[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

There is a minor mod conflict between Kerbal Alarm Clock and ModuleManager >= 2.3.1. Both plugins use "Alt+F11" as a shortcut in the spacecenter scene (KAC: toggle dialog, MM: show "reload/dump database dialog") . Is it possible to configure that shortcut somewhere? If not, could you make it configurable?

I had a Moho mission running in warp with a nice encounter set up, when KAC threw an "SOI catch" alarm. After closing the alarm, my encounter was lost. Any idea why? When I terminated the offending obsolete probe, I was able to warp normally to the encounter and enter orbit.

Output Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/axmq08ns7k23gk8/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by StrandedonEarth

I had a Moho mission running in warp with a nice encounter set up, when KAC threw an "SOI catch" alarm. After closing the alarm, my encounter was lost. Any idea why? When I terminated the offending obsolete probe, I was able to warp normally to the encounter and enter orbit.

Output Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/axmq08ns7k23gk8/output_log.txt?dl=0

The orbit issue is caused by KAC dropping you from high warp to 1x instantly - I thought I had all those sorted. If you have the "Throw alarm on background SOI Change " option enabled I highly recommend turning that off - if not let me know and I'll dig deeper

There is a minor mod conflict between Kerbal Alarm Clock and ModuleManager >= 2.3.1. Both plugins use "Alt+F11" as a shortcut in the spacecenter scene (KAC: toggle dialog, MM: show "reload/dump database dialog") . Is it possible to configure that shortcut somewhere? If not, could you make it configurable?

We should have a cage fight to work out which mod is tougher - "two mods enter, one mod leaves - lets get ready to rumbllllllllllleeeeee" . TBH that was in v1 and I forgot it was there till you mentioned it. Sadly its hard coded, but I'll make sure that's sorted for the next release.

BTW - I'll be away for about a week - so wont be answering stuff - not being rude :wink:

The orbit issue is caused by KAC dropping you from high warp to 1x instantly - I thought I had all those sorted. If you have the "Throw alarm on background SOI Change " option enabled I highly recommend turning that off -

Sure enough that fixed it, thanks. I think that was causing trouble with my Jool Tour too.

TriggerAu,

Hopefully you see this before you build.

Would it be possible to request a change to the folder structure to match that of ARP and TWP? That is put everything in a KAC folder.

I realize that requesting such a change can be a bit presumptuous, but I really think it is called for in this case. If you so choose not to, so be it. Your mod. Your rules.

TriggerAu,

Hopefully you see this before you build.

Would it be possible to request a change to the folder structure to match that of ARP and TWP? That is put everything in a KAC folder.

I realize that requesting such a change can be a bit presumptuous, but I really think it is called for in this case. If you so choose not to, so be it. Your mod. Your rules.

The folder structure matches for v3 - am tidying stuff up at the moment to try and get a dev release out now

v2 will probably get a simple check for the KSP 0.25 and then the new codebase from then on

v3 Beta is available

For those adventurous people there is a Beta available of the next major release - things going well the last v2 release will be with the next major release of KSP as well as a production release of v3 shortly thereafter.

Download from Github: https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/releases/tag/v3.0.0.2-beta

Important things to note:

• For v3 the alarms are stored in the KSP save file - no separate text file.
  • There is currently no alarm converter - so this version will not load your old alarms currently - it is on my list of things to do
  • You should not install this version alongside v2
  • The installation structure is different to v2 in that all of the mod is inside the KerbalAlarmClock folder - not in the TriggerTech folder
  • The documentation for this will be on a new website - hopefully tomorrow - with new installation pics too

The list of changes is below

• Ability to choose from 3 visual Skins
  • Alarm Saving - now in the games save file - only saves and loads on game/save and load
  • QuickAdd option for contextual Alarms
  • QuickAdd and Warp option
  • Added Kill Warp with No Message action and restructured buttons/code behind
  • Adjusted settings tabs to better layout options
  • API for Alarm Creation/Modification and events
  • App Launcher integration
  • this is now the default
  • Has input locking options for when mouse is over the panels - this prevents action groups from occuring when mouse is over windows
  • New Common Toolbar Wrapper - official one
  • Removed periodic save of alarms file now that alarms are in the save files
  • Screen clamping on main window
  • Sorted the multiline alarm display stuff
  • Window Resizing for better display
  • Font changes to make more readable
  • F11 keystroke disabled - can be reenabled via settings value
  • Restructure settings
  • Restructure plugin folders

I have a list of a few things that I want to get in here too, but haven't gotten it done yet - will add a list to the website of planned features

v3 Beta 4 is now available - https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/releases/tag/v3.0.0.4-beta

Has an alarm importer for v2 alarm files and also has the don't create SOI alarms for debris option in it

Alarm Import Instructions can be found here: http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/install.html

Ignore the incorrect front page :)

v3 Beta 4 is now available - https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/releases/tag/v3.0.0.4-beta

Has an alarm importer for v2 alarm files and also has the don't create SOI alarms for debris option in it

Alarm Import Instructions can be found here: http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/install.html

Ignore the incorrect front page :)

Installing now. Thanks a lot!

Feature request...

If you select "automatic SOI change alarms" then do it for all craft EXCEPT those marked as Debris.

