[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

1 hour ago, TriggerAu said:

Its in the git list already - just need some maths time to work that one out :)

Excellent, hopefully I can work off that to add a terminator day/night layer to my flight tracker dynamic maps. That's my last missing major feature. I actually got a response from a professor who coded a leaflet plugin for Earth's terminator overlay so he may be able to help me too. Will share formulae if I get around to it first 

Another wish-list item, a "TODO" event type which can be edited when passed so that I can change it to a time in the future (because I need to post-pone it).  It could have a checkmark for an icon, would not stop warp or display a message by default, and could be hidden with another button next to the "rocket" (show only current) icon by "Alarm List".

I guess it would make sense to be an extension of the raw time alarm, which maybe should use a checkmark instead of a clock.  One type of icon for raw time alarms not attached to anything, another raw time alarm to those attached to a specific vessel.

Maybe even just allow us to edit "past-due" raw time alarms.  Right now, once the alarm goes past-due, I can't edit the alarm and reset it to occur in the future.

Separate request, SOI alarms that are in the past should be auto-deleted, just like node alarms.

Edited by WuphonsReach

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2015 at 11:00 PM, Motokid600 said:

Id like to bump this inquiry if I may

I second this. Or third? Anyway, for me it happens when KAC tries to slow warp time (from 10k to 1k) for an oncoming alarm. KSP just hangs up. Had to remove ARP to be able to play.

No pressure, I understand that 64 bit version is unsupported. Would be really nice though.

6 minutes ago, Ixenzo said:

I second this. Or third? Anyway, for me it happens when KAC tries to slow warp time (from 10k to 1k) for an oncoming alarm. KSP just hangs up. Had to remove ARP to be able to play.

No pressure, I understand that 64 bit version is unsupported. Would be really nice though.

Yea same here. Not only was I gettting a ctd when I wreaked a large craft, but I'd crash coming out of timewarp for an alarm 50% of the time. Could just be 64bit bring wacky so... Is what it is. Mechjebs auto warp works well enough in the meantime. Just can't pile up too many missions at once without KAC. ( is that what you meant instead of ARP? )

Oh, Alternate Resource Panel? I've never used that and I was still getting the issues.

Edited by Motokid600

• 2 weeks later...

This question has probably been asked before (and probably solved, for that matter) but why do all of my alarms get deleted when i restart the game?

Using the most recent version, and a clean install of KSP (64 and 32bit, it doesn't matter) if i set an alarm, close the game, and re-start, the alarm is gone and i have to reset it every time.

if it's not already on the todo list, a "warp to alarm" option would be really really useful (like KCT's "warp to completion"). doubly handy if there was an option to set an alarm for local sunrise/sunset (either when in orbit or landed on a body).

(unrelated: do the left/right cursor keys not work in this edit box, or is it just me? >< )

On 1/30/2016 at 9:08 AM, StickyScissors said:

This question has probably been asked before (and probably solved, for that matter) but why do all of my alarms get deleted when i restart the game?

Using the most recent version, and a clean install of KSP (64 and 32bit, it doesn't matter) if i set an alarm, close the game, and re-start, the alarm is gone and i have to reset it every time.

Thats certainly not something I've seen or heard of recently. Can you share your log file and save if thats OK - it should have messages about failing to load the alarms

5 hours ago, speedwaystar said:

if it's not already on the todo list, a "warp to alarm" option would be really really useful (like KCT's "warp to completion"). doubly handy if there was an option to set an alarm for local sunrise/sunset (either when in orbit or landed on a body).

(unrelated: do the left/right cursor keys not work in this edit box, or is it just me? >< )

You're shilling for @NathanKell right? (he asked me this the other day too) Is on my list for looking at when I'm not KSPedia'ing

On 1/30/2016 at 1:08 AM, StickyScissors said:

Having the same issue (64bit though) and it seems to have appeared out of the blue a few days ago. Any alarm made via Transfer Planner is lost on scene change, craft alarms (maneuver, SoI) appear and disappear between scene changes or game restarts.

