[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

I had an idea for a feature.  Would it be possible to get the Quick Add dialog added to the right click function of the App Launcher button.  Then we wouldn't even have open the main window, can't get much quicker than that.

27 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

Hey there

I'm trying to figure out the usefulness of the jump to ship and restore node function. I can't really find much information or use for it.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks

In the olden days KSP did not save nodes when switching to another vessel, so KAC offered a way to do so.

Now you might use it - depending on your settings of auto-updating alarms - as some kind of backup before playing around with your node and not liking the result.

24 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

In the olden days KSP did not save nodes when switching to another vessel, so KAC offered a way to do so.

Now you might use it - depending on your settings of auto-updating alarms - as some kind of backup before playing around with your node and not liking the result.

Ah ok. So set the alert, then muck about with the node. If I stuff it up, just jump ships and restore the node, and I'll get the original one back that was saved when I set the alarm?

Could be handy. I stuff up a lot :/

3 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

Ah ok. So set the alert, then muck about with the node. If I stuff it up, just jump ships and restore the node, and I'll get the original one back that was saved when I set the alarm?

That might not be 100% how it works, as KAC also updates the alarms while you edit the node - you would need to fiddle with the settings a bit, because I never used it that way really, just a thought that it could be used that way.

19 hours ago, strudo76 said:

19 hours ago, KerbMav said:

That might not be 100% how it works, as KAC also updates the alarms while you edit the node - you would need to fiddle with the settings a bit, because I never used it that way really, just a thought that it could be used that way.

no need to jump ship

just press restore node

i use it often

On 5/15/2016 at 7:59 PM, Trann said:

Ah!  You may want to edit the ReadMe-KerbalAlarmClock.txt and change the name of the file listed there (this is why I was looking for config.xml). 8)  Much thanks!

@TriggerAu This is still a "Little Things" issue. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A feature that I would find useful "Show the next n instances of a repeating alarm".   I use a repeating alarm to define when I can launch (kind of a poor man's KCT), and being able to see future occurrences would allow me to plan ahead better.

5 hours ago, DerekL1963 said:

A feature that I would find useful "Show the next n instances of a repeating alarm".   I use a repeating alarm to define when I can launch (kind of a poor man's KCT), and being able to see future occurrences would allow me to plan ahead better.

FYI, the dev version of KCT for 1.3 is stable as far as I've used it.

3 hours ago, Zapo147 said:

Anyone know anything about KAC having RPM integration? 

KAC has a very good interface for other mods to talk to it, and RPM uses some of that interface to allow an IVA maker to create props or MFD pages that report whether there are active alarms for the current vessel, along with more detail about the next scheduled alarm.  However, RPM does not allow anything more advanced than that, because RPM's architecture makes it challenging to implement.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen this asked around, but still didn't find a comprehensible solution. Sorry if I missed it.

Any way to make KAC compatible with Kronometer? if not, what's the best way to add new "Calendars" to the dropdown selection?

Thanks in advance!

Is there a way to change to default length of the Raw Alarm option shown when you click the "+" button. The default time is 10 mins and I'd like to change it to 5 days

(I'm imposing a 5 day minimum between launches and this would be a really easy way to advance 5 days)

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Tyko said:

Is there a way to change to default length of the Raw Alarm option shown when you click the "+" button. The default time is 10 mins and I'd like to change it to 5 days

(I'm imposing a 5 day minimum between launches and this would be a really easy way to advance 5 days)

Thanks!

I don't see anything in the settings UI specifically for raw alarms but you could set up a repeating raw alarm to get an alarm to go off every 5 days (although I'd suggest changing the cadence later in game since even a simple flight to Minmus takes longer than that). 

Edited by Aelfhe1m

2 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

I don't see anything in the settings UI specifically for raw alarms but you could set up a repeating raw alarm to get an alarm to go off every 5 days

Though my cadence is slower, this is exactly what I do - set up a repeating alarm.

12 hours ago, Tyko said:

What cadence do you use?

5 launches/yr at the beginning (426/5=85 days between launches), increasing every 3rd year until I hit 10 launches/yr.   Slow at the start, then ramping up as my simulated infrastructure is built out.  As always, YMMV.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2017 at 10:59 AM, Yakvi said:

I've seen this asked around, but still didn't find a comprehensible solution. Sorry if I missed it.

Any way to make KAC compatible with Kronometer? if not, what's the best way to add new "Calendars" to the dropdown selection?

Thanks in advance!

Any word on if KAC and TWP will be supporting Kronometer at some point in the future? Seems like scaled systems are becoming pretty popular.

Thanks for the great work :) 

• 3 weeks later...

So i keep going crashed between scene loads usually after 4 or so, and now the  finger of blame is pointing here.....

a quick search has suggested the this is a known issue, so here are my logs if they help and if someone knows who is looking at this can they be pointed to the logs. Much thanks for the mods regardless, this is a major part of my kerbals not dying!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptb9za2bu0xo5ye/output_log.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9942ok630d8acqj/KSP.log?dl=0

Edited by Space Kadet