[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Burntime/2 before the alarm though is a hard one as I havent gotten to writing some code to calc that and KSP doesnt expose the value to read at the moment

Engineer Redux would have that burntime/2 already, perfectly working ;)

Engineer Redux would have that burntime/2 already, perfectly working ;)

A cross mod call for that would be good, but it is a lot of code to mirror - same with the mechjeb stuff too - as I looked a while ago

how do i get the menu up? :confused:

Which Menu do you mean Starslinger?

Thanks for the log lextacy. Looking in it there I did notice one thing that rang a bell - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24786-0-25-0-Kerbal-Alarm-Clock-v3-0-5-0-%28Nov-19%29?p=1521654&viewfull=1#post1521654

Can you try removing TarsierSpaceTech and let me know if it then works?

That mod hasnt been updated for 0.25 yet (no one has heard from toby in a few weeks) - with respect to KAC I found a scenarioModule error in the tarsier code a little while ago when someone had a similar issue and submitted a pull request to fix it, but as toby is not around its yet to be included.

Someone did make a new version of it that might work - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62941-v0-24-Tarsier-Space-Technology-%28v4-5c-Now-with-GALAXIES%21%21%21%29?p=1549788&viewfull=1#post1549788 but its not by the author so not sure of the changes

I can confirm that the new version of Tarsier works and doesn't conflict with the Alarms :D! Hurray! I can use my alarms again :D!

@TriggerAu, would it be possible to set an alarm for changes between "low" and "high" space, and possibly from "in-atmo" to "outside-atmo", like you have with the SOI change alarms?

You can use the distance alarm for these, the values are in the science page on the wiki

Good morning, TriggerAu! I just posted this to DMagic's thread:

Hi, DMagic! I think I found a new bug (in v0.25, that is). Working on a new career game, I get my first magnetic field survey contract (requiring magnetometer and RPWS data from low & high orbits). Upon building my probe and going to launch it, I discover a two-fold bug: one part has to do with interacting with another mod (Kerbal Alarm Clock), and I will be mentioning this on their forum thread as well; the other part, however, has to do with maneuver nodes and the navball. Any ship that has the magnetometer boom on it (tested on two different probes and added to a previous manned ship design) will cause the KAC window to disappear as long as the scene is on that ship (i.e. the KAC window reappears when going to another ship without the boom, or back to the KSC). Also, whenever a maneuver node is created for a ship with the boom, the display of ÃŽâ€vnumbers only never appears (the little 'x' for deleting the node shows up by itself).

Very strange bug, and with my admittedly modest knowledge of programming, I can't imagine why only the one part is causing it. If I take the magnetometer boom off the same ship that first showed this problem (the one with your RPWS antenna still), all is back to normal. So it seems pretty clear that the boom is the sole culprit. I believe this is the first career game I had started since the 0.25 update; at any rate, my last career game had no such problem.

If this actually was brought up before, sorry for repeating.

Hope this proves to be useful to you!

Edited by hollyfeld
clarifying reason for off-thread post

Any ship that has the magnetometer boom on it (tested on two different probes and added to a previous manned ship design) will cause the KAC window to disappear as long as the scene is on that ship (i.e. the KAC window reappears when going to another ship without the boom, or back to the KSC).

I use DMagic and KAC (among other mods) and I cannot confirm this. I did have a ship with the Universal Storage magnetometer boom in 0.25, and I did not see this behavior. Which boom were you using, US or non-US?

(I suggest we carry on further discussion on the DMagic thread, rather than having a crosspostfest.)

Edited by Gryphon
crosspostfest

It works for me, however if you don't have conics unlocked yet it will fail to find things like apoapsis. I don't know that that is a bug though.

Yeah, from what I understand, certain things are just not exposed in code outside of the Sandbox now. At least not until they are unlocked. The Tracking Station itself apparently has to be updated to unlock things like normal/radial points. And probably apoapsis, periapsis and the ascending/descending nodes too....

v3.0.6.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

• Recompiled for 0.90
  • Couple of code changes for 0.90 changes
  • Added Delete Confirmation optional Dialog (Issue #82)
  • Adjusted Top Clamp value to be off screen slightly (Issue #79)
  • Changed KACBackup savenames to start with z so they go to the bottom of the list

This fixes any bugs that may be in there and deploys a couple of bits that were mostly done already.

I will go back through the code to look at things like unlocked functions and display different messages in career mode. But figured best to get something out now

v3.0.6.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

• Recompiled for 0.90
  • Couple of code changes for 0.90 changes
  • Added Delete Confirmation optional Dialog (Issue #82)
  • Adjusted Top Clamp value to be off screen slightly (Issue #79)
  • Changed KACBackup savenames to start with z so they go to the bottom of the list

This fixes any bugs that may be in there and deploys a couple of bits that were mostly done already.

I will go back through the code to look at things like unlocked functions and display different messages in career mode. But figured best to get something out now

My hero :)

Hey TriggerAu when I load up KAC in Blizzy's Toolbar, I get a purple square where your KAC icon should be:

Y4miSFZ.png

I installed via CKAN and the Mod seems to work, I just get that strange purple box instead of the alarm clock. Also don't see any errors in the KSP.log relating to this.

Hey TriggerAu when I load up KAC in Blizzy's Toolbar, I get a purple square where your KAC icon should be:

I installed via CKAN and the Mod seems to work, I just get that strange purple box instead of the alarm clock. Also don't see any errors in the KSP.log relating to this.

Hey, this is a CKAN issue, we're working on it but at the moment KAC is not installed in the correct location by CKAN and the Toolbar can't find its icons. The current install location is KSP/GameData/KerbalAlarmClock while it should be KSP/GameData/TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock

Hey, this is a CKAN issue, we're working on it but at the moment KAC is not installed in the correct location by CKAN and the Toolbar can't find its icons. The current install location is KSP/GameData/KerbalAlarmClock while it should be KSP/GameData/TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock

Ahh, thanks for the update nlight and sorry for the erroneous bug report Trigger!

I was wondering if that was the problem or if Trigger split off his folders from TriggerTech folder. Not sure how his KSP Tips is supposed to be packaged, but that is OUTSIDE the TriggerTech folder as well when downloaded from CKAN.

Edit: KSP Tips is installed properly via CKAN...for some reason just not KAC.

Edited by Ignath

Thansk nlight.

I plan to add some extra stuff in here to be more lenient on install locations, but I am super short on time at the moment sorry.

KSP Tips will actually work installed anywhere in gamedata. I wrapped it all into a single file so it could be the most foolproof install if a new user had to install it as their first mod. so yeah is intentionally not packaged with the TriggerTech folder.