[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Hi Lextacy, I dont see the same behaviour here, either on reloading a save or exiting the game. Are you able to pastebin the log (one from after you exit and one from after you resume the save) and maybe the save file from after you exit so I can see whats happening for you?

Hi Lextacy, I dont see the same behaviour here, either on reloading a save or exiting the game. Are you able to pastebin the log (one from after you exit and one from after you resume the save) and maybe the save file from after you exit so I can see whats happening for you?

unfortunately my game does not write logs , I only have a player.log file but its a rouge file for an old windows install. I also cannon pastebin a save file because it exceeds the file/character limit and forces me to pay money. Can you look at the code and see if it conflicts with anything?

This thread will help you to find the logs - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29

I use pastebin to upload logs/saves, but any service like that or the ones above is free

I tried earlier releases of KAC and still same problem. Also all mods are up to date.

here is the output.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/prknoxeikfx3bzk/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks for the log lextacy. Looking in it there I did notice one thing that rang a bell - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24786-0-25-0-Kerbal-Alarm-Clock-v3-0-5-0-%28Nov-19%29?p=1521654&viewfull=1#post1521654

Can you try removing TarsierSpaceTech and let me know if it then works?

That mod hasnt been updated for 0.25 yet (no one has heard from toby in a few weeks) - with respect to KAC I found a scenarioModule error in the tarsier code a little while ago when someone had a similar issue and submitted a pull request to fix it, but as toby is not around its yet to be included.

Someone did make a new version of it that might work - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62941-v0-24-Tarsier-Space-Technology-%28v4-5c-Now-with-GALAXIES%21%21%21%29?p=1549788&viewfull=1#post1549788 but its not by the author so not sure of the changes

Thanks for the log lextacy. Looking in it there I did notice one thing that rang a bell - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24786-0-25-0-Kerbal-Alarm-Clock-v3-0-5-0-%28Nov-19%29?p=1521654&viewfull=1#post1521654

Can you try removing TarsierSpaceTech and let me know if it then works?

That mod hasnt been updated for 0.25 yet (no one has heard from toby in a few weeks) - with respect to KAC I found a scenarioModule error in the tarsier code a little while ago when someone had a similar issue and submitted a pull request to fix it, but as toby is not around its yet to be included.

Someone did make a new version of it that might work - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62941-v0-24-Tarsier-Space-Technology-%28v4-5c-Now-with-GALAXIES%21%21%21%29?p=1549788&viewfull=1#post1549788 but its not by the author so not sure of the changes

i will try this , thanks for following up ! :D

removing Tarsier SCience mod worked in solving the KAC save issue ! :D Im thankfull I dont really need that mod as it was only a few parts and my existing ships werent using it. Thanks a bunch Trigger for looking through lines of code in the log file to pin point the conflicting mod. I shall reward you a virtual beer!

it's been requested before but I just wanted to +1 the feature to show the actual date/time of an alarm when you open its details, not just the time remaining.

I totally missed that off my list. I'll throw that in the next update when I get the RSS date/times in

I would love to have an alarm option to tell me when a karbonite or kethane refinery are full on resources.

Like, i have a base that extract and full a karbonite tank, then the same refinery do a conversion to mono propane and LF.

If i had a alarm that trigger when all my fuel tanks on that vessel are full, man, that would be great.

Besides that, this mode are amazing. Need to tell.

Thank you.

I would love to have an alarm option to tell me when a karbonite or kethane refinery are full on resources.

Like, i have a base that extract and full a karbonite tank, then the same refinery do a conversion to mono propane and LF.

If i had a alarm that trigger when all my fuel tanks on that vessel are full, man, that would be great.

Besides that, this mode are amazing. Need to tell.

Thank you.

I think thats probably more of a Kethane/Karbonite request. The Karbonite mod could use the KAC API to create alarms as that plugin will have all the details about fill time/rates, etc. This is exactly what KCT does for construction times

I'm interested too, so I might have a look at a way to do that - in either KAC or the other mod.

Thanks for your fast response TriggerAu.

I will talk with Karbonite creator about that. I already see this happening in Kerbal Construction time, that auto pull clock alarms and helps a lot.

