[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Would be an Alarm when Remotech connection becomes active / goes away be possible? In my current game, I have no communication network yet, so I had to fly around Kerbin a few times and visually check when would be a good time to slow Time Acceleration to check for connection availability...

My guess would be that the margin for the alarm is greater than the time till the maneuver node - ie the amount of time before the maneuever node that the alarm fires.

The alarm is one day away :/ But maybe when I first set it, it was too close and after I added some orbits it did not re-update the node.

Would be an Alarm when Remotech connection becomes active / goes away be possible? In my current game, I have no communication network yet, so I had to fly around Kerbin a few times and visually check when would be a good time to slow Time Acceleration to check for connection availability...

Best way to do that would probably be to make sure the API for other plugins to add alarms to KAC is general enough to support the use case, then make the code to predict comms up/down times part of RemoteTech. Needs more knowledge of how your RT network operates than KAC should really be maintaining.

3.1.2.0 - switching from KSC to the Tracking Center results in:

[Log]: 1/3/2015 2:31:39 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Textures

[Log]: 1/3/2015 2:31:39 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Adding DrawGUI to PostRender Queue

[Exception]: ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint

Aborting

[Log]: 1/3/2015 2:31:39 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,AppLauncher: Creating Button-BEFORE

[Log]: 1/3/2015 2:31:39 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,AppLauncher: Creating Button-AFTER

My assumption is that the [Exception] is due to KAC and not something else (since it is surrounded by KAC lines). Doesn't seem to be a fatal error, but might be why I sometimes can't open the tracking window.

If there is a way to tell what time that will happen at then it is possible - as the alarms are all time based, not monitoring events. I do like undercoveryankee's idea of call ing KAC form remoteTech where there is more data. If I get some time I might look at it from that angle

The alarm is one day away :/ But maybe when I first set it, it was too close and after I added some orbits it did not re-update the node.

That doesnt sound right at all no. Got a save in that state that doesnt have too many modded ships?

3.1.2.0 - switching from KSC to the Tracking Center results in:

[Log]: 1/3/2015 2:31:39 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Textures

[Exception]: ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint

Aborting

[Log]: 1/3/2015 2:31:39 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,AppLauncher: Creating Button-BEFORE

[Log]: 1/3/2015 2:31:39 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,AppLauncher: Creating Button-AFTER

My assumption is that the [Exception] is due to KAC and not something else (since it is surrounded by KAC lines). Doesn't seem to be a fatal error, but might be why I sometimes can't open the tracking window.

Yeah the error is from KAC, but not an issue as on the second frame draw everything is in the right space. It has no effect outside of KAC, I just havent gotten some time in yet to work it out. When you say can't open the tracking window what screen do you mean?

When you say can't open the tracking window what screen do you mean?

Space Center -> Tracking Station complex to see a map of all current flights.

Sometimes clicking on that results in a black screen with the KSP waiting indicator in the lower right. Not saying that KAC has anything to do with it (could also be RT or MJ or some other mod).

Space Center -> Tracking Station complex to see a map of all current flights.

Sometimes clicking on that results in a black screen with the KSP waiting indicator in the lower right. Not saying that KAC has anything to do with it (could also be RT or MJ or some other mod).

Yeah thats a new one to me, maybe start in the Modded Support thread on that one

Finally got some time on this one so have cleared a list of stuff. a few things that may need extra info are:

• If you want to enable the Kill Warp when throttle is cut you will find the option in the first page of settings

Here's the full changelog:

• Added option so when you hit the throttle cutoff ("X" by default) it will also kill warp (Issue #85)

This is working wonderfully, thank you!!

I completely deleted the previous version Kerbal Alarm Clock Folder before installing the latest version in .90. Now I have two buttons for it side by side on the stock toolbar.

Sounds like two copies installed, but the best way to check is by looking at the debug log at what Dlls loaded. If you need a hand doing that then pastebin a copy of the log (or a similar sharing site)

Hi TriggerAU,

I've not exactly got a KAC bug to report, but I have had a problem that I posted about in the support forum ([thread=106380]Contract Terms Not Triggering[/thread]).

Someone kindly took a look at the log I posted and pointed out that KAC seems to be throwing out null reference errors over something.

Here is the link the to log in case you want to take a look at it:

output_log.txt

UI Suggestion - add an option to make the window wider to allow for longer Alarm names without wrapping across multiple lines.

I often end up with alarm titles like:

"Mercury III-F Y001D245 Eve Comm Network (setup intercept) (167d 5h 45m)"

(KAC is my "to do" list, so I like lots of notes.

UI Suggestion - add an option to make the window wider to allow for longer Alarm names without wrapping across multiple lines.

I often end up with alarm titles like:

"Mercury III-F Y001D245 Eve Comm Network (setup intercept) (167d 5h 45m)"

(KAC is my "to do" list, so I like lots of notes.

I'm always editing alarm names so they won't wrap. I'd love this. Or even just clipping the name so it still fits in the window but doesn't wrap.

Also, I've sometimes named alarms things like "PAY ATTENTION TO THIS ONE"

Edited by 5thHorseman

Is it possible to add an alarm for Sunrise?

The overly specific use case is me wanting to launch my vessels when it is bright enough to actually see something, so "Kerbol rises over the horizon at KSC" would be fine enough.

A more generic approach could be "Rise of <target-body> over horizon as seen from <current-vessel> or <current-launch-site>". Or even an alarm for when a body falls below the horizon, but I can't think of an use case for that.

Is it possible to add an alarm for Sunrise?

Precise Sunrise, sunset, noon, and midnight alarms for landed craft would be useful in a few different scenarios. (Interplanetary launches in RO being the one that comes to mind).

Precise Sunrise, sunset, noon, and midnight alarms for landed craft would be useful in a few different scenarios. (Interplanetary launches in RO being the one that comes to mind).

Also for landing at ground bases. I frequently have a ship in orbit that I want to land, but I don't want to do it until it's light at my destination.

v3.2.0.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

• Added Window Width Resizing via Mouse (Issue #102)
  • Added WarpToNode Feature for MapView (Issue #98)
  • Made Warp Kill via X the default behaviour (Issue #101)
  • Added some code to fix Control Layout Errors (Issue #99)

I'm super stoked with how the WarpTo Feature has turned out - its accessible in both map mode and TrackingStation. Heres a quick taste of it:

- - - Updated - - -

I'll add the sunrise/sunset/etc alarms idea to my list, but i'll probably need some help on working out the maths for that one

My ksp.log is 80-90% this:

[EXC 12:41:33.628] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

KerbalAlarmClock.MuMech_OrbitExtensions.SwappedOrbitNormal (.Orbit o)

KerbalAlarmClock.MuMech_OrbitExtensions.AscendingNodeTrueAnomaly (.Orbit a, .Orbit B)

KerbalAlarmClock.MuMech_OrbitExtensions.AscendingNodeExists (.Orbit a, .Orbit B)

KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.DrawNodeButtons ()

KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.DrawGUI ()

RenderingManager.OnGUI ()

Almost an hour of playtime is full of that, over and over, every fraction of a second. v3.2.0.0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2d2b3yno5f0iu72/AAC1o58-jgbokrTt67byPbrDa?dl=0