[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Before I pull the trigger (no pun intended) on V3 I need to know one thing. If the alarms are now saved in the KSP save file. If I decide to remove the mod for whatever reason will it effect the loading on my current games?

I'm just a little squeamish about a mod that alters my save files.

Just to confirm the alarms are stored in the persistent.sfs correct?

Before I pull the trigger (no pun intended) on V3 I need to know one thing. If the alarms are now saved in the KSP save file. If I decide to remove the mod for whatever reason will it effect the loading on my current games?

I understand and used to feel the same way, but in my year+ of using mods that modify the save file, I've had almost no issues. And the very few times I've had save file issues, they were not only NOT caused by KAC (though granted back then it didn't modify the files), but KAC's automatic backups got me a backup I was able to go to to fix the problem.

The way KAC saves to the persistent file is that it adds an extra section (using KSP provided hooks) for the mod into the file, so if there is no mod to read that section of the file then KSP just reads over it - removing KAC or similar will leave that extra text in the save, but should have no effect on the game itself. There are quite a few Mods that use this method (and in fact it is how the scenarios/tutorials work - and thus why we use it in mods).

5thHorseman's experience is pretty much the same as mine - I've not had a mod using the KSPScenarioModule cause any save file issues. Most issues I get come from game upgrades and part adjustments. That said I highly recommend backing up your save file at intervals, if lots of people are not comfortable with the new method I can look at alternatives, but it is really the way Squad are leading this function for Mods

PS. I like the Pun

The way KAC saves to the persistent file is that it adds an extra section (using KSP provided hooks) for the mod into the file, so if there is no mod to read that section of the file then KSP just reads over it - removing KAC or similar will leave that extra text in the save, but should have no effect on the game itself. There are quite a few Mods that use this method (and in fact it is how the scenarios/tutorials work - and thus why we use it in mods).

5thHorseman's experience is pretty much the same as mine - I've not had a mod using the KSPScenarioModule cause any save file issues. Most issues I get come from game upgrades and part adjustments. That said I highly recommend backing up your save file at intervals, if lots of people are not comfortable with the new method I can look at alternatives, but it is really the way Squad are leading this function for Mods

PS. I like the Pun

I played around with the new V3 of KAC, it is really nice, the quickadds a really comfortable.

I didn't look into the configs, but are the default times of the quickadds hardcoded?

Had no errors, exceptions or problems so far.

I played around with the new V3 of KAC, it is really nice, the quickadds a really comfortable.

I didn't look into the configs, but are the default times of the quickadds hardcoded?

Had no errors, exceptions or problems so far.

Glad you like it. :)

Most of the QuickAdd margins are configurable in the settings window under "specific alarms" - I'm working through the settings at the moment to make sure all the margins are in there and the text matches in the quickadd buttons. Oh, and explaining the QuickAdd and Warp functionality.

v3 Beta 7 is now available - https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/releases/tag/v3.0.0.7-beta

All of the previous goodness plus a couple of fixes:

• Fixed QuickAdd Issues with AP/PE Alarms
  • Fixed some API issues with events causing 0'd times and v2 KAC

And... Lastly added Contract Alarms with the below features

• Manual Add via Add Button
  • Auto Add Next Expiring Offer and/or Next Active Deadline
  • Auto Add All Expiring Offers and/or All Active Deadline
  • Option to Auto Close Contract Alarms once the contract does expire/pass its deadline

You access the auto stuff via the settings->specific Alarms->Contract Alarms and can set the margins, Autocreate and

Hi,

I'm trying KAC 3.0.0.7, and I found a bug :

If I turn on "Remove auto alarms if maneuver node removed" in the settings, all others alarms freeze.

If I turn it off, everything works fine.

(btw, there is a typo in "Select alarm type" list : "manuever" instead of "maneuver")

Hi,

If I turn on "Remove auto alarms if maneuver node removed" in the settings, all others alarms freeze.

(btw, there is a typo in "Select alarm type" list : "manuever" instead of "maneuver")

Thanks kitamoboz, will add those to the remaining list and get on to them

Thank you so very much :cool:

No Probs, always happy to add stuff that makes sense

My Kerbal alarm clock is making my game crash :/ idk how doe DX

I'm gonna need a little bit more info on this one to be able to help. Can you provide:

* What version of KAC, What version of KSP, What OS and Architecture - eg. KAC 3.0.0.7, KSP 0.25 Win x32

* If you remove KAC does the game run OK

* What you mean by Crash

* the output_log.txt debug file

Could you implement the option to NOT show the AlarmClock interface on scene load? Having to click it away every time I start a new rocket is a little bit annoying ^^

Yeah, thats certainly not right. It should remember the previous state. Is this in v3?

EDIT: If it is in v3 when using the AppLauncher button then I have found and fixed that - will be in the next version

Edited by TriggerAu
Fixed the issue?

Hi,

I'm having trouble replicating this one. Any chance you can pastebin a log file or simlar?

EDIT: Disregard that. I found it - working on it now

Edited by TriggerAu
Foudn it

v3 Beta 8 is now available - https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/releases/tag/v3.0.0.8-beta

All of the previous goodness plus a couple of fixes:

• Fixed window persistence across scenes (Issue #65)
  • Fixed Spelling mistakes for maneuver (Issue #64 )
  • Fixed freezing times when Autoremove man nodes option on (Issue #63)

Will be adding extra documentation to the web site for the extra features and then this might become the released version - unless someone finds more bugs :)

Hi:

I found a bug in 3.0.0.8, KSP 0.25 win32, with KAC as the only installed mod.

If you have the KAC window open it causes flicker of science window tooltips and the log gets spammed with:

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing RepaintAborting
at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ExperimentsResultDialog.drawDialog () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Callback:invoke_void__this__ ()

at RenderingManager.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

http://youtu.be/MpQRkJDQrzE

Twas the last thing to fix before the next release so was focused on nailing it.

Thanks for reporting it and shoot me any other feedback you find

No problem, reporting is part of a beta use, right? ;)

I just had an issue with contracts alarms, I was unable to delete it from the list.

I'll test it more tomorrow, and will tell you exactly what happens if the problem persists.

Hi:

I found a bug in 3.0.0.8, KSP 0.25 win32, with KAC as the only installed mod.

If you have the KAC window open it causes flicker of science window tooltips and the log gets spammed with:

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing RepaintAborting
at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ExperimentsResultDialog.drawDialog () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Callback:invoke_void__this__ ()

at RenderingManager.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

http://youtu.be/MpQRkJDQrzE

Just me saying that I have experienced that as well, at least in the previous v3 release. Will test to confirm in a bit.

EDIT:

2t3o.jpg

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Hi:

I found a bug in 3.0.0.8, KSP 0.25 win32, with KAC as the only installed mod....

Just me saying that I have experienced that as well, at least in the previous v3 release. Will test to confirm in a bit...

Thanks guys and much appreciate the video - now I know exactly what to look for

No problem, reporting is part of a beta use, right? ;)

I just had an issue with contracts alarms, I was unable to delete it from the list.

I'll test it more tomorrow, and will tell you exactly what happens if the problem persists.

For this one double check if in the settings any of the auto-create options are on, as if they are it will delete and immediately recreate an alarm

For this one double check if in the settings any of the auto-create options are on, as if they are it will delete and immediately recreate an alarm

Auto-create is on, but once the alarm is passed, if I want to delete it from the list, it come back again and again.

I'm not sure I'm very clear (english is not my first language :D ), so if you need, I can eventually make a video tomorrow.