On 2/3/2016 at 10:06 AM, TriggerAu said:

log file and save

https://mega.nz/#!jlow1S5C!n-vGr2wg0LVjUthIUO-C3FVTDq1qWA5zxAGATT6vhn8

Edit. It would appear as though alarms behave differently depending on a scene in which they were made in. Transfer Planner alarms made in KSC are immediately lost upon a scene change and appear to persist if they were made in the tracking station (in KSC (VAB too) they appear only after entering and exiting TS). Craft alarms appear only in the tracking station and map view (I assume tracking station is just map view with additional UI over it?).

Further testing has shown that KAC seems to work as intended if the alarms are made in map view; for alarms to appear in KSC scene one should visit the tracking station first on each game restart. Other than that, everything's fine.

Edited by Ixenzo

I've had two crashes on 1.0.5 recently, one out of the blue when flying in Kerbin's atmosphere, which didn't leave much of a recognizable trace in the crash log (I'm using several mods, mostly usability and graphics), and then an earlier one prompted by merely clicking on the VAB. The output log showed Alarm Clock actions just before the crash.

(...line 24914...)

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to EDITOR (Async) =====================

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Eeloo'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Pol'

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Dres'

2/3/2016 9:51:17 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Destroying the KerbalAlarmClock-KACSpaceCenter

2/3/2016 9:51:17 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,API Cleaned up

UnloadTime: 8.153536 ms
Crash!!!

Full crash dump folder here.

Edited by Shadow86

Found a clever use for KAC...  I'm testing the thermal design of a new LV-N powered craft, and need to know what the heat levels are if it doesn't blow up.   I fire up the engines and set a raw time alarm tied to the vehicle, set to pause at completion.   That way, even if I wander off during the 15 minute burn, the status of the vehicle is 'frozen' until I come back.

Is there any way to disable "warp to" buttons on the map view? I've never really used them. They simply were until I ocasionally pressed one when I wanted to create a maneuver at the apoapsis and screwed the whole mission to Jool (because I left with not enough time to slow my ship down with one little ion engine) so I don't want this to happen again.

Edited by orven

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i'am playing on ArchLinux 64bit. I am using the latest KAC (installed via CKAN). I have a rather cosmetic problem with the KAC window. It allows to resize horizontally but not vertically. So when i drag the mouse cursor e. g. on the lower right corner of the KAC window only the horozontal
resizing arrow appears, not the expected diagonal resizing arrow. Also i see that the KSP mouse cursor changes its style to my GNOME-style mouse cursor.

Just to tell, it's annoying, but i can live with it. The alarm list is increasing and decreasing in height every time i add or remove an alarm. I do not know if this behavior is normal. Or just Linux-related.

btw: the "warp to" buttons in the map view, like orven mentioned 2 posts before, should really be an option to enable.

• 3 weeks later...

KAC is good to have, but KER is by far the most critical mod to have. If any mod should be stock, it should. At the very least, being able to see dV in the VAB.

There a number of mods that would be nice to have stock, but until Squad decides it, it stays a mod. many things have found there way from mod to stock and several moders now work for Squad to some degree. With KSP moved to U5, It's likely we will see much more.

9 hours ago, Vorg said:

KAC is good to have, but KER is by far the most critical mod to have. If any mod should be stock, it should. At the very least, being able to see dV in the VAB.

There a number of mods that would be nice to have stock, but until Squad decides it, it stays a mod. many things have found there way from mod to stock and several moders now work for Squad to some degree. With KSP moved to U5, It's likely we will see much more.

I agree complete, KAC is great and useful, but if I could only have one mod it would have to be KER.

Sorry guys, I'm flat out with KSPedia and the pre release right now. Havent even dug into the UI stuff so this will be a while at this point.

Doing my best, but cant promise anything as I have a day job as well as a Squad job

8 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Sorry guys, I'm flat out with KSPedia and the pre release right now. Havent even dug into the UI stuff so this will be a while at this point.

Doing my best, but cant promise anything as I have a day job as well as a Squad job

Ahh, dont you have a twin brother?