[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Does the new one fix this bug?

Every time I EVA on a hyperbolic orbit, it calculates my kerbal's SOI change (I have it set to automatically stop time warp).

http://i.imgur.com/TUok6mh.png

Also, is there a way to automatically remove alarms where the 'VesselID no longer exists'?

I added an option in 2.6.3.0 to the "Specifics-1" section of the settings for not creating SOI alarms for EVA kerbals, I tested it all OK back then, but my testing could have holes - you can see the option below (its the 3rd toggle). Have a look in there and let me know how you go

Settings_Types.png

For autoremoving alamrs based on vesselID, I can add that to the work list for v3

I should note that I'm using this with the version not released today since this was last night, but I also didn't see a specific bug report on this issue. I don't know if the recompile fixes this issue or not (I guess I'll find out tonight). However, when I used Kerbal Alarm Clock in the tracking station, it totally did not stop the alarm:

http://www.twitch.tv/fleetadmiralj/c/3997321

v2.7.1.0 [0.23.5] Does not kill time warp or pause when timewarping from the (new) KSC or Tracking Station timewarps.

The alarm message says, "Alarm paused game but has been unpaused."

Steps to duplicate:

1) Start a new sandbox

2) Drop a command pod on the launch pad

3) Set an alarm with Pause Game selected (kerbin->moho transfer window is a good one at 8 days out)

4) Return to the space center

5) Accelerate time to the maximum

Edited by Tergiver

... However, when I used Kerbal Alarm Clock in the tracking station, it totally did not stop the alarm:
v2.7.1.0 [0.23.5] Does not kill time warp or pause when timewarping from the (new) KSC or Tracking Station timewarps...

That is correct, I recompiled it and fixed the time display with the new version, but didnt change the functionality. Was gonna leave that for v3, but the more I think about it the more I should tweak this now. Will have a look today at that.

http://s16.postimg.org/y83hd4v29/Untitled.jpg

Am I the only one having this problem? Upgraded to new version by clean mod install =\

Update: seems to be happening in scenario mode, carreer works ok.

I have seen this once before and assuming its what I saw before there is a fix in v3, will bring that code back to this branch as well.

Thanks for the info :)

I just noticed that all my alarms have changed for both SOI changes for ships in flight and for Transfer windows. They've gone up by at least a year. Has my save changed or is this some kind of bug?

I just noticed that all my alarms have changed for both SOI changes for ships in flight and for Transfer windows. They've gone up by at least a year. Has my save changed or is this some kind of bug?

There are two different clocks now, Earth time and Kerbal time.

The Alarms UT should not have changed (and they are stored separately to the save currently) but the displayed time may have changed like BigD said.

In 0.23.5 a Kerbin time was introduced of 425 days of 6 hours each per year (to match the planets orbit/rotation). What you might be seeing is simply that change. Best bet is to check on the flight plan when the SOI is and compare to the displayed time in KAC - they all matched OK for me in my testing.

Oh, and you can go back to 365x24hr days in the settings if you want, but the new one does sort of make more sense IMO.

The Alarms UT should not have changed (and they are stored separately to the save currently) but the displayed time may have changed like BigD said.

In 0.23.5 a Kerbin time was introduced of 425 days of 6 hours each per year (to match the planets orbit/rotation). What you might be seeing is simply that change. Best bet is to check on the flight plan when the SOI is and compare to the displayed time in KAC - they all matched OK for me in my testing.

Oh, and you can go back to 365x24hr days in the settings if you want, but the new one does sort of make more sense IMO.

That doesn't explain how I had a transfer window to Duna in "17 days" (whatever clock that was), and now the transfer window is in 272 days.

My two manned missions now don't have enough food to even arrive when they had enough for a round trip before. Something borked up my save...

That doesn't explain how I had a transfer window to Duna in "17 days" (whatever clock that was), and now the transfer window is in 272 days.

My two manned missions now don't have enough food to even arrive when they had enough for a round trip before. Something borked up my save...

I'll respond to you again in case you miss it elsewhere. In both that figure of 17 days, and the second figure of 272 days, there are the same number of seconds; but the minutes, hours and days are being measured differently. However, the point in time that the manouver node occurs, the point in time that the Alarm fires, and the point in time that the TAc supplies run out has not changed. Those are all measured in seconds, and the number of seconds has not changed.

If you want to make it so that they're both showing the same clock, change your time settings in General Settings from Kerbin days to Earth days.

I'll respond to you again in case you miss it elsewhere. In both that figure of 17 days, and the second figure of 272 days, there are the same number of seconds; but the minutes, hours and days are being measured differently. However, the point in time that the manouver node occurs, the point in time that the Alarm fires, and the point in time that the TAc supplies run out has not changed. Those are all measured in seconds, and the number of seconds has not changed.

If you want to make it so that they're both showing the same clock, change your time settings in General Settings from Kerbin days to Earth days.

Is that because the TAC figure is still in Earth Days, not the new Kerbin Days?

Just read through TaranisElsu's stuff on Tac and GavinZac's comments and I'm 99% certain that GavinZac has it covered (the 1% is because I dont know enough about TE's code).

