Old versions of KSP (some versions still wanted!)

xorg

this place deserves a b.u.m.p! (bumpy.uber.multi.post!)

(it's not like it was last posted on last yea- oh.)

anyway, nice old game versions! I never got a chance to play them, so this helps!

message redacted

Edited by SkyHook

• 3 weeks later...

Tried 0.7.3 for the giggles, I didn't even get out of the atmosphere (though I was lazy and only tried one, very simple, design). But 0.13.3 just finished and iirc it used to be a demo version = the first one I played.

It would be great, but yes... you would be pirating paid for software.

Perhaps if there is enough interest Squad could be convinced to add a back catalogue to the user accounts. I'm not sure how it works on steam as I have a ksp website account, but I always have the option of downloading the current version or the previous one... would be nice to have a list of all previous versions!

• 1 month later...
No, these versions represent very old states of the game and are very different from what KSP is today :)

Doesn't matter. It's still pirating, unless you own it. Even then, it's a gray area, because you don't automatically have a license to every version ever created.

Doesn't matter. It's still pirating, unless you own it. Even then, it's a gray area, because you don't automatically have a license to every version ever created.

The versions of KSP up to 0.13.3 were free, and they can be shared as you wish. The same goes for 0.18.3 (the current demo). This is not piracy.

I hope you realise you're arguing with one of the forum administrators here.

Hehe.

I really must have a look at some of these when I'm not neck-deep in late assignments... hmmm.

Couldn't Anyone just download one of these and then have the game for free?
Anyone can just download the current demo, 0.18.3. Which, unlike the ancient versions in this thread, is pretty much the same as the current full game apart from having fewer parts and fewer planets.

• 5 weeks later...