Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

Yes but these will actually be able to go underwater as we are currently working on removing the camera block that stops you from being able to see underwater. As well as a few other things.

Ping! Ping! Ping! Sonar, I hope? Submarine navigation entirely via instruments and IVA could be a challenge in and of itself.

The Lazer mod lends itself well to a periscope, btw.

Who said anything about arming submarines? We haven't made anything that "IS" a weapon at all yet we have made ships that carry weapons but we have made nothing weaponized ourselves.

'tis true, you haven't made weapons yet. You just gleefully give us the hulls and we fill them up to the brim with both cobbled together and purpose built munitions. And I bet you guys get a laugh out of just how overboard we go on the armaments, no?

I'm going to see if I can get a wildly improbable underwater base to Laythe without cheats. I wonder if theres a way to make it so that Kerbalnauts can actually stay at the bottom and not immediately shoot up and die....

I've pulled the mod from spaceport till I have the time to go over it, no point having people download it while it's broken. I may wait till R3 is done, which is still moving forward on a daily basis. It'll be done when it's done! :)

Hey Guys, seems the thread is a total loss. I have some historic photos showing the evolution of the mod, I'll upload those and try to re-create this opening thread from memory when I get the chance.

For new visitors:

1) Download from SpacePort HERE

2) Download this little fix file and overwrite where needed. LATEST FIX

3) Make sure you have the Vanguard Plugin - this is still required until I release R3.

OPTIONAL: Deadbeef's hangar expansion mod... not needed but makes editing the carrier in the SPH much easier! Get it here

I will continue to restore information as I get the time.

Can it be that some parts are missing, ? The first link doesn´t work.

See dice's post above yours

Thanks Capt.

To be sure, progress is being made. Like harvesters note regarding development, things get slower the further along you get. More things added means more things to double check, since things may interact differently under various situations.

Just when you think you have everything sorted out, something tends to come back and bite when you least expect it.

Just so you guys can have an idea of what I've been up to...

From the very beginning Boat parts have had a few issues. 1) lag - ships are large, this means usually having many parts to build one. This is why stock part boats suck, and the reason for my creating Boat Parts in the first place. 2) world interaction - Boats don't fly, boats don't usually fall apart easily unless you are talking about racing boats, or wooden boats. Making ships not fly in KSP is a challenge as we all know that things get really strange and floaty at times. Further to this is the fact that water doesn't really behave like water in the game. Yes parts float on it... but you can toss any fluid dynamics out the window.

Trial and error is essentially what it takes to find solutions (workarounds) to some of these issues. I've spent crazy time on this and it's coming along.

The one issue I had was with the ship hitting land and flying up into the air. This has been solved for the most part, not saying it can't happen but it should be now greatly reduced.

Another issue was controlling floatation, not only is this needed for load leveling, but also for damage, and damage control simulation (for later). Now I have a ship which we can balance each section to float exactly how we want. Goodbye splashing parts! Goodbye lag!

The current carrier I'm testing with is the KCVN Grasshopper Mk2, it's still large and can easily hold more than enough aircraft. It can move at 40+ m/s at 4x warp, without any deformation, wobble, or splashing. Only slight load leveling and trim setting is needed and it's pretty much 'hands free' right across the ocean.

Since summer is upon me, that means reduced computer time. Some days I can get 8 hours in, some days nothing. On average perhaps 2 hours a night now for mod development. Since R3 is so close to being finished, and I really want everyone to have it, I'm considering scaling back a few of the 'bonus' stuff I had planned and stick to the basics. To get this done I need about 5 textures made and some models tweaked.

So when it's done it's done, but I really want to get this out sooner before summer eats up all my time.

Later guys! I will post some pics tonight.

Thanks Capt.

Since summer is upon me, that means reduced computer time. Some days I can get 8 hours in, some days nothing. On average perhaps 2 hours a night now for mod development. Since R3 is so close to being finished, and I really want everyone to have it, I'm considering scaling back a few of the 'bonus' stuff I had planned and stick to the basics. To get this done I need about 5 textures made and some models tweaked.

So when it's done it's done, but I really want to get this out sooner before summer eats up all my time.

Later guys! I will post some pics tonight.

what kinda bonus stuff like the subs. o please not the subs we all want the subs

The wait is killing me! Not literally, but I really want to see all these performance boosts and these new parts, so anxious!

I concur=P

this one and kethane are only 2 left im waiting on update (well, and DR, but seems like that may be awhile)

I don't so much use this mod as an aircraft carrier, mainly due to my inability to land anything useful on runway that size (not that the old one was small by any means, im just not so great a pilot...) but they make great tankerships and refueling hops for my airships

Just be patient guys we are working on getting it ready as well as at 1 other pack of parts and things that you will be able to use! So Just give us time and it will be done, tested, and released Soonâ„¢

Just be patient guys we are working on getting it ready as well as at 1 other pack of parts and things that you will be able to use! So Just give us time and it will be done, tested, and released Soonâ„¢

Yall take all the time you need, we just showing our support for an awesome mod, not trying to rush you =P