Here TaranisElsu talks about the consumption issue now that 4 days pass instead of 1 like before - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/40667-0-23-0-23-5-WIP-TAC-Life-Support-0-8-22Dec?p=1052384&viewfull=1#post1052384

But like GavinZac said, your best bet is probably to change back to Earth Time in the settings to assure yourself its all where it was before (as the save is not touched by KAC) and then we all have to get used to 6 hour days... and I need more time in a 24 hour day, how do these Kerbalnauts do it :)

I added an option in 2.6.3.0 to the "Specifics-1" section of the settings for not creating SOI alarms for EVA kerbals, I tested it all OK back then, but my testing could have holes - you can see the option below (its the 3rd toggle). Have a look in there and let me know how you go

https://sites.google.com/site/kerbalalarmclock/_/rsrc/1383883880981/images/Settings_Types.png

For autoremoving alamrs based on vesselID, I can add that to the work list for v3

Ah! Somehow I didn't see that option.. Silly me.. I'll give it a shot, thanks :) EDIT: works absolutely fine, panic over :)

Also, I need to know if this is a problem with KAC or the stock game with its new persistent nodes: Basically, I have two crafts heading for Minmus. I sent up the first, burnt for Minmus and added the inclination change halfway. No problems there. Then I launched a second craft to Minmus, did exactly the same thing, still no problems. KAC records the nodes correctly and as far as I know, is working fine, but when I switch to the first ship, it now thinks the OTHER ships node is one of it's own. I'm crap at explaining, so here's some pictures:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm pretty confident it's a problem with the stock game (KAC correctly shows just the two nodes, one per ship), but I wanted to confirm it here because I don't know if they'll accept this because my game's modded. If anyone has a stock version, could they try it out and confirm it please?

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

v2.7.2.0 Now on Spaceport - http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kerbal-alarm-clock-2/

Added a couple of other things:

• Adding Warp halting code to TS and SC - the clock now slows and stops in the two extra warpable scenes
  • Added extra code for guiload when texture loads fail - this should solve the issue Mystique saw

You can't add alarms in the SC or TS, was a bit too much code to bite off when that portion is likely to change a bit. Unless something else goes pear shaped I'll probably go back to v3 at this point and maintain this code

Have fun

I've discovered that KAC doesn't kill warp nor pause when you are in the space center warping at full speed with the new buttons.

Please, consider to fix it, it's the best way I know to wait for a transfer window when you are in low orbit.

Thank you!

I've discovered that KAC doesn't kill warp nor pause when you are in the space center warping at full speed with the new buttons.

Please, consider to fix it, it's the best way I know to wait for a transfer window when you are in low orbit.

Thank you!

Can you check you have v2.7.2.0? Thats exactly what I released last night in that version

i run into a problem that the icons are missing in both the UI and the toolbar.

is there a way to fix it?

First check you have the latest version - 2.7.2.0 for KSP 0.23.5 (or 0.2.7.0.0 for KSP 0.23). and check its installed as per the instructions

Next start KSP and see if you have the issue, if you do then check the debug log (called output_log.txt in the KSP_Data folder), search for KerbalAlarmClock and see if there are any errors about missing textures.

Let me know how you go

Found a small bug: the settings for automatic node alarm setting won't save.

It always defaults back to 3min for both.

Also isn't the node saving and restoring redundant now that KSP does that?

Man, I thought I tweaked that bug once and for all ;.; . Thanks BloodyRain2k, I'll check the code again

For the Nodes/Targets saving I'm not sure. The scenario I think of is if I create an alarm with the node in it, then fiddle the node I can then restore it back, but not sure if that's a sufficient enough need. Is certainly something I am thinking through though.

WRT node saving.. the stock game is kinda messed up.. I posted this in the bug section, but it doesn't appear to have had any notice. Basically, the stock game duplicates nodes sometimes, it's hard to reliably reproduce, but I encountered it while setting up a burn for Moho and then the inclination change later on - both nodes made bfore I started burning, went back to my craft in map view and now I have something like 4 nodes, with two being bugged duplicates.

ANYWAY, I say keep the node saving. I still need something to stop me overshooting the burn and it's nice to be able to see where all the burns for all vessels appear in time without switching back and forth. AFAIK, the stock game does neither. So yes, very much keep it.

The alarm clock button is overlapping the time warp control. When I press the clock button it starts a time warp. Is there a way I can move the button?

Thanks

If you're using the Toolbar mod with this, then move the Toolbar. If you're not (aside, does it still work without the Toolbar?) then which time control is it covering - the top left, the middle centre on the tracking screen, or the bottom of the screen at the Space Center?

If you're using the Toolbar mod with this, then move the Toolbar. If you're not (aside, does it still work without the Toolbar?) then which time control is it covering - the top left, the middle centre on the tracking screen, or the bottom of the screen at the Space Center?

Of course it works without the Toolbar as well, its all about options :wink:

The alarm clock button is overlapping the time warp control. When I press the clock button it starts a time warp. Is there a way I can move the button?

Thanks

GavinZac has the Toolbar option covered. If your not using it then you adjust the icon position using the Visibility settings. Screen shown below and a link to the Settings manual page here too:

Settings_Visibility.png

https://sites.google.com/site/kerbalalarmclock/settings

Hey,

I think the icon is not that what it supposed to be right? The whole toolbar is flickering when the icon of the KAC is in the toolbar. If I remove it from there, the toolbar works normal :? I use the latest version of KAC and the toolbar.

Link

What do I wrong?

Edited by Mirakuli