Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

Aren't the missles supposed to damage?

j32lfag.jpg

There was a rover , 200 m away

EDIT: And apparently the "Grasshopper" "King narwhal" and Minisub havei nvalid parts.

There is an error that spawns every time the ship loads, I'm still trying to track it down. It doesn't spam but it shows up in the log once. It doesn't seem to affect the ships in any way.

The missiles do damage! The fragments are randomized with smaller targets it's harder to get a good hit 1/2 the time. Think of them as area effect weapons, like a grenade. These are not pinpoint accuracy weapons like roms missiles... nor do they obliterate everything within a defined area like rom's missiles. I like that 'chance' something could survive... :)

Further to this, I made the module for the missile totally changeable in the cfg.... you can alter how the missile explodes shotgun pattern or omni.... and how heavy and large the fragments are. Also the distance from the target at which the missile detonates will affect it's spread. A shotgun pattern with a further detonation distance will spread the damage over a larger area. An omni burst with a detonation range closer to the target will make for a tighter damage area.

You should be able to get the effect you're looking for by playing with the settings a bit.

Hope this helps.

Edited by InfiniteDice

So... you have no solution to the bug where the carrier spawns in a black void, seemingly 3700m below the surface, tumbling slowly and rising between 1.0 and 3.0 m/s upwards?

This is with KSP 0.22 career with the Narwhal carrier that comes with the pack.

I'm having the same problem. there's no lag, it just seems to be sending the ship to the wrong location instead of the proper position near the shore. I even launched a 1-part ship (just the con tower) and it went to exactly the same spot, ~3500m underground at a spot about the same distance due west from the runway spawn as the proper water spawn is due east.

A quick peek at the .cfg for the con tower shows this:

MODULE
{
name= BoatInterface
moveAtLaunch = true
timeLockFix = 5 //change this if you're having issues getting to the water. Set higher...
hornActive = true
launchPosition = -2294.581, 7.605, -3458.309
}

Any chance that launch position is causing the problem? What is the correct launch position, if different?

My aircraft carrier seems to be glitched. I launch it from the airstrip, and all it does is say "Moving to the water" and nothing happens. But when something does happen, usually ends it debris and 6 dead kerbals. I'd like to see this patched please

My aircraft carrier seems to be glitched. I launch it from the airstrip, and all it does is say "Moving to the water" and nothing happens. But when something does happen, usually ends it debris and 6 dead kerbals. I'd like to see this patched please

First you'll want to try searching this thread for the exact issue and how to fix it...

After you're done with that, go into your "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Firespitter\Parts\Utility\FS_moveCraftGadget\" directory, open the part.cfg file in a text editor, text editor for money, any old text will do...go all the way to the end of the file, and you'll see "timer = 4.0" roll some D's on it cuz true ballers should set it to "timer = 8.0" cuz thats how we roll while flashing Macs on the Lag, yo.

Any chance that launch position is causing the problem? What is the correct launch position, if different?

Hey Captain Vulture, check out the user manual - first post of this thread. There is a way to calibrate a new launch position, just don't do it too far from the ksc.

Also be sure you copied over the original dlls in the r3 directory, the only launches to the bottom I've seen were when the game changed versions.

Hey, I see to be having an issue with adding parts onto the craft. I've constructed a small crane, using KAS and a hinge (from Infernal Robotics I think). It works fine normally, however when placed on the carrier it causes issues. The carrier loads in the ocean fine, but then when the "moving to water" text appears the carrier immediately starts rocking, it normally balances quickly but the crane pieces go crazy pulling away from the boat until they rip off, normally landing in the ocean or on the deck. It doesn't seem to be the rocking that destroys the crane, it works fine if the carrier has no crane.

Hey, I see to be having an issue with adding parts onto the craft. I've constructed a small crane, using KAS and a hinge (from Infernal Robotics I think). It works fine normally, however when placed on the carrier it causes issues. The carrier loads in the ocean fine, but then when the "moving to water" text appears the carrier immediately starts rocking, it normally balances quickly but the crane pieces go crazy pulling away from the boat until they rip off, normally landing in the ocean or on the deck. It doesn't seem to be the rocking that destroys the crane, it works fine if the carrier has no crane.

Hard to say BBQ... I tried a few tests with KAS winches and so long as they weren't being operated they were fine. When I tried lifting a heavy vehicle onto the deck the winched object began to flail around like a mad shark on a fishing line... then bad things happened.

I'm not sure what causes it, KAS likely does some things that my code doesn't like - or vice versa.

Wait till the new game update comes out. I expect some code changes will take place with all mods, we'll reconvene and if the issues still exists maybe I can pinpoint what is causing it.

Cheers.

Hard to say BBQ... I tried a few tests with KAS winches and so long as they weren't being operated they were fine. When I tried lifting a heavy vehicle onto the deck the winched object began to flail around like a mad shark on a fishing line... then bad things happened.

I'm not sure what causes it, KAS likely does some things that my code doesn't like - or vice versa.

Wait till the new game update comes out. I expect some code changes will take place with all mods, we'll reconvene and if the issues still exists maybe I can pinpoint what is causing it.

Cheers.

It doesn't seem to be KAS which is causing the issue - rather just the presence of the structure aboard the vessel. I'm going to try just attaching some large stock constructions today and see if that works. In which case it may be the hinges causing the issue.

Also, is there a reason why the arrestor wire is so close to the back of the carrier? I was really struggling to put the craft down in the tiny area before it and moving it about 1/3 forward has made it a lot easier to land. I was considering putting it at the front of the carrier which would make landing very easy (although you'd need to remember to turn off the hook when taking off).

Edit: Stock stuff seems to stay on, but bounces around like crazy, even with struts.

Edited by bbqroast

I've watched all your demo videos and from my unenlightened point of view they look done as of two months ago. Is there an ETA? I'm waiting for a war!

I didn't see an ETA, But when it does come, it will be worth it :D

And Infinite is also working on some naval guns (If i remember rightly) That look pretty darn good, when everything is released, i'm going to invade airport island >:D

Haven't been here in a while, but I just came up with a real life inspiration for overwhelming your CIWS turrets... specifically from LIG Nex1 and the ROK navy. A massed naval mlrs archer missile strike followed up by a Taurus Missile strike.