[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

I was playing when KSP crashed and now Alarm Clock doesn't show up, also the Toolbar mod's toolbar no longer shows up either.

I took the opportunity to delete the old Alarm Clock version and install the new ver 3. Also well as deleting and reinstalling toolbar. Yet there is still nether is appearing in that or any of my current or previous campaigns.

I was playing when KSP crashed and now Alarm Clock doesn't show up, also the Toolbar mod's toolbar no longer shows up either.

I took the opportunity to delete the old Alarm Clock version and install the new ver 3. Also well as deleting and reinstalling toolbar. Yet there is still nether is appearing in that or any of my current or previous campaigns.

Are you able to pastebin a log and save where its not working - sounds like the install might be corrupted from first comment, but logs are always helpful

Are you able to pastebin a log and save where its not working - sounds like the install might be corrupted from first comment, but logs are always helpful

Sorry no log.

I recently added some mods, and when I do I make a backup of my gamedata folder just in case. Well I did some comparisons and found out the toolbar's settings file managed to somehow get cleared out, as it it was 0KB in size. I'm not sure if something similar happen to Alarm Clock. I just replaced the whole gamedata folder with my older one and reinstalled the mods I had recently added and everything is working fine now.

I suspect something similar happen with Alarm clock because right before the crash all of my alerts vanished. I reverted to launch and suddenly they were all gone, so i hit revert again and that's when it crashed. Given that two separate mods were effected I don't it was an issue with the mod itself but you are right there was some corruption to some files.

At least KSP saves Waypoints by default now. Just had to go to all my ships and re-add them since alert data was lost.

v3.0.2.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

Couple of things here:

• Fixed issue where Alarm list was persisting between saves (Issue #67)
  • Added extra logging and null checks re AppLauncher
  • Updated KACWrapper to handle Alarmtime properly and add repeat properties

Enjoy :)

Thanks for the nice plugin. Do you support x64. (Not trying to start a debate) Just considering using the API in my LifeSupport plugin and would like to know where you stand TriggerAU?

Thanks

Stavell

I'm quite happy for people to use it and have a go, and will do my best to help if theres issues. If someone does find a bug though I really need it reproducable in 32 bit to be able to test and work on it with the current "health" of the Win x64 build.

Give it a go - always happy to try and help - just time constraints on how much I can

ok, i searched the thread for 'explode' and nothing came back, so here goes.

First of all, I can't believe I waited this long to install this; I had thought mechjeb's "warp to" was fine but I only now realise how awesome it is to have two spacecraft on two different missions to two different planets at the same time. This is great, thank you!

Secondly, unfortunately I'm having a bug. I quicksave before every switch because, for some reason, if I use KAC's prompt to switch ships, there seems to be a 50% chance the ship - every single part on it - will instantly explode when it gets focus. Is this a known issue?

This post was from over a year ago, but sure enough I encountered this bug yesterday. I was not at warp speed, but after using an alarm pop up to switch to one of my probes, 4 of my ships exploded and were flung out into space at FTL speeds. Then my screen went black and the only way to fix it was to restart. Now, seemingly at random switching to any ship, whether from an alarm or just from the space center, will destroy the ship and make the screen black (though toolbars and sounds are still present). Am I the only one that has encountered this?

This post was from over a year ago, but sure enough I encountered this bug yesterday. I was not at warp speed, but after using an alarm pop up to switch to one of my probes, 4 of my ships exploded and were flung out into space at FTL speeds. Then my screen went black and the only way to fix it was to restart. Now, seemingly at random switching to any ship, whether from an alarm or just from the space center, will destroy the ship and make the screen black (though toolbars and sounds are still present). Am I the only one that has encountered this?

Theres only been a couple of reports like that to this thread in the 18ish months of the project, and none that could be nailed down to a specific plugin/function from memory. Happy to look a bit deeper with you. Can you provide:

• Did you load the KACBackup file or continue the Save when you wnet back in - if you have that function enabled
  • What breed of KSP is it - win/Mac/Linux - 32 bit/64 bit
  • What scene were you going from/to
  • Can you pastebin the whole log?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=332923730

Assault on Kerbin system. Thanks Kerbal alarm clock!

Nice Aethon, very nice

Theres only been a couple of reports like that to this thread in the 18ish months of the project, and none that could be nailed down to a specific plugin/function from memory. Happy to look a bit deeper with you. Can you provide:

• Did you load the KACBackup file or continue the Save when you wnet back in - if you have that function enabled
  • What breed of KSP is it - win/Mac/Linux - 32 bit/64 bit
  • What scene were you going from/to
  • Can you pastebin the whole log?

Nice Aethon, very nice

I'm on 64-bit Windows, running the game in 32-bit mode. I tried loading various KACBackup files to see it reverting to an earlier state would fix the problem, but it didn't. In the end I was able load an earlier quicksave and got lucky and the ships didn't explode. Now the chances of explosive decoupling seem to be lower, maybe 1 in 4, but the danger exists whether I switch from the space center or from the orbit view of another ship.