Good point - is in v3 Beta 3 - out later today

Hold on a second. I purposefully ditch my debris once on a collision course during transfers, and follow the debris to the surface after the SOI change (which is also useful for seismographic impactor experiments I don't use, but others might) to ensure warp doesn't mess their orbits up to a non-collision or warp them through the target body. Besides the SOI alarm only appears when you transfer craft focus, random debris (and other objects) are ignored if not focused.

Does this default to present behaviour?

Edited by lipatden
dumbassery

Hold on a second. I purposefully ditch my debris once on a collision course during transfers, and follow the debris to the surface after the SOI change (which is also useful for seismographic impactor experiments I don't use, but others might) to ensure warp doesn't mess their orbits up to a non-collision or warp them through the target body. Besides the SOI alarm only appears when you transfer craft focus, random debris (and other objects) are ignored if not focused.

Does this default to present behaviour?

I think the default is that debris is excluded, but its a simple check box in the settings - once you change it you wont need to set it again if you maintain your settings file for each upgrade.

Happy to have people give me a quick response for what the default should be...

I think the default is that debris is excluded, but its a simple check box in the settings - once you change it you wont need to set it again if you maintain your settings file for each upgrade.

My opinion as a Game Developer IRL is you could have made this the default before shipping, but now it's in use by many people. It should default to a state that means people don't need to do anything at all when upgrading (to maintain the old behavior). In other words, I wish the default was "debris SOI off" but I think you need to make it "debris SOI on" by default and let me turn it off.

My opinion as a Game Developer IRL is you could have made this the default before shipping, but now it's in use by many people. It should default to a state that means people don't need to do anything at all when upgrading (to maintain the old behavior). In other words, I wish the default was "debris SOI off" but I think you need to make it "debris SOI on" by default and let me turn it off.

As its a beta release with very few downloads it should be safe to set it either way - I do usually maintain the previous experience when adding options, was just trying to fit this request in as quickly as possible.

Was hoping for more feedback today though and then I could set the "wanted" default in another release tonight :)

I don't care about the default, so long as it holds between updates like all the other settings.

Incidentally, is this supposed to include tracked asteroids? I recently had a nasty miss on an asteroid because I forgot speeding time acceleration would cause its orbit to jump when it entered Kerbin's SOI. This was before this update but was in the past couple weeks.

Edited by 5thHorseman

Was hoping for more feedback today though and then I could set the "wanted" default in another release tonight :)

Default to off, imo.

Potentially intrusive setting default to on. It's one of those setting that should be discovered as you explore the mod.

My two cents - default to exclude debris from SoI transfer alarms. If the small percentage of people who it affects want it, they can go looking for it.

Anyway, just a heads up - V3, with stock toolbar support, means it's inaccessible from the Tracking Station. Didn't I read somewhere that the App Launcher (ugh..) will be in the TS in 0.25? I hope that's the case. There's nothing really to fix or that can be done, except wait until KSP lets you show it there.

Is the problem I describe here plausibly caused by KAC?

In my experience KAC FIXES that problem by stopping you on every SOI change. Though as you describe you're not going through an SOI change so I don't know what it is.

I doubt KAC actually does anything to alter a ship's heading/orbit/whatever.

2.7.8.2 issue, haven't downloaded the v3 beta but it could still be present there. I accidentally clicked on the Earth Time display and it refused to stay closed when I dismissed it, popping back up every scene change. I had to go into the config file to re-disable it.

Is the problem I describe here plausibly caused by KAC?

The problem sounds like what happens if you jam KSP between levels of warp with no transition period. There is one feature in v2 of KAC that can cause this as mentioned here. Check if thats on. I'm also going to be reworking the KAC warp handler shortly to try and cater to higher warp levels as thats problematic too.

I suggest trying KAC3 which doesnt have that code in it - while its a Beta it is behaving quite well from all responses

2.7.8.2 issue, haven't downloaded the v3 beta but it could still be present there. I accidentally clicked on the Earth Time display and it refused to stay closed when I dismissed it, popping back up every scene change. I had to go into the config file to re-disable it.

Interesting one - will look at that shortly

• For v3 the alarms are stored in the KSP save file - no separate text file.
  • API for Alarm Creation/Modification and events

Woohoo!

I have a list of a few things that I want to get in here too, but haven't gotten it done yet - will add a list to the website of planned features

I haven't seen this feature mentioned, so I'll ask - will "automatic transfer alarms" will ever be an option? I always keep the all the Kerbin->Moho/Duna/Jool/etc transfer windows listed in KAC, and for places I have manned ships, I keep track of the return window (for example Duna -> Kerbin). It's mildly annoying to constantly re-add them after they expire.

I could see this being done one of two ways - one option is to have an "automatic transfer windows" option much like the "automatic SoI" option. Automatically populate alarms for transfer windows from one body to another. You'd have to select the source and destination windows planets. The GUI would probably be a mess.

Another option would be to have a check box for "renewable" alarms. When you reach a transfer window/Ap/Pe/closest point alarm, auto-recalculate for the next transfer window/Ap/Pe/closest point and create another alarm automatically, with the same options (message vs stop warp, attached to vessel, etc).

I don't know how hard either option would be, or if someone else could implement this via the API.