[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

I get this input lock every time I tell KSP to load my saved game if I alt-tab while it loads. You might think "oh ok so I won't alt-tab after I tell it to load my saved game" but that's overkill. I click load, count to three, and then I can alt-tab all I want and when I get back it's loaded and fully functional.

the fix is really simple once you know it - when it happens just follow Trigger's instructions to get to the debug menu and use it to clear the input lock. BAM. I have multiple monitors so it happens everynow and then when I click over to another window while the game is loading to the Space Center

So I started fresh on KSP after not playing it since 0.24. Back then I had uses Kerbal Alarm Clock (as well as other mods). On the current game I've started on 1.04 I hadn't used any mods yet and now I'm at the point where I could really use Kerbal Alarm Clock. So I downloaded the latest (3.4.0.0), extracted the TriggerTech folder and placed it in the GameData directory, started up KSP, and nothing. No Alarm Clock from any view. I tried starting a new game to see if there was some issue with my saved game, no luck. I looked at the output log for KSP and saw it loading Kerbal Alarm Clock components. I don't see any errors, except a bunch of these:

Serialization depth limit exceeded at 'Contracts.Agents::AgentMentality'. There may be an object composition cycle in one or more of your serialized classes.

(Filename: Line: 67)

Serialization depth limit exceeded at 'Contracts.Agents::AgentStanding'. There may be an object composition cycle in one or more of your serialized classes.

(Filename: Line: 67)

I don't know what this is referring to or if it has anything to do with Kerbal Alarm Clock not loading.

It's a stock problem. Something to do with Unity not liking things.

That is kind of what I figured. It wasn't nearby the part of the log where Kerbal Alarm Clock was loading. It was just the only error I could find in the log.

Nothing looks out of the ordinary, except the icon for the alarm clock never shows up. Is there some other change in how mods are installed since 0.24?

I've found an interesting bug: when using KER with this mod, with maneuver node alarms configured to add half the burn time to the margin, if KER reads NaN for the half burn time (this can happen with spaceplanes with unusual staging configurations) then KAC sets the maneuver node to a constant 233y, 162d, 3h14m08s away, and puts it at the top of the list. That is, the alarm's timer doesn't change at all.

Maia II is the active vessel.

PUwzTpC7GeRzkQjMH6pp6OoPb9O3G8eAX9UMxMMczhA?size_mode=5

I've found an interesting bug: when using KER with this mod, with maneuver node alarms configured to add half the burn time to the margin, if KER reads NaN for the half burn time (this can happen with spaceplanes with unusual staging configurations) then KAC sets the maneuver node to a constant 233y, 162d, 3h14m08s away, and puts it at the top of the list. That is, the alarm's timer doesn't change at all.

Maia II is the active vessel.

https://photos-6.dropbox.com/t/2/AABar2YIJ6Z-zzLdgoM7qZuI4ssXYuYBlHjZ8pvj-XnDWQ/12/96846275/png/32x32/1/1439769600/0/2/08%20-%20KAC%20Bug.png/CMODly4gASACIAMgBCAFIAYgBygC/PUwzTpC7GeRzkQjMH6pp6OoPb9O3G8eAX9UMxMMczhA?size_mode=5

I cant see the pic in here, but thats OK, mind sharing a vessel file that does it and I'll code up an extra check or two for that scenario

Unrelated...

BTW. I stopped getting emails about this thread updating again... grr.. sorry I didnt see some of the more recent posts

I cant see the pic in here, but thats OK, mind sharing a vessel file that does it and I'll code up an extra check or two for that scenario

I think pretty much any spaceplane with jets and rockets will work as long as the rockets come after the jets in the staging (and are not actually staged), but here you are:

Maia II.craft

It's been tweaked slightly since taking the screenshot, but not in ways that affect this issue.

Required mods:

Adjustable Landing Gear

Mark IV Spaceplane for the jet engine

Ven's stock part revamp github version; current release has a few issues with things like the delta deluxe winglet. Adds the solar panels on the wings and lights in front of the landing gear, rocket engine node placement slightly different to stock.

Mk2 Spaceplane Expansion for the RCS ports

Modular Fuel Tanks used to reduce the tank size in the mk2-2.5m adaptor to save on mass

Actions Everywhere used to lock rocket fuel tanks during ascent to prevent the jet from draining them

ModuleRCSFX used to tweak the RCS ports to balance thrust around CoM

There might be one or two others for minor details but this should be enough to test it.

I think pretty much any spaceplane with jets and rockets will work as long as the rockets come after the jets in the staging (and are not actually staged), but here you are:

Maia II.craft

It's been tweaked slightly since taking the screenshot, but not in ways that affect this issue.

