Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

how the heck did u get the carrier to shoot at you????

I actually have no clue....but Id guess radar. All US naval carriers currently in sevice have AA systems that are 100% operated by computer radar.

I had even mentioned something about VADS system in response to those pics. I plan on making some models for the 30mm when they are released.

also....

On a seperate note, only have a few more bugs to work out of RATO system, then some textures and I will probably be ready to post em.

how the heck did u get the carrier to shoot at you????

Is this in response to the video? I have another video as well shooting down Lazor missiles.

In my spare time I'm working on another part of the damage system that will plug into the carrier parts nicely. This new part is a gun component which will allow for everything from machine guns, to auto-cannons and even larger naval gun turrets.

Right now I have static guns that can be placed inside wings, or into nose cones, a CIWS gun that is a turret that is fully functional - utilizing an IFF system that will shoot at 'enemy' aircraft. This CIWS also detects missiles and objects without an IFF tag and attempts to destroy them as well. In addition to all that goodness, it has a built in safeguard that stops the gun from shooting it's own vessel, so it'll only take the shot if it has clear line of sight. :)

Lastly... I just put together a double mount 14" warship turret. It has rotation and elevation that works under manual control only right now.

All of this sits on a chunk of code I've written up that will allow other people to mod up new guns in blender/3ds and import into unity, then following a guide I'll make they'll be able to get it working and make a cfg to suit any gun platform they want. I will of course include at least one gun of each type supported so it can be used right out of the box.

I'll post some pics of the turret later.

I had a question regarding modeling new guns, a rather simple one. Do the barrels need to be hollow? If so how deep ( from barrel tip) does the bore need to be?

Based on your vids I think a perfect platform for your weapon systems is gonna be the A-10 (or as close as can be made in KSP), so was thinking my first gun should be the 6barrel nose cannon those use.

InfiniteDice, I'm definitely looking forwards to the CIWS, IFF and damage system.

Just something to think about for the distant future - certain prolific KSP players (such as EnterElysium) may have Kerbal vessels from two or more opposing factions. Would it be possible to add to the IFF system adjustable frequencies or identifiers?

InfiniteDice, I'm definitely looking forwards to the CIWS, IFF and damage system.

Just something to think about for the distant future - certain prolific KSP players (such as EnterElysium) may have Kerbal vessels from two or more opposing factions. Would it be possible to add to the IFF system adjustable frequencies or identifiers?

Yes that would be possible.

hdasuhsghuhbkdhsdjkahdskajdhsdkakjdhdjkadhadlkahjdikajshdaskdjhksah. CANNONS the world will be engulfed with flames mwuhahahaha

i have been waiting and dreaming of the day i could make battle ships in ksp and here is proof it is possible.

Well a few more issues solved, so here we have 4 dual turret mounts all firing at the same time. Down range you can see eight 1.25 mass projectiles flying out to meet the water... Just wait till I get the recoil code and fire FX added, that should look super cool! On the top of this impromptu 'battlecruiser' a CIWS just to help with any sudden air attacks!

9jq51w.png

Edited by InfiniteDice

Looks amazing!

Looking at that pic i cant help but recall images of WWII navy, the height of the destroyer class. Gun turrets stacked on deck to the point each one hardly has room to fire. Makes me wonder.....how make 14inchers can I get on one of these before it sinks due to weight =)

Will be fun and interesting to see all the crazy destroyer and cruiser class ships people make, the various methods people come up with for stacking deck guns and such.

Any suggestions for placement of 'enemy base'? I was setting up on those 3 little islands, but to close.

Looks amazing!

Looking at that pic i cant help but recall images of WWII navy, the height of the destroyer class. Gun turrets stacked on deck to the point each one hardly has room to fire. Makes me wonder.....how make 14inchers can I get on one of these before it sinks due to weight =)

Will be fun and interesting to see all the crazy destroyer and cruiser class ships people make, the various methods people come up with for stacking deck guns and such.

Any suggestions for placement of 'enemy base'? I was setting up on those 3 little islands, but to close.

Take off from the KSC, veer left about 35 degrees and fly for 10 minutes... there is a larger island out that way.

Take off from the KSC, veer left about 35 degrees and fly for 10 minutes... there is a larger island out that way.

I have never taken a close look at that island for some reason. Did a flyover in a shark and its perfect!! Thank you sir.

Just a quick question. Will the cannons be fired through staging or will they have their own GUI?

You can assign them keys. The turret rotations might have a gui or something simple. Staging works with decoupler weapons... this is not a decoupler weapon, it has internal ammo counts.

must have space battle ship yamato ksp style I need 18'' guns can you code that siz also can you send me a link to code I am going to make the dyj minigun texture and system work If it kills me

Edited by halo fan 117
wrong spelling

must have space battle ship yamato ksp style I need 18'' guns can you code that siz also can you send me a link to code I am going to make the dyj minigun texture and system work If it kills me

Could I have a copy of the fix? :P