xorg

Old versions of KSP (some versions still wanted!)

yepp, thanks a bunch :) and now off for some old school rocketry

Guys, this is what torrents were created for...

Download and share

Full collection including 0.7.3 for the PC

http://ksp.sjwt.org/2013-07-25/KSP_DemoCollection.torrent

Will look at doing a Mac version too when they download.

BTW xorg, how did you get that amazing compression level? I was only able to get 3-400 megs using 7z with all options.. Info on the file showed it had two types of compression used, one that I didn't have access to.

Link isn't working :/

I also first played with the 0.7.3 version when it was published on Orbiter-Forum, but sadly I deleted all versions I had when KSP was still free.

Dang, lets see if that fixed it.

The problem with that is twofold. If Squad host them, it'll bring up costs in hosting and bandwidth for a feature that is great in theory but, frankly, most of us will only use occasionally. Secondly, if they allow players to distribute the older copies, it opens up piracy concerns using the abandonware defense - "It's an old version, the devs wont care if it's pirated as this version is abandoned!"

That's why I mentioned the use of binary diffs for old versions of Minecraft  without the latest version, you can't produce the older versions.

Creating binary diffs of zip archives may be a bit of work though, since each zip has to be unpacked and the individual files have to be diffed.

As for Squad hosting them  I know that's on their side, but S3 storage costs are not very high. It would take up development resources though on their end to make the site support downloading old versions, and I'm sure it's more important for Squad to work on the game than silly stuff like this.

At least right now it's easy enough to port mods to newer versions, which makes things somewhat easier.

how did you get that amazing compression level?

Compression method: LZMA2

Dictionary size: 512Mb

word size: 273

block size: solid

if you do have 8.3, upload it to mediafire or mega and post the link here ;) thanks in advance for helping the community!

Devs should add in something somehow where If you have bought the Full version of KSP, you can download any of the Non-Demo Versions, damn I miss .17 so much

.14 wasn't a free version, thus it cannot be shared.

This is a great idea! Really shows just how far the game has come.

Why does the water of 0.7.3 looks so much better than now?

Because the planet is much smaller and if it was scaled up, lag central. Also, at the time KSP in general was much less cpu and graphics card intensive, so they could use the old (default unity) water shader.

Frak i first found this thread now -_-

Anyways thanks for bothering collection all thoose old ksp versions.

why i cant even get pass 15000 m in ksp 0.7.3? when i downloaded it i tought "wow this is going to be so easy" but everything i do fails! :C

why i cant even get pass 15000 m in ksp 0.7.3? when i downloaded it i tought "wow this is going to be so easy" but everything i do fails! :C

The atmosphere was quite thick at the time. It was, as I understand it, like trying to fly through frozen pea soup. The atmosphere is much thinner now, though!

This place deserves a B.U.M.P! (Bumpy.Uber.Multi.Post!)

(it's not like it was last posted on last yea- oh.)

anyway, nice old game versions! i never got a chance to play them, so this helps!