Required mods:

Adjustable Landing Gear

Mark IV Spaceplane for the jet engine

Ven's stock part revamp github version; current release has a few issues with things like the delta deluxe winglet. Adds the solar panels on the wings and lights in front of the landing gear, rocket engine node placement slightly different to stock.

Mk2 Spaceplane Expansion for the RCS ports

Modular Fuel Tanks used to reduce the tank size in the mk2-2.5m adaptor to save on mass

Actions Everywhere used to lock rocket fuel tanks during ascent to prevent the jet from draining them

ModuleRCSFX used to tweak the RCS ports to balance thrust around CoM

There might be one or two others for minor details but this should be enough to test it.

Thanks, any time saved is good atm, just working on finishing some stuff in the TWP and then Ill look at the KAC stuff

Hey, I want to let you know I love the mod and have no idea how I could play without it for so much time.

I have a question though: Is it possible for the KAC to let me know if there's any vessel crossing any SOIs? And I mean an alarm that creates itself whenever such a thing happens, not one that is created by me. It would be really awesome to have this kind of thing. Especially for probes that are on long-term missions in Jool system.

Hey, I want to let you know I love the mod and have no idea how I could play without it for so much time.

I have a question though: Is it possible for the KAC to let me know if there's any vessel crossing any SOIs? And I mean an alarm that creates itself whenever such a thing happens, not one that is created by me. It would be really awesome to have this kind of thing. Especially for probes that are on long-term missions in Jool system.

You have to be in control of the ship, but if you turn on auto soi alarms it will do just that. If you make sure you're in control of the ship every time it crosses an SOI boundary, KAC will happily add the next one. Now, if it doesn't see a next one and it turns out there is one 8 orbits from now or something, it won't do that. However, I don't think it CAN do that, as KSP doesn't offer up that information.

You have to be in control of the ship, but if you turn on auto soi alarms it will do just that. If you make sure you're in control of the ship every time it crosses an SOI boundary, KAC will happily add the next one. Now, if it doesn't see a next one and it turns out there is one 8 orbits from now or something, it won't do that. However, I don't think it CAN do that, as KSP doesn't offer up that information.

Cool. Thanks a lot.

Latest version under 1.0.4:

[WRN 00:15:57.373] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From TRACKSTATION to FLIGHT (Async) =====================
[LOG 00:15:57.374] 8/29/2015 12:15:57 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Scene Change from 'TRACKSTATION' to 'FLIGHT'
[LOG 00:15:57.375] 8/29/2015 12:15:57 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag
[LOG 00:15:57.378] Tac.TacLifeSupport[FFFAE396][266.52]: OnDestroy
[EXC 00:15:57.379] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails ()
KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.RepeatingWorker ()
KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper ()
[LOG 00:15:57.383] 8/29/2015 12:15:57 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue

Only showed up once, although I switched to two other vessels from this one. Working on finalizing a 0.90 save under 1.0.4 so that may be causing some issues.

Changed from editor to space center and got this error:

[LOG 22:40:44.880] 9/2/2015 10:40:44 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Triggering Alarm - KCT: KSS MK3ish Complete
[LOG 22:40:44.881] 9/2/2015 10:40:44 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,KCT: KSS MK3ish Complete-Halt Warp
[LOG 22:40:44.882] 9/2/2015 10:40:44 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Actioning Alarm
[LOG 22:40:44.882] 9/2/2015 10:40:44 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,KillWarp-Yes-False-False
[LOG 22:40:44.968] 9/2/2015 10:40:44 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,API-DeleteAlarm-Deleting:d29eda73d4164877b131e125b10af382
[EXC 22:40:44.974] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.FillAlarmWindow (Int32 windowID)
UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[LOG 22:40:46.956] 9/2/2015 10:40:46 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,API-DeleteAlarm-Deleting:6fbde5c5c98d4e848f68c6e38c6c2f4a

Everything seems to be working, so not sure what it means.

• 1 month later...

Xg26hSc.png

For some reason, KAC is telling me I don't have enough dV to complete this maneuver, even though I do. Do I have to unlock something in career mode before it does the burn time thing properly or is it a bug?

