TriggerAu

[1.9.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 26)

Recommended Posts

@TriggerAu: Two new PRs for you. One cleaning up warnings, the other fixing bogus input locking. There's still a problem with tooltips showing incorrectly when a key is pressed, but they don't cause ships to crash into the ground :) (bogus input locks blocking my throttle did cause a crash).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having issues with the settings menu. I can't switch between types in the specifics menu

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a problem where the window only shows one alarm at a time instead of expanding the size of the window to show all of them at once, requiring me to scroll thru the list. Is there a setting I can change or something to have it show all of the alarms? I'm on KSP 1.6

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

odd. I initially thought of the minimize button, but it doesn't allow scrolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this version is bugged. The drop down menus don’t work properly. 99% of the time when you click something in them it does nothing but change the text. The menus or setting stays exactly the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm rolling back to an old version to see if it works or if my mod install is buggered to hell. Takes like 15 minutes to load though so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frostiken said:

I'm rolling back to an old version to see if it works or if my mod install is buggered to hell. Takes like 15 minutes to load though so...

 Did you try restarting the game 2 times?

 Also, if you are running steam, verify the files and try again.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

 Did you try restarting the game 2 times?

 Also, if you are running steam, verify the files and try again.

*shrug* 

I definitely started the game more than ONCE to see if the UI switch 'stuck'. It didn't. I also knew I had to do that (but I also thought that ridiculous bug was fixed with 1.6.1) to get mods working in general, but not TWICE.

 

I just copy-pasted my KAC from v.3.9.1.0 and it works perfectly fine complete with UI switching and Blizzy integration.

I don't have time right now to troubleshoot the new version of KAC but from an end-user perspective, the latest version is hopelessly broken, while old versions work fine. Not very helpful, but take that for what you will. I couldn't even drag-expand the KAC window in the new version either.

Edited by Frostiken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, for now I'm using KSP 1.5.1 (assuming lastest KSP 1.6.1 isn't enough mature / too recent for modding).

For KSP 1.5.1, what's the version of Kerbal Alarm Clock do you recommend? v3.10.0.0 (but compiled for KSP 1.6.0), or previous v3.9.1.0 (designed for KSP 1.4.1)?

Many thanks in advance for recommendations - I'm not too familiar about modding, and I'm prudent guy ;)

Greetings from France. Dominique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DomiKamu said:

Hi, for now I'm using KSP 1.5.1 (assuming lastest KSP 1.6.1 isn't enough mature / too recent for modding).

For KSP 1.5.1, what's the version of Kerbal Alarm Clock do you recommend? v3.10.0.0 (but compiled for KSP 1.6.0), or previous v3.9.1.0 (designed for KSP 1.4.1)?

Many thanks in advance for recommendations - I'm not too familiar about modding, and I'm prudent guy ;)

Greetings from France. Dominique.

I switched over to 3.10 while still on 1.5.1 and it worked perfectly. Realized yesterday that the most version-dependent mods I use are all caught up and the others can work just fine, so you may want to start looking into your new build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

I switched over to 3.10 while still on 1.5.1 and it worked perfectly. Realized yesterday that the most version-dependent mods I use are all caught up and the others can work just fine, so you may want to start looking into your new build.

Thank you very much, I've tried it (a bit) and it seems to work like a charm! it's an excellent news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 4:16 PM, Frostiken said:

Having a problem - I can't switch between GUI styles, or put KAC on Blizzy's Toolbar.

Just confirming the same issue with 1.6 and the latest KAC. Double restarting didn't help, but using v.3.9.1.0 worked. Not a great fix for me, as I needed the Kronometer fix for my rescaled game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just posted a new issue on GITHub for it only displaying one alarm (non-minimized) with a scrollbar no matter how many the settings say to display (currently set to 5, but it was at 15 when I started troubleshooting it again today).  v3.10.0.0 on 1.6.1, but I saw the same behavior on 1.6.0 with this version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KSP v1.6.1, KAC 3.10.0.0

I'm having similar and numerous problems with KAC, as described above, in a heavily moded game.  Functionality is inconsistent at best; sometimes things work, mostly mostly they don't.  To highlight a few:

  1. Not registering properly with Blizzy Toolbar or ToolBar Controller;
  2. Toolbar icon appearing near the upper left corner and although it responds to clicks, the icon can't be moved.
  3. KAC icon not appearing on the stock toolbar when setting changed;
  4. Style changes not functioning;
  5. Some menu selections not responding, e.g. I can use the buttons (General, Specific, Audio, etc.) and within those functions dropdown lists display their options but the selected functionality is inconsistent, if at all;
  6. Limited alarm display in the KAC window;
  7. Audio files won't play and are difficult to select; and
  8. The KAC window text appears less distinct than in previous versions.

