Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

Anyone else had a docked jet vanish off the deck?

I'm sure I didn't hit end flight, just went back to carrier and it not there (wasn't in tracking station either).

I have had a cold past 3 days and on cold medicine...but I'm sure I didn't hit end flight...perty sure.

edit: my graphics are turned down a tad atm, but figured I'd show ya my added landing lights (from Lack Luster)

6qkOQ2g.png

I need all the help I can get lol

Edited by KhaosCorp
pics

if it was properly docked there is no way for it to disappear as it essentially becomes the carrier. Watch the video segments in the guide that I just added... it'll show you some examples.

Now if it was sitting on the deck.... then it's bye bye birdie! :)

This is the fault of how KSP saves or should I say chooses to save objects. They never intended for things to be landed on something splashed... therein lies the challenge, the solution till something better comes along is to dock, and merge with the carrier.

This is also why all quick key assignments should be on separate keys from Aircraft/vehicles to the carrier. So activating the engine on the carrier shouldn't be starting the docked aircraft engines.

Edited by InfiniteDice

Ive crashed as many on the deck =P only landed 1 so far....and I crashed into it

Oops! Come in sloooowly and with the hook down, throttle only on the 1st line, that's just enough to keep you in the air.

Did damage make it into this release? I've been crashing SRB's into my carrier, and nothing has happened!

The Damage system will be a whole 'nother level of fun... but that's not for a while.

Crash a carrier into the side of another carrier at full speed and see what happens. :)

My first time trying to dock on the aircraft carrier. It's over the docking port, the arrows are both pointing the same direction the back landing thing is down and up, but i have no clue what to do next. anyone know what to do.

and yes i have looked at the presentation on how to dock but it's slightly confusing.

My first time trying to dock on the aircraft carrier. It's over the docking port, the arrows are both pointing the same direction the back landing thing is down and up, but i have no clue what to do next. anyone know what to do.

and yes i have looked at the presentation on how to dock but it's slightly confusing.

The guide has video links, did you try those? There really is not much to it... the only thing that would stop it from working is if the aircraft dock it too high from the carrier dock. In some cases you need to re-configure the aircraft's height a tiny bit.

hey guys fantastic mod! absolutely brilliant, i was just wondering though, do you think you could include a tutorial of sorts, on how to build a successful carrier? i got so confused with which piece goes where! :S

hey guys fantastic mod! absolutely brilliant, i was just wondering though, do you think you could include a tutorial of sorts, on how to build a successful carrier? i got so confused with which piece goes where! :S

Thanks jokamo...

I will be making one, but for now:

1) Start with the large quarter segments under structural. Lay down all the lefts... then all the rights. I'd use maybe one strut per hull part.

1b) add the engines on top of the floating hull... tie them down with 1 strut each... they are heavy so distribute them evenly.

2) add the bow and stern.

3) for every upper structure on the carrier I tied them together with one of the smaller shiny super struts. I didn't even need to use that many but the carrier with the mod is super strong, max speed at 4x with 0 part deviation ... I wish I had that 6 months ago!

4) try to add the flight deck and the hangar in solid lengths! this might seem hard but attach something to the ship someplace and then attach all the flight deck sections to one another... then take the completed flight deck and snap it in the proper place on the carrier. This is why no wheels fall through the deck... it'll be perfect.

5) add the tower, the arrestor, guard rails, docking ports and rudders last.

6) test and repeat.

Look at the included carrier for ideas, pull it apart and see how it was made.

New aircraft .craft file posted in the opening post of the thread. I cleaned it up and made it for those who have a hard time landing... it flies well, and lands even better due to the larger airbrake it has in the landing system.

Wasp Naval Mk1

• Takeoff speed: under 70m/s

• landing speed: between 26 and 40 m/s

• On landing keep throttle below 50%

• Try not to land on the nose gear... I've reinforced it but cockpits will break if there is too much landing force on them.

I downloaded R3 from the spaceport and the entire parts subdirectory inside IDCrane (specifically the file IDSwingCrane) is missing , and therefore the game will not load (unless these files are archived and I'm being stupid). I see a reference to a fix-file on the spacesport page but where is this fix file?

Edited by Ich Dien

Here's the pic.

That isn't how linking works. those files are on your local hard drive, which is in no way accessible via the internet, regardless of which direction the slashes are pointing. You need to upload to the files to a image hosting site like Imgur.com and then paste the direct link they provide you inside the %7Boption%7D tags. Unless you fancy hosting your own web-server.

Edited by Ich Dien

I downloaded R3 from the spaceport and the entire parts subdirectory inside IDCrane (specifically the file IDSwingCrane) is missing , and therefore the game will not load (unless these files are archived and I'm being stupid). I see a reference to a fix-file on the spacesport page but where is this fix file?

The crane should load but to use requires the Infernal robotics fork of Damned Robotics https://github.com/chrisphillips/DRobotics-for-Kerbal-0.20.2