And what log are you referring to? It doesn't crash the game so I don't get a crash log in my KSP folder...

And what log are you referring to? It doesn't crash the game so I don't get a crash log in my KSP folder...

The output_log.txt (or equivalent on Linux/Mac). It gets generated every time the game runs. It's basically a record of what happened in the play session, not just a crash log. From the How To Get Support sticky:

The Logs

These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)

Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

I have a problem with KAC since 0.25 released. Sometimes alarms disappear. Unfortunately I'm not sure which cases cause this, but I guess this happens when I create alarm (I make sure that it's created) and then switch to another vessel. It's good when I notice this and switch back to create alarm again. But sometimes I miss my apo time or soi change because alarm was deleted (without telling me that). I wish I could tell you more about this problem to help to find what causes it..

Not sure if this is a bug or expected behaviour, but in 3.0.2.0 the game unpauses when I jump to ships from a 'pause game' alarm window, whereas in 2.x.x.x it used to stay paused until I closed the alarm.

That is, the game pauses as expected when the alarm fires, but if I select "Jump to ship" in the alarm message, it jumps and unpauses, with the following message:

2014-10-31%2001_19_30-Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png

The previous behaviour was that the game was still paused until 'Close alarm' was selected. This is (for me, at any rate) the preferred behaviour.

Reproduced so far on maneuver node and raw time alarms. 32-bit KSP running on Windows 7 x64.

Is this change intentional? If not, please log it as a bug. If it is intentional, would it be possible to have an option for the game to remain paused?

If you need any further information to troubleshoot this, please let me know; I would be happy to provide it.

In a separate issue, I'm not sure if the version checker is working. I get the following result when I force a version check from the settings menu:

2014-10-31%2001_16_44-Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png

This used (again in 2.x.x.x) to say "2.x.x.x @ {date}.

Again, not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention just in case.

Anyway, many thanks for such an excellent (and essential) mod.

Hey TriggerAu, I just opened a bug on your github about something else!

I am experiencing a loss of alarms. I just realized that the alarms are still in the save file but don't repopulate when the game loads.

I'm running 64 bit. I did experience a crash and lost my alarms. Here is the crash log from that.

[EDIT]

For Anyone who is experiencing this issue; I created a tool that will generate the old format for the KAC files so you can import them using the migration tool. What this does is extracts the lost alarms from your save game and puts it into a data friendly format for the existing KAC import tool. I was only able to test using Maneuver Node alarms and Timed alarms. I am in no way guaranteeing this works. Use at your own risk.

Edited by bigorangemachine
KAC Fix Tool

The output_log.txt (or equivalent on Linux/Mac). It gets generated every time the game runs. It's basically a record of what happened in the play session, not just a crash log. From the How To Get Support sticky:

Ok thanks for the clarification. And now of course that I try to reproduce it again, it's suddenly decided to be less crashy. Here is a link to the output_log.txt file https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vhjx4jiz8nzvfr/output_log.txt?dl=0

Hey TriggerAu, I just opened a bug on your github about something else!

I am experiencing a loss of alarms. I just realized that the alarms are still in the save file but don't repopulate when the game loads.

I'm running 64 bit. I did experience a crash and lost my alarms. Here is the crash log from that.

[EDIT]

For Anyone who is experiencing this issue; I created a tool that will generate the old format for the KAC files so you can import them using the migration tool. What this does is extracts the lost alarms from your save game and puts it into a data friendly format for the existing KAC import tool. I was only able to test using Maneuver Node alarms and Timed alarms. I am in no way guaranteeing this works. Use at your own risk.

Can't see anything obvious in the crash file - looks like previous 64 bit ones. Any chance you have a copy of a save that doesnt load in game, and I can try and see what's going on there?

Ok thanks for the clarification. And now of course that I try to reproduce it again, it's suddenly decided to be less crashy. Here is a link to the output_log.txt file https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vhjx4jiz8nzvfr/output_log.txt?dl=0

Been through this one as well, unfortunately nothing in that one that of use. The game resets that file on each start. If it happens again can you catch the log for the break and send it through, and the save and the backup from before the jump if thats cool

I have a problem with KAC since 0.25 released. Sometimes alarms disappear. Unfortunately I'm not sure which cases cause this, but I guess this happens when I create alarm (I make sure that it's created) and then switch to another vessel. It's good when I notice this and switch back to create alarm again. But sometimes I miss my apo time or soi change because alarm was deleted (without telling me that). I wish I could tell you more about this problem to help to find what causes it..

If you can keep an eye out for it and provide a log file and situation where it happens then perhaps I can look a bit deeper

Not sure if this is a bug or expected behaviour, but in 3.0.2.0 the game unpauses when I jump to ships from a 'pause game' alarm window, whereas in 2.x.x.x it used to stay paused until I closed the alarm.

