Old versions of KSP (some versions still wanted!)

xorg

When you delete something that part in memory is just marked as avaliable, you have to write the drive many, many times (with giberish) to 'delete' something. There's always something left.

That's not how DD works. It can overwrite the drive, even portions that are normally inaccessible to the user, which allows you securely erase hard drives. Random data into DD, writing to the entire disk multiple times. Only overwriting once, especially with non-random data, can often leave the previous data accessible because magnetic potentials are not binary; instead, values above or below a certain level are accepted as 1 or 0. In other words, if you know what pattern was used during the overwrite, you can often restore the original by directly reading the magnetic potentials on the disk and comparing that with the pattern.

That's not how DD works. It can overwrite the drive, even portions that are normally inaccessible to the user, which allows you securely erase hard drives. Random data into DD, writing to the entire disk multiple times. Only overwriting once, especially with non-random data, can often leave the previous data accessible because magnetic potentials are not binary; instead, values above or below a certain level are accepted as 1 or 0. In other words, if you know what pattern was used during the overwrite, you can often restore the original by directly reading the magnetic potentials on the disk and comparing that with the pattern.

that is quite literally what i said just with added fluff

• 4 weeks later...
any chance someone can give me 0.13 i wanna do the dragster challenge again :D mmm i remember the deaths of my kerbals whilst doing it ^

or just a version early version with the SPH

.... it's in the first post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I wonder if anybody has a .15, or .16 lying around because I lost mine then all my old craft don't work anymore. Also there is bugs, and exploits like powerful rcs that don't work anymore.

Distributing versions of KSP newer than 0.13.3 is illegal, as those versions required purchase of the game and cannot be redistributed without Squad's explicit permission.

If SQUAD wanted to put a halt to this, they would maybe make a downloads section with all the older/legacy versions of KSP. But that is that.

I agree, Squad should give people the ability to download older versions if they paid for the game, similair to Minecraft's launcher.

Edited by Rthsom

So I just played the 0.7.3, it's funny! What a totally different KSP than what we have today. Kerbin is a funky green color. I kind of like the roads and stuff. It's really hard to get into space, too! The parts are really finnicky and you can't manipulate the staging in the VAB. Really interesting to look back and see how far this game has come along in three years.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you find old Squadcasts? Can you? It was a KSPTV episode, not a streamer, and I looked but couldn't get it.

If so, and I can't find it, it was last Friday's. (The 7th of November)

It might be mentioned in the Devnotes next Tuesday.

Any confirmation from staff that I'm not just a raving lunatic or a troll would be greatly appreciated! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Friday's SquadCast revealed that they found EVERY VERSION OF KSP on their hard drives in the office! (EDIT: I think that ->) They said they would be releasing them too.
How do you find old Squadcasts? Can you? It was a KSPTV episode, not a streamer, and I looked but couldn't get it.

If so, and I can't find it, it was last Friday's. (The 7th of November)

It might be mentioned in the Devnotes next Tuesday.

Any confirmation from staff that I'm not just a raving lunatic or a troll would be greatly appreciated! :)

I remember that, although I don't recall them saying they'd release them. That particular one was on the KSP blog. I'm not staff, but in this case I can confirm you're not a raving lunatic or a troll :sticktongue:

Try this

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/104379147389/twitch-thursday-squadcast

EDIT: Apparently I got something wrong with the quote code syntax whatever.

Edited by TheMoonRover