Old versions of KSP (some versions still wanted!)

xorg

Can KasperVld create a new thread for this, I mean he ran the original thread (if I remember correctly) so I assume he has the old versions on hand?

Up to 0.13.3 the game was free and as such there was no demo. Since 0.14 the demo version was 0.13.3 until it was replaced by the current demo (0.18.3). As for the dead links I suggest you PM the OP :)

• 2 weeks later...

Damn I started with KSP a few weeks after the site/forum was launched. I don't even know how I discovered ksp...

But I kept the old versions because I like collecting stuff even when you don't do a thing with it.

Around 0.11 I just deleted those old versions for no reason... but I still kept the next versions after it. (except 0.12 for some unknown reason).

Now I see that 0.8.3 is missing I'm like 'why did I do that?!'. :(

I know the paid version can't be shared, not going to request them either. But it's fun to see those 0.14, 0.14.2 and 0.14.4 zips in my ksp folder.

It reminds me to the testing releases Squad had at that time. It's great to remember both the fun and the chaos on the forums with all those bug reports way back then. :P

Oh and thanks everyone for sharing there old zips. Now I've almost got my old collection back. Plus some builds from before I discovered ksp.

This is going to be fun! ^^

Edit: I still have all the custom parts I downloaded. I see I have parts dating from July 2011. Good old times!

Edit 2: I also found 3 of the pre-versions of the Kerbal theme that one of the devs posted long time ago (I think HarvesteR?).

I've 'kerbalTheme1', 'kerbalTheme2' and 'kerbalTheme2_2' all three in mp3.

The files dates are 29 November 2011.

Could I share that? Or does that break ©?

Edited by Blinkin

• 1 month later...
I hope this doesn't count as a necropost since there's apparently still interest in it, but I have a copy of 0.7.3 that's completely unmodified.

Well just go ahead and post it here for now. OP can answer later!

Yes, please do! I'm definitely interested.

In addition, it would be nice to have a way to play the newer versions (post-0.13.3). For Minecraft, some people did this by supplying binary diffs against the current, but this won't work so well with KSP. Anyone have any ideas on how to do it without violating Squad's copyright? Ideally, they could just have a list of older versions on the downloads page :)

Yes, please do! I'm definitely interested.

In addition, it would be nice to have a way to play the newer versions (post-0.13.3). For Minecraft, some people did this by supplying binary diffs against the current, but this won't work so well with KSP. Anyone have any ideas on how to do it without violating Squad's copyright? Ideally, they could just have a list of older versions on the downloads page :)

The problem with that is twofold. If Squad host them, it'll bring up costs in hosting and bandwidth for a feature that is great in theory but, frankly, most of us will only use occasionally. Secondly, if they allow players to distribute the older copies, it opens up piracy concerns using the abandonware defense - "It's an old version, the devs wont care if it's pirated as this version is abandoned!"

Do NOT download these links! They have malicious software in it! If another user can upload them in a safer location that would be a bit better!

The links are fine. The reason your antivirus is going off is most likely because of the source of the download: some antivirus programs hate file sharing sites because some files on them do contain viruses. As a result, everything from the website is blacklisted.

@iamwearingpants thanks for the link :)

Edited by KasperVld

I'm like "quick let's download it before to many people are downloading it which will block the download".

5 seconds later: *Error (509) This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!*

Too late. xD