[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Hello @TriggerAu Thank you for this useful utility mod :D I have just installed this mod and I enjoy it's features. It is very handy for what I do In Kerbal Space Program. Also I am just curious, if and when are you going to update the mod Transfer Window Planner? I do know it works on the most recent update but I might sometimes get a this mod is incomparable with this version of this game please use Variable version message. Thanks Friend and have a nice day! 

Ps I am not a bot and I just want to be polite.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mikenike said:

Can I use this on EE.

You can’t get mods on console at this point in time, because there would be all sorts of licensing issues between SQUAD and the modders, notwithstanding the fact that all plugin mods (like this one) would probably  have to be rewritten from scratch for them to work on consoles.

However SQUAD usually keeps quiet about what they’re adding to the game next, so they could be working on mod support for Enhanced Edition right now, we don’t know :)

16 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

notwithstanding the fact that all plugin mods (like this one) would probably  have to be rewritten from scratch for them to work on consoles.

Why would the plugins have to be rewritten from scratch? The point of C# and intermediate languages running in a VM is platform-independance. 

There's only one or two plugin mods that use native code, all the rest are fine.

The major hurdle is that consoles have very stringent guidelines on how to deploy binaries (and for the purposes of this, yes, plugins are considered binaries) on their platforms. They would have to go through the same Q&A as the full game does. So unless there's a major shift from the platform owners, there's no way mods could be deployed in the same way as on PC.

They -could- be deployed "officially" by Squad/whoever is doing the console port, but that's a headache I'm sure they don't want to take on as they'd then be responsible for any bug reports etc.

So TL;DR, it's not a technical issue, it's a policy issue of why it's very very unlikely we'll ever see KSP mods on console.

I am having a weird issue with KAC.

I am running ksp 1.6.1 with latest KAC and a bunch of other mods including most of roverdue's USI mods.

Now my issue: I set abunch of alarms and suddenly the alarms run out way before their expected time(some hundreds of days some years ahead), one after the other. This happens in a single game session(within 15 min of playing the game). So I have to reset my alarms, 1 per 1 only for the same thing to happen again.

Alarms are of different kind as well, some are SOI changes and some are set through the transfer window planner.

Anyone has ever encountered that? Been using KAC for years and it has never happened to me before...

On 4/10/2019 at 4:40 PM, Kielm said:

I have the same problem. The dynamic rescaling of the KAC window ceases to function when the UI is scaled to 90%. It works once the UI scaling is set back to 100%, but reverts again whenever setting the UI scale back to 90%. It's not a one-off bug, it's something in KAC that dislikes UI rescaling. 

On 1/8/2019 at 2:05 AM, Qarisma said:

I'm having issues with the settings menu. I can't switch between types in the specifics menu

After doing some digging, it seems that the drop-down menus (which includes the "specifics" submenus, the alarm sound selection, and the skin selection) aren't playing nice with the UI scale.  I've made a pull request that seems to fix the issue in my testing, but for an immediate fix, you can open the settings file (GameData\TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock\PluginData\settings.cfg) and set UIScaleOverride = True (and UIScaleValue = 1, if it's been changed to anything else), although this will force KAC to not match the scale of other UI elements.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:12 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

After doing some digging, it seems that the drop-down menus (which includes the "specifics" submenus, the alarm sound selection, and the skin selection) aren't playing nice with the UI scale.  I've made a pull request that seems to fix the issue in my testing, but for an immediate fix, you can open the settings file (GameData\TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock\PluginData\settings.cfg) and set UIScaleOverride = True (and UIScaleValue = 1, if it's been changed to anything else), although this will force KAC to not match the scale of other UI elements.

Thanks for finding this fix, temporary quick and otherwise.  It's worked for me under limited testing but I have no doubt that it solves the problem as advertised.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:27 PM, Starwaster said:

That option is redundant these days. It dates back to when vessel maneuver nodes were not persistent. So KA would record that data so you could load the maneuver node. (If the alarm was for a maneuver)

now, ksp does they for you. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Shemuev said:

Thx m8s

It is easy to install manually like most KSP mods. Download https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/releases/download/v3.10.0.0/KerbalAlarmClock_3.10.0.0.zip.

When you open the zip file you will see a gamedata folder. If you copy and paste this into your KSP folder (where KSP_x64,exe is) it should be visible in your game on the toolbar.

• 4 weeks later...

having a new problem:  Alarm is no longer adding in 1/2 burn time (I have it set up to to do that and was working), so some long burns (>5 mins) are creating alarm times minutes after the actual start of the burn.  Not sure what changed?

On 7/7/2019 at 9:32 PM, bpiltz said:

having a new problem:  Alarm is no longer adding in 1/2 burn time (I have it set up to to do that and was working), so some long burns (>5 mins) are creating alarm times minutes after the actual start of the burn.  Not sure what changed?

i think that's only present when you have KER installed, maybe.