This is likely answered somewhere in the 165 pages of this post but How do you turn off the "warp to" buttons that appear next to the nodes from KAC?

i've looked at the documentation and nothing stands out, apologies for my stupidity but can someone advise?

thanks

Pete

This is likely answered somewhere in the 165 pages of this post but How do you turn off the "warp to" buttons that appear next to the nodes from KAC?

i've looked at the documentation and nothing stands out, apologies for my stupidity but can someone advise?

thanks

Pete

You are right about that. It's been asked so many times I even made an image for it.

kac_warpto.jpg

I just came here to ask how to disable the "warp to" button in the map view. Luckily for me the answer was right here at the last page. Not in a million years would have I figured it out on my own.

As feedback "Set alarm type:" seems like a option for setting the alarm type, not a way of selecting between different setting pages/tabs. To make this even worse the other page selectors: "General", "Specifics", "Audio", etc. are completely different looking, thus breaking the UI design consistency. Having the the alarm type specific setting page selector appear as the same kind of buttons underneath the main page selectors (General, etc.) would present the options to the user in a consistent way.

But as a stop gap measure even substituting the text "Set alarm type:" with the text "Settings page:" would reduce the number of people asking how to disable the "warp to".

And in this ones humble opinion, now that the vanilla "warp here" has been implemented, the warp to map view buttons should be disabled by default. Especially considering how prone they are to accidental clicking.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that with the KAC window open, and a few alarms running, memory usage spins out of control really fast. Idling at the KSC scene with the window open with 10 alarms eats into my precious, precious memory reserve at about 1MB every 3 seconds. With 5 alarms it's around 1MB per 4 seconds. 2 alarms 1MB per 7 seconds, no alarms 1MB per 9 sec. If I close the KAC window I get a blissful 12 seconds between 1MB baby steps towards a Krakeny doom (praise the Kraken!). The type of alarm seems to make no difference, and removing KAC entirely yields the same result as having the window closed. In other words, if I keep the KAC window open, my game will crash (faster). If I have a few alarms it'll happen even faster, and with a bunch of alarms it's basically one launch or flight (unless they're very short), then restart the game.

Anyone else seeing this?

A simple idea: I use the alarm clock perpetually at aerobraking, but there are no special warning for it, and I have to use the periapsis and estimate the extra time between the preriapsis and the atmosphere brother. Is it worth-full for an extra option for anybody else?

Thanx!

A simple idea: I use the alarm clock perpetually at aerobraking, but there are no special warning for it, and I have to use the periapsis and estimate the extra time between the preriapsis and the atmosphere brother. Is it worth-full for an extra option for anybody else?

Thanx!

I'd love that, especially if you could set it to auto alarm. Though only for non-debris vessels, wouldn't want all your debris to trigger atmo alarms on liftoff.

I just came here to ask how to disable the "warp to" button in the map view. Luckily for me the answer was right here at the last page. Not in a million years would have I figured it out on my own.

As feedback "Set alarm type:" seems like a option for setting the alarm type, not a way of selecting between different setting pages/tabs. To make this even worse the other page selectors: "General", "Specifics", "Audio", etc. are completely different looking, thus breaking the UI design consistency. Having the the alarm type specific setting page selector appear as the same kind of buttons underneath the main page selectors (General, etc.) would present the options to the user in a consistent way.

But as a stop gap measure even substituting the text "Set alarm type:" with the text "Settings page:" would reduce the number of people asking how to disable the "warp to".

And in this ones humble opinion, now that the vanilla "warp here" has been implemented, the warp to map view buttons should be disabled by default. Especially considering how prone they are to accidental clicking.

The two aren't exactly the same quite yet, although I can hope. I thought I had changed one of the defaults already to make this less of an issue, but will review em shortly. Very good point re the label name I'll look at that also

I have noticed that with the KAC window open, and a few alarms running, memory usage spins out of control really fast. Idling at the KSC scene with the window open with 10 alarms eats into my precious, precious memory reserve at about 1MB every 3 seconds. With 5 alarms it's around 1MB per 4 seconds. 2 alarms 1MB per 7 seconds, no alarms 1MB per 9 sec. If I close the KAC window I get a blissful 12 seconds between 1MB baby steps towards a Krakeny doom (praise the Kraken!). The type of alarm seems to make no difference, and removing KAC entirely yields the same result as having the window closed. In other words, if I keep the KAC window open, my game will crash (faster). If I have a few alarms it'll happen even faster, and with a bunch of alarms it's basically one launch or flight (unless they're very short), then restart the game.

Anyone else seeing this?

I've not seen that one myself, would be good to know if the log is being spanned when that happens

Thanx!

I'd love that, especially if you could set it to auto alarm. Though only for non-debris vessels, wouldn't want all your debris to trigger atmo alarms on liftoff.

Can the Altitude alarm not do this already? set to the edge of atmosphere for the target, or am I thinking of something else?