[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

I think I have to agree as well. Pretty wimpy flame effects, you could add smokescreen too to make launches a little more impressive too. I think the Saturn V needs Smokescreen because that thing sat on the pad at full throttle for a few seconds before it took off and it made ALOT of smoke.

I have a question, but I also have something to say:

Wonderful work done here! Every part here is well done and beautiful! The IVAs in particular look amazing, and the level of interaction is even beyond what I've seen out of RasterPropMonitor! All the premade craft fly beautifully and look amazing!

Now, my question:

How do I get out of the Apollo LEM while still in IVA mode? [You know, where you double click a certain spot and it takes you to EVA.]

But yeah, great mod, and I can't wait to see more!

No, it can drop performance, especially on weaker machines, or if you've got a lot of engines. It lagged very annoyingly for me when it was running for 18-21 smoke emitters.

I will be making a custom particles for the F1 engine that are more appropriate for its size.

FAR users I need your help. I need to know which parts in FASA are buggy when it comes to FAR and I don't have time to test all of them and finish the Saturn V parts.

Ferram4 and I were talking and came up with a possible solution to make FASA, and possibly other mods more FAR compatible. It will take some work on both sides so it will take some time so be patient.

If you find a problem could you post which part it is and what it does. Ex.- the Mercury capsule pulls to one side and rotates uncontrollably.

Hi Frizzank, I'm a huge fan of your work. FASA is by far my favorite mod.

I was playing with your Saturn V beta and noticed that the Gemini SAS/RCS/Decoupler module had the reaction wheel module commented off. I'm not sure if that was a design decision, but flying the Gemini capsules is a lot harder now.

Thanks for the great work! Can't wait for the Saturn V release!

Question: I've always wanted to recreate the Mercury-Redstone 3 launch in RSS, but I can't seem to get the burn time right. (Or anything else for that matter) I adjust the thrust limiter for a MechJeb burn time of about 2min 20s (The time provided on wikipedia for the launch) but this causes rapid acceleration resulting in re-entry effects (And subsequent explosions due to DRE) on ascent. Setting the thrust limiter to minimum causes the engine to burn too long.

Any advice?

One thing I know I have mentioned this before but what are the logistics about making the fall away umbilical for the redstone? I totally get that you dont get for 100% realism and and it fun over function and realism etc. Im just saying that it would be a nice addition to the launch towers and tower pack. Plus it would look really cool. Escape_rocket_of_Mercury-Redstone_1.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing more launch pad parts in general. Ramps, walkways, elevators. Even different clamps like the Saturn V's.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/pao/History/SP-4204/images/m288.gif

Food for thought.

oh oh yea!!! Do that! I mean you have a clamp for every other rocket in the pack, it only makes sense that the Saturn V has one!

One thing I know I have mentioned this before but what are the logistics about making the fall away umbilical for the redstone? I totally get that you dont get for 100% realism and and it fun over function and realism etc. Im just saying that it would be a nice addition to the launch towