Make a seperate category for mods parts?

Fiddlestyx

Is it possible to make a separate category for all the modded parts in the game? For instance in the VAB you have the category's for "Pods, Propulsion, Control, etc..." I would like to add a category for Mod Parts, so that I can keep everything organized (OCD I know).

Can any tell me if it's possible, where I would have to start to make this or if maybe there is already an add-on for this (didn't find any).

Thanks in advance

I think that ksp are going to add some sorting or additional catagories in the VAB in a future release. Thier have been posts that suggest renaming part files just depends how far your ocd is willing to go.

for example RCS these are both RCS but because the naming convention isnt standadized they appear in the "Control" in order of Alpha character by "name"

yawmaster is prefixed with NP_ in the part name and so appears before RCSblock.

// --- general parameters ---

name = NP_YMRCSBlockHeavy

module = Part

author = Sunday Punch || Straight Chillen

// --- general parameters ---

name = RCSBlock

module = Part

author = NovaSilisko

And so to have the RCSblock appear before Yawmaster you could edit the part name of the "NP_YMRCSBlockHeavy" to read "YMRCSBlockHeavy" and it would now be listed after the part "RCSblock".

Edited by RockStar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.