[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

I have had several scene switches to a vessel where I can't rotate the camera, my vessel disappears, I can't return to Space Ctr, and the Date goes to Year 99 Day 999,etc. The log shows a ton of null exceptions. It looks like something is going on with the test release. I will anxiously wait for the official 1.1 release.

Here is a very brief section of the log where everything goes bananas, there is a ton of null errors later on:

Spoiler

[WRN 00:16:52.372] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From TRACKSTATION to FLIGHT (Async) =====================
[LOG 00:16:52.373] 4/22/2016 12:16:52 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Scene Change from 'TRACKSTATION' to 'FLIGHT'
[LOG 00:16:52.374] 4/22/2016 12:16:52 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag
[LOG 00:16:52.379] ScaleModList: listSize 205 maxListSize 1263
[LOG 00:16:52.387] 4/22/2016 12:16:52 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue
[EXC 00:16:52.388] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PauseMenu.get_isOpen ()
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.DrawGUI ()
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.OnGUIEvery ()
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.OnGUI ()
[EXC 00:16:52.389] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PauseMenu.get_isOpen ()
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.DrawGUI ()
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.OnGUIEvery ()
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.OnGUI ()

16 hours ago, CloudlessEchoes said:

Another minor bug: the KAC window doesn't hide when pressing F2. Everything else seems good (I didn't try to replicate the bug above though).

I can confirm that, on a fairly un-modded install (KAS/KIS/VOID/KAC only pretty much).

I've noticed that VOID also no longer respects F2 (it did in the past) so it's possible the method for catching that event has changed or something.

Yeah, I knew about the F2 thing, and wasn't interested enough in fixing it to figure out what it was. As I understand it, <1.1 gave you a draw hook that was only called when the UI was displayed, and 1.1+ leaves that to plugin authors. I just have to find the flag or whatever that says that the UI is hidden.

Now that there seems to be another bug, maybe I'll spend a little time this weekend trying to reproduce/fix both of them. (Although my time is probably going to go to Trajectories instead, since there's a workaround for this one.)

Edited by Fishbreath

I'm anxiously awaiting the 1.1 update from @TriggerAu. Can't really play now without Kerbal Alarm Clock, or I'll miss most of my maneuvers from the running missions. Thanks for this mod that allows me to run a complex space program with multiple simultaneous missions!

1 minute ago, Sheppard said:

I'm anxiously awaiting the 1.1 update from @TriggerAu. Can't really play now without Kerbal Alarm Clock, or I'll miss most of my maneuvers from the running missions. Thanks for this mod that allows me to run a complex space program with multiple simultaneous missions!

If you look up a few posts and on the last few pages, you'll see there's a recompile for Unity 5 / KSP 1.1 made by Fishbreath.  I and others are using it and it appears to be working.  if you keep backups, it should be good until TriggerAu finds the time to put out an official upgrade.  Here's one of Fishbreath's posts with a link to his recompile, followed by the link (as the IPS4 quote of his post left that off).

https://github.com/jslater89/KerbalAlarmClock/releases/tag/v3.6.0.0

2 hours ago, sardia said:

NRbQDwX.pngHow accurate is the transfer window alarms? They don't seem to match up with mechjeb or the transfer window planners.

They had discrepancies in 1.0.5 as well for me. I think the way kac and mj calculate the "best" window is slightly different (rounding accuracy ??). Most of the times both windows are close together.

12 hours ago, Jacke said:

If you look up a few posts and on the last few pages, you'll see there's a recompile for Unity 5 / KSP 1.1 made by Fishbreath.  I and others are using it and it appears to be working.  if you keep backups, it should be good until TriggerAu finds the time to put out an official upgrade.  Here's one of Fishbreath's posts with a link to his recompile, followed by the link (as the IPS4 quote of his post left that off).

https://github.com/jslater89/KerbalAlarmClock/releases/tag/v3.6.0.0

This release is bugged and I wouldn't recommend using it. It causes Null Reference Exceptions

15 hours ago, ExEvolution said:

This release is bugged and I wouldn't recommend using it. It causes Null Reference Exceptions

And yet I and many others have been using it trouble-free for a couple weeks now; NRE's are not the end of the world. 

25 minutes ago, ExEvolution said:

One of the bugs caused by these NREs is that the tracking center scene locks up sometimes.

For you perhaps. Not for me. Not in almost three weeks of regular play. And there are no widespread reports of that kind of thing. *shrug*

36 minutes ago, ExEvolution said:

One of the bugs caused by these NREs is that the tracking center scene locks up sometimes.

Hopefully some day someone who's having these problems will report them or, if they're already reported, corroborate with any helpful information they can.

23 hours ago, sardia said:

NRbQDwX.pngHow accurate is the transfer window alarms? They don't seem to match up with mechjeb or the transfer window planners.

I've been having a lot of issues with them as well. They've been pretty off (by like half a year) or keep resetting themselves. I'm using Olex calculator for now. They've not slipped up on maneuver alarms though, which are obviously very important.

Edited by MassoudGL

Thanks to @Fishbreath this was reasonably painless

v3.6.1.0 Now Available

Download from GitHub or Download from Curse or... No Spacedock version cause I cant seem to get registered/emails (will look later)

This is basically a merge of Fishbreaths pull as well as the code to handle the UIToggle (ie F2). I've done some quick and dirty tests and all the alarms seem to be working fine for me. 

If you do have trouble with it then please drop something in here where people will see it and include logs and the usual support stuff - now that we have 32 and 64 bit there may be diffs there too - oh the joy

Thanks for the patience, and again thanks to @Fishbreath for making things easier for me :)

7 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

Thanks to @Fishbreath this was reasonably painless

v3.6.1.0 Now Available

Download from GitHub or Download from Curse or... No Spacedock version cause I cant seem to get registered/emails (will look later)

This is basically a merge of Fishbreaths pull as well as the code to handle the UIToggle (ie F2). I've done some quick and dirty tests and all the alarms seem to be working fine for me. 

If you do have trouble with it then please drop something in here where people will see it and include logs and the usual support stuff - now that we have 32 and 64 bit there may be diffs there too - oh the joy

Thanks for the patience, and again thanks to @Fishbreath for making things easier for me :)

abc

Thank you!!! :)

5 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

What are those special developer's techniques that can make the forum do weird stuff?

15 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

Thanks to Fishbreath this was reasonably painless

v3.6.1.0 Now Available

That was a lot quicker than expected—I wouldn't blame you for a two-week “and now I'm going to touch no KSP related code at all” hiatus. (Or perhaps longer, depending on how hard the 1.1 delivery was). Fishbreath's patch was doing just fine as an in-between stopgap (thank you, @Fishbreath!) but seeing an official release of what I think is one of the most essential mods (right there with KER and Chatterer) so quickly is awesome! Thank you!

Whoo!  Official update.  I'd heard the unofficial build was occasionally causing some quirkiness so it'll be nice to see if that fixes any of my minor issues.  (I run mod-heavy, so hard to tell the cause.)

@TriggerAu minor request/reminder to update title and OP?