[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

2 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Sounds like a question for the CKAN thread?

Only if CKAN was supposed to be aware. Though I'm assuming TriggerAU is also managing the netkan file, which may not be the case.

1 hour ago, Jognt said:

Much appreciated.

Was CKAN supposed to be aware of 1.8.1 compatibility or was this just an oversight? Wondering because this is the third time recently that CKAN was unaware of a compatible update.

The version file in v3.13 specifically states that 1.9.0 is the min version hence why CKAN is not picking it up as compatible with 1.8.1, as per JPLRepo's post.

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

The version file in v3.13 specifically states that 1.9.0 is the min version hence why CKAN is not picking it up as compatible with 1.8.1, as per JPLRepo's post.

Cheers. Guess I could've/should've checked the netkan myself. Apologies.

I could need some help in understanding in chosing transfer windows. I am playing in JNSQ. When I plot a transfer window and look in the same menu several days before launch the same target has a nother transfer date. Why is this? I always wondered why my transfers are that much off and are not Hohmann ones.

Is there something I can do about "No future model data"?

Edited by New Horizons

• 4 weeks later...

@TriggerAu I play on a 4K monitor at 3840x2160 and the game's UI Scale set at 140%.  If the KAC window is open in map view the Warp To arrows are wildly misplaced. With the window closed you can see them near the SOI change and Pe marker at the center of the screen.  With the window open the arrows jump to the bottom right.

RUsD0js.gifIt's been like this for years. Today I finally figured out it coincided with the KAC window being open.  I normally just leave the KAC window open since I use it so much.  Today I accidentally closed it while in the map and saw the arrows jump.

@Tonka Crash Wow. Never occurred to me that the weird position of some of the arrows had anything to do with KAC. I've just been ignoring it for ages, as it's not a big deal to me - just a distraction. I use KAC a *LOT*, as I tend to have a dozen or two active missions going on simultaneously. Heck, I even use it for some things that aren't even really alarms. I find it handy as a menu of craft that I might want to do something with, even if they don't have a particular alarm time. I'll just set a manual "alarm" for 5 years or so in the future just so that a link to the craft is in the KAC window. That's handier than pawing through the much larger list of craft in the tracking station. So yes, I pretty much always have the KAC window up.

• 3 weeks later...

@TriggerAu I'm perfectly aware that this mod is not supposed to work with 1.9.1, but I tried it regardless and encountered a problem that I wanna share. If a alarm is set and I enter VAB (not SPH interestingly), the game crashes to desktop without any error message. It's definitely KAC causing it as removing the set alarm removed the persistent crash issue.

9 hours ago, WearyJoe said:

@TriggerAu I'm perfectly aware that this mod is not supposed to work with 1.9.1, but I tried it regardless and encountered a problem that I wanna share. If a alarm is set and I enter VAB (not SPH interestingly), the game crashes to desktop without any error message. It's definitely KAC causing it as removing the set alarm removed the persistent crash issue.

I see this is your first post on the forums. Welcome.

I'm using KAC with 1.9.1 and haven't had any crashes. Someone may be able to help you resolve the problem if you post log files (see link below). Your crashes might be caused by interference from another mod or maybe there's some KSP setting to bypass the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so, I'm trying to make a raw time alarm using KAC on a 1.8.1 install, but I'm having some really frustrating trouble setting it to a specific date. It seems to keep trying to autofill the fields, but in a really weird way, and I can't get the numbers I press on the keyboard into the actual boxes. An example of what I'm talking about:

Spoiler
  1. I start making an alarm, it defaults to the date (in this case) 2y 38d 11h 59m 57s
  2. I try to set it to 2y 20d 11h 59m 57s (in other words, replace the 38d with 20d), and so highlight the 38 and hit "2" "0"
  3. On hitting "2", the 38 is replaced with 5, and the 57s changes to 54s
  4. On hitting "0", the 5 becomes 53, and the 54s changes to 51s
  5. I hit backspace twice, to try to enter it again
  6. On the first backspace, 53 becomes 8 (rather than 5), and the 51s changes to 48s
  7. On the second backspace, the 8 becomes 3 (rather than either 0 or blank), and the 48s changes to 45s

I've had it mess with every single field in the date-entering section, from years to seconds.
Is this intended behavior? If not, I'll grab a log after restarting the game & trying to make a new alarm (so that you don't have to sift through hours' worth of irrelevant data).

Edited by Alex33212

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 9:07 AM, WearyJoe said:

Make sure that you don’t have any MiniAVC files.  Easy way to be sure is to install ZeroMiniAVC mod which deletes them

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to turn off the little fast forward arrows on maneuver nodes?   They initiate a max speed time warp which makes kerbalism freak out so I never use them, would love if they were not there.  Seems kind of outside the scope of the mod to my anyhow. 

17 hours ago, eberkain said:

Is there a way to turn off the little fast forward arrows on maneuver nodes?   They initiate a max speed time warp which makes kerbalism freak out so I never use them, would love if they were not there.  Seems kind of outside the scope of the mod to my anyhow. 

Yes, it's in the options. Off the top of my head can't remember which. Alarm type settings I think, Warp To

KAC is an absolute life saver (quite literally with respect to Kerbalkind, LOL). Thank you for building this!

Question: Is there an option to choose a different type of alarm sound? The default sound is probably my least favorite (not your fault) and I jump out of my skin every time it rings. LOL

I've seen one comment from someone saying that KAC works ok in 1.10.1, but has anyone had any issues with it?

I'm wondering because I'm getting occasional random crashes, and though the KSP.log file doesn't log an error, the last lines in it are from KAC, which as far as I know hasn't officially been vetted for 1.10.1.

[LOG 16:07:46.588] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KACFlight' from assembly 'KerbalAlarmClock'
[LOG 16:07:46.588] 8/28/2020 4:07:46 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Awakening the KerbalAlarmClock-KACFlight
[LOG 16:07:46.588] 8/28/2020 4:07:46 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Settings
[LOG 16:07:46.590] 8/28/2020 4:07:46 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Transfer Modelling Data
[LOG 16:07:46.616] 8/28/2020 4:07:46 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Transfer Modelling Data Load Complete
[LOG 16:07:46.616] 8/28/2020 4:07:46 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Sounds

[End of file]

This is from a relatively new game and I have not actually set any alarms yet, and the crash seems to happen at random.