To reproduce, install KAC v3.10 in KSP v1.6.1.

I've removed KAC via CKAN, and deleted the remaining directory elements, then reinstalled without improvement.

I reverted to KAC 3.9.1 manual install and functionality restored, although it still doesn't appear in Toolbar Controller.

Edited by Brigadier
Clarifications

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Not registering properly with Blizzy Toolbar or ToolBar Controller; 

Toolbar Controller only lists mods which actually implement the Toobar Controller, which is not the case here ;) Blizzys works fine for me though...after switching from stock to blizzys toolbar in the KAC settings, I was able to select the button there.

Most of the other stuff works fine for me as well, I can just confirm no.2 on your list but I haven't used this button in KAC 3.9.1 so no clue if it actually should be moveable. Not sure about no.8 though, have to compare it.

35 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I've removed KAC via CKAN, and deleted the remaining directory elements, then reinstalled without improvement. 

Did you delete the CKAN cache file for KAC as well or tried a manual install? Maybe it's just the downloaded .zip which got corrupted but without removing the mod from the cache, CKAN will not download the mod again and just installs the same .zip file again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Toolbar Controller only lists mods which actually implement the Toobar Controller, which is not the case here ;) Blizzys works fine for me though...after switching from stock to blizzys toolbar in the KAC settings, I was able to select the button there.

That makes sense, but I'll swear that it was there before, even once under 3.10.  I had a hard time getting KAC to move to the toolbar because the options would not work.

9 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Did you delete the CKAN cache file for KAC as well or tried a manual install? Maybe it's just the downloaded .zip which got corrupted but without removing the mod from the cache, CKAN will not download the mod again and just installs the same .zip file again.

No, neither deleted the cache nor tried a manual install.  I'll give it a try after I save the 3.0.1 config file.

Edited by Brigadier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, Brigadier said:

8 - The KAC window text appears less distinct than in previous versions.

10 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Not sure about no.8 though, have to compare it.

I can confirm that the text is slightly blurred. It looks like the window has been scaled up a bit and the scaling is causing the text to be blurry. The window is definitely larger and blurrier than it has been in previous builds

  • The top picture show the old KAC panel in 1.5.1. - note the text is sharper and the overall window is smaller when compared to the KSP window directly above
  • The bottom pic shows current KAC panel in 1.6.1

iY7shec.png

 

Edited by Tyko
Removed a picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tyko I can definitly see the difference in your screenshots and indeed, your KAC window looks like it is scaled up. Buttons and text seem to be bigger but when I compare it to mine, KAC 3.10 still looks fine and more like your 3.9.1 version. I'm playing on 2560x1440 with no UI scaling, maybe that's the difference?

H3Qt1LN.png

edit: here is also one from KSP 1.5.1 with KAC 3.9.1
Jea3Zno.png

I don't really see a difference in my case :o

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@4x4cheesecake I have the exact same scaling applied to both games. I'm also using 2560x1440 and have a 120% UI scale, but that's consistent for both screen shots I sent. In fact, the I'd copied my entire Settings over, so I'm 100% sure they're using the exact same settings.

If this is what @Brigadier was reporting above I'm not the only one.

Edited by Tyko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tyko said:

If this is what @Brigadier was reporting above I'm not the only one.

It is.  However, I've scaled my UI down to 90% at 1920x1080 so, although no other UI element (stock or mod) suffers from this, it may be the cause.  Odd that KAC 3.9.1.0 displays crisply when 3.10.0.0 doesn't under the same conditions.

I would like to investigate more but I'd rather keep playing now that I've resolved the KAC functionality problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brigadier said:

It is.  However, I've scaled my UI down to 90% at 1920x1080 so, although no other UI element (stock or mod) suffers from this, it may be the cause.  Odd that KAC 3.9.1.0 displays crisply when 3.10.0.0 doesn't under the same conditions.

I would like to investigate more but I'd rather keep playing now that I've resolved the KAC functionality problem.

LOL...you actually get to "play" KSP?  I remember a time before I started messing with mods when I used to play the actual game  :D 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.