KER / KAC.

So I uninstalled KAC, and the lag went away entirely.  Reinstalled KAC, and after not much gameplay the lag was back (though not as bad).   Investigated logs, and sure enough: the pauses were occurring when KerbalAlarmClock is logging events.  See timestamp LOG 00:22:04.213 in this log, where the game pauses for more than a minute and a half between these two items:

Any thoughts on things I could do or check?   I can't play the game without KAC  ;.;

Since it says "Active vessel unreadable" I'm wondering whether something snuck into your savefile that shouldn't have. I have no knowledge about the ins and outs of KAC except that I have not seen this type of behavior locally. Maybe worth a try to load your persistent save, then ALT+F5 to create a new named save, ALT+F9 to load that named save, and then doing another regular save over your persistent.sfs file? Make a backup of the persistent.sfs file just in case.

ps: Holy deployed-science batman that's a lot of log spam :o

Hi, I installed the new version and now the font size is very large. How can I scale this down?

On 7/20/2019 at 10:18 AM, Xd the great said:

Any plans for update to 1.7? Or is this mod dead? (Not pressing for updates, take your time.)

Im working on it today

Ooooo - feature request - double click title bar to window shade it. :) just thought I'd ask!

thank you for this indispensable and wondrous mod!

8 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Im working on it today

Are there issues that havnt killed any of my kerbals yet? Worked fine for me so far.

New version recompiled against 1.7.x with various fixes from helpful community peeps is now available

• Recompiled for 1.7.3 (Issue #225)
  • Dont report missing vessel if there isnt one (Issue #222)  - Thanks ReeseGlidden
  • Fix Drop-dows and scaling (Issue #228) - Thanks Kerbas-Ad-Astra
  • update some urls/uris (Issue #229) - thanks zatricky and neilser

Download from GitHub or Download from Curse or Download from SpaceDock

19 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Fix Drop-dows and scaling (Issue #228)

Woohoo! Thank you. :)

@TriggerAu: thank you for the update!

Any chance we can see something like KAC, even simplified, for example just for maneuver nodes and SOI, in KSP 1.8 ?

Playing career without KAC is almost impossible for me when I have more than two ships flying around.