That is, the game pauses as expected when the alarm fires, but if I select "Jump to ship" in the alarm message, it jumps and unpauses, with the following message:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42403518/2014-10-31%2001_19_30-Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png

The previous behaviour was that the game was still paused until 'Close alarm' was selected. This is (for me, at any rate) the preferred behaviour.

Reproduced so far on maneuver node and raw time alarms. 32-bit KSP running on Windows 7 x64.

Is this change intentional? If not, please log it as a bug. If it is intentional, would it be possible to have an option for the game to remain paused?

If you need any further information to troubleshoot this, please let me know; I would be happy to provide it.

In a separate issue, I'm not sure if the version checker is working. I get the following result when I force a version check from the settings menu:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42403518/2014-10-31%2001_16_44-Kerbal%20Space%20Program.png

This used (again in 2.x.x.x) to say "2.x.x.x @ {date}.

Again, not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention just in case.

Anyway, many thanks for such an excellent (and essential) mod.

So two things here with two diffn answers:

The first one is a change that occured in the game in version changes, and wasn't intended. I've looked into it and in most cases thats what happens now, in the one case where the game doesnt unpause KSP locks on my machine. I'm gonna tweak the code now to make it unpause before all scene changes to prevent lockups. I'll have a bit more of a fiddle to see if I can get it to pause afterwards as an option, but it appears if the game is paused to early it breaks the game so its likely not possible.

The second one is something I did wrong in my deployment script. It writes the version file automagically and pushes to github, but for some reason wrote the file in unicode, and KSP is reading it as ASCII - thus garbage. I've manually edited the file now for KAC. Will update the scripts and rerelease.

Thanks heaps for the report and info. Good stuff

v3.0.4.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

A few little fixes and some more logging for if save stuff goes wrong

• Fixed tooltip typos (Issue #68)
  • Fixed error on load of empty alarm block
  • Fixed issues with jumping from paused alarms at SC
  • Fixed versioncheck file

Can't see anything obvious in the crash file - looks like previous 64 bit ones. Any chance you have a copy of a save that doesnt load in game, and I can try and see what's going on there?

Here you go TriggerAu!

I'm going to update to the new version. Hopefully all is well :)

[EDIT]

When the 64-bit Game Crashes the alarm clocks come back empty. They are still in the save game file. I'll post a new file soon (I just re-imported using my tool without thinking).

[EDIT 2]

Here is a good set of 3 files (with a readme).

persistent.sfs: Doesn't Have alarms in game (64-bit windows 8.1)

quicksave #7.sfs: Had working alarms when I loaded it before

quicksave #6.sfs: After verifying persistent.sfs & quicksave #7.sfs had bad alarms, I verified this one was working

Edited by bigorangemachine

The first one is a change that occured in the game in version changes, and wasn't intended. I've looked into it and in most cases thats what happens now, in the one case where the game doesnt unpause KSP locks on my machine. I'm gonna tweak the code now to make it unpause before all scene changes to prevent lockups. I'll have a bit more of a fiddle to see if I can get it to pause afterwards as an option, but it appears if the game is paused to early it breaks the game so its likely not possible.

Weird that it should be a game version issue, because it worked fine in 0.25 with the final 2.x version - I've only seen this behaviour since I switched to 3.x, and I wasn't using beta versions (I only switched yesterday when the in-tool update checker told me that 3.0.2.0 was the latest version. So the 2.x jump-to-ship-while-paused code works fine (for me, at least) if that data point is of any use to you.

Again, please let me know if I can grab any data that would be useful for you to troubleshoot this.

EDIT: haven't tried 3.0.4.0 yet. If it's fixed there then apologies for this post.

I have installed KerbalAlarmClock_3.0.0.6.

The only real problem I have had with it so far is it keep putting up the window every time I enter Flight.

Is this cured in the new version?

When I upgrade will I lose all my current alarms?

The only real problem I have had with it so far is it keep putting up the window every time I enter Flight.

That is a setting in KAC.

Twas an issue solved in 3.0.0.8, so yes upgrading will resolve that, and the alarms should be all good - copy your save file first and you'll have no worries. :)

Weird that it should be a game version issue, because it worked fine in 0.25 with the final 2.x version - I've only seen this behaviour since I switched to 3.x, and I wasn't using beta versions (I only switched yesterday when the in-tool update checker told me that 3.0.2.0 was the latest version. So the 2.x jump-to-ship-while-paused code works fine (for me, at least) if that data point is of any use to you.

Again, please let me know if I can grab any data that would be useful for you to troubleshoot this.

EDIT: haven't tried 3.0.4.0 yet. If it's fixed there then apologies for this post.

Well thats just plain weird then, my apologies. 3.0.4 forces the game to resume before switching scenes as if it doesn it can cause lockups, but the code is the same in that section so I cant tell immediately whats going on there. If I get some time this weekend for it I'll give it a more detailed test