Old versions of KSP (some versions still wanted!)

xorg

Guys, this is what torrents were created for...

Download and share

Full collection including 0.7.3 for the PC

http://ksp.sjwt.org/2013-07-25/KSP_DemoCollection.torrent

Will look at doing a Mac version too when they download.

BTW xorg, how did you get that amazing compression level? I was only able to get 3-400 megs using 7z with all options.. Info on the file showed it had two types of compression used, one that I didn't have access to.

The problem with that is twofold. If Squad host them, it'll bring up costs in hosting and bandwidth for a feature that is great in theory but, frankly, most of us will only use occasionally. Secondly, if they allow players to distribute the older copies, it opens up piracy concerns using the abandonware defense - "It's an old version, the devs wont care if it's pirated as this version is abandoned!"

That's why I mentioned the use of binary diffs for old versions of Minecraft  without the latest version, you can't produce the older versions.

Creating binary diffs of zip archives may be a bit of work though, since each zip has to be unpacked and the individual files have to be diffed.

As for Squad hosting them  I know that's on their side, but S3 storage costs are not very high. It would take up development resources though on their end to make the site support downloading old versions, and I'm sure it's more important for Squad to work on the game than silly stuff like this.

At least right now it's easy enough to port mods to newer versions, which makes things somewhat easier.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Why does the water of 0.7.3 looks so much better than now?

Because the planet is much smaller and if it was scaled up, lag central. Also, at the time KSP in general was much less cpu and graphics card intensive, so they could use the old (default unity) water shader.

why i cant even get pass 15000 m in ksp 0.7.3? when i downloaded it i tought "wow this is going to be so easy" but everything i do fails! :C

The atmosphere was quite thick at the time. It was, as I understand it, like trying to fly through frozen pea soup. The atmosphere is much thinner now, though!

• 3 weeks later...