Cheers

:)

Cool, Should say I am happy to look into it - just know that the data will be easier to grab in the source mod.

with all the screen clutter I have, it actually would be helpful to get rid of the title bar for the KAC window. Or, since I see it's locked to the screen, allow me to drag it off the top of the screen far enough to hide the titlebar. That'll only save me space up top but that's generally where it resides anyways and it doesn't remove the obvious version info nor allow a user to accidentally drag it off screen

I finally had a reason to use the "earth time" alarm -- only to find out that the only option there is, is the quick alarm and then you cannot set the exact time. Am I missing something or is that the only way Earth Alarm works - to have it go off one hour from now?

with all the screen clutter I have, it actually would be helpful to get rid of the title bar for the KAC window. Or, since I see it's locked to the screen, allow me to drag it off the top of the screen far enough to hide the titlebar. That'll only save me space up top but that's generally where it resides anyways and it doesn't remove the obvious version info nor allow a user to accidentally drag it off screen

Will put something in there to change the clipping rect.

I finally had a reason to use the "earth time" alarm -- only to find out that the only option there is, is the quick alarm and then you cannot set the exact time. Am I missing something or is that the only way Earth Alarm works - to have it go off one hour from now?

To access the earth time alarm you click on the "Current Time:" text in the footer and an extra line will show up with real time and an add button to add an alarm for whatever time is good for you. You can find all the details in the manual - http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/manual.html#General-MainWindow

Is there a way to set an alarm that doesn't kill warp, or message, or anything - Just a way to track certain "important" times?

I have an alarm set for Minmus launch times when the angle to the Rel AN/DN is close to 0 (using 24hr day 6.4x kerbin, 500dv of plane change in orbit is a lot).

I have it set to repeat every 12 hours, but I don't always have something built yet (kerbal construction time).

Is there a way to set an alarm that doesn't kill warp, or message, or anything - Just a way to track certain "important" times?

I have an alarm set for Minmus launch times when the angle to the Rel AN/DN is close to 0 (using 24hr day 6.4x kerbin, 500dv of plane change in orbit is a lot).

I have it set to repeat every 12 hours, but I don't always have something built yet (kerbal construction time).

My first thought was "An Alarm that does nothing? isnt that called no alarm" :P

I get what you mean, currently there is no "Do Nuffin" Action. I'll have a look at how hard it is to add

also want to remind on the idea for an option to confirm alarm deletion. The interface is a bit more crowded now and the X has always been near the Add button. I've killed off only 2-3 alarms so far but having to Alt-F4 to get them back is still a pain.

I want to first say thanks for the great mod. I've been using it for a while now and it's a staple for all my long term games.

I have a few suggestions for features. The first would be automatically adding kill-warp alarms for soi changes. As we all know the game behaves badly if you warp though soi changes too quickly, so I always set these alarms. I don't know how hard it would be to automatically detect soi changes (and keep the alarm updated in case I make further maneuvers).

I wouldn't mind automatic alarms for when I create a maneuver node either. It could stop burn time / 2 before the node (if the burn time can be estimated).

Finally I would love to have an "enter atmosphere" trigger. Again, this helps prevent issues where you warp through the atmosphere, and also helps me know when aerobraking will occur.

Again, thanks for your effort on this supremely useful mod.

To access the earth time alarm you click on the "Current Time:" text in the footer and an extra line will show up with real time and an add button to add an alarm for whatever time is good for you. You can find all the details in the manual - http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/manual.html#General-MainWindow

Thank you! You retroactively and remotely installed that on my computer, didn't you?!

My excuse is that KAC is so easy and intuitive to use that I never had to look at the manual. Shall we keep it at that?

also want to remind on the idea for an option to confirm alarm deletion. The interface is a bit more crowded now and the X has always been near the Add button. I've killed off only 2-3 alarms so far but having to Alt-F4 to get them back is still a pain.

Good one - tis on the list

I want to first say thanks for the great mod. I've been using it for a while now and it's a staple for all my long term games.

I have a few suggestions for features. The first would be automatically adding kill-warp alarms for soi changes. As we all know the game behaves badly if you warp though soi changes too quickly, so I always set these alarms. I don't know how hard it would be to automatically detect soi changes (and keep the alarm updated in case I make further maneuvers).

I wouldn't mind automatic alarms for when I create a maneuver node either. It could stop burn time / 2 before the node (if the burn time can be estimated).

Finally I would love to have an "enter atmosphere" trigger. Again, this helps prevent issues where you warp through the atmosphere, and also helps me know when aerobraking will occur.

Again, thanks for your effort on this supremely useful mod.

Glad you like it. Here's some stuff for you:

Thank you! You retroactively and remotely installed that on my computer, didn't you?!

My excuse is that KAC is so easy and intuitive to use that I never had to look at the manual. Shall we keep it at that?

Haha, no excuses necessary - theres lots in it and I tried to minimise the noise on screen for things you set and forget :)