[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Where are you getting all this? I've never heard of the SRB segment being dropped and dented as contributing to the disaster. I also haven't heard of one of the O-rings having a particular fault (as opposed to the fault being inherent in the design of the O-rings, particularly in cold weather). I also don't think NASA went away from segmented SRBs after Challenger.

The diagram of the Challenger SRB doesn't seem relevant.

The STS SRB is segmented because it's too large to cast as one piece. The field joint was redesigned, but the booster is still segmented.

Just tried this pack last night for the first time and I think it's already earned a spot in my must have mods! I especially liked the rescue pod with enough seats to use as a station life boat and the rescue textures. Keep up the awesome work!

Frizzank, I love this mod, thanks for the hard work. Have you considered doing a 1960s space program total conversion?

Probably won't happen. Frizzank is designing FASA to be completely compatible and used in conjunction with the stock parts.

Frizzank, I love this mod, thanks for the hard work. Have you considered doing a 1960s space program total conversion?

This had occurred to me to do a complete FASA total conversion. I would need some tools for building custom missions and such but it is a fun idea. I really like the idea of putting little bits of history lessons with the rockets. I could do that now in the descriptions but no one really reads the descriptions.

This had occurred to me to do a complete FASA total conversion. I would need some tools for building custom missions and such but it is a fun idea. I really like the idea of putting little bits of history lessons with the rockets. I could do that now in the descriptions but no one really reads the descriptions.

Have you thought about making fall away umbilical for the redstone. It would make it really accurate and cool. Also how hard would it be to make a die pack for the water. I know that when the capsules landed they would release a green die into the water? Is that even possible to do?

Finally made some time to try out the LEM. Thought I'd recreate Apollo 15. Custom Saturn rocket, CSM and LEM with shiny bits! Note the chrome Real Chute and the "General LEV" rover. It's not 100% accurate but I got as close as I could with what I could find. I will point out that the LEV was attached to the side and was assembled on the Mun like the real one. I have proof! A lot of effort overall but the star is that amazing LEM!

FASAApollo151_zpsaae3a857.png

FASAApollo1519_zpsb0a795e2.png

FASAApollo1538_zps948e957c.png

Edited by Green Skull

Hmm, then I must be then exception to the rule, as I ALWAYS read the descriptions. (Some of yours were quite funny too. :)) Seriously, it's the first thing I do when I see a new part, mod or stock.

Hmm, then I must be then exception to the rule, as I ALWAYS read the descriptions. (Some of yours were quite funny too. :)) Seriously, it's the first thing I do when I see a new part, mod or stock.

I always do that too! At some point, I think I spend more than 10 minutes reading descriptions.

How do you use the ALSEP box properly? I downloaded KAS AND VNG installed them and work fine as MODS but how does the ALSEP box work and the rover box?

Place the ALSEP box on the side of you LEM then the ALSEP. When you land your LEM EVA your kerbal up to the ALSEP and simply right click and hit the grab button on the gui menu or push G key to grab. If you click on the ALSEP when its on your kerbals back there are use options.

Practice before you get to the mun as this is also how the rover box works. Note due to a surface bug by squad mine fell through the mun surface after a while.

Place the ALSEP box on the side of you LEM then the ALSEP. When you land your LEM EVA your kerbal up to the ALSEP and simply right click and hit the grab button on the gui menu or push G key to grab. If you click on the ALSEP when its on your kerbals back there are use options.

Practice before you get to the mun as this is also how the rover box works. Note due to a surface bug by squad mine fell through the mun surface after a while.

Everytime I get to the mun or even on kerbin when i let ig go off the Jebs back it explodes, I figured out all of that.

Is there going to be an IVA for the Command Module when everything is said and done on the Saturn V?

Seeing as this is Frizzank (and DennyTX), you can be pretty much assured that there'll be an IVA. I've never heard of Frizzank releasing something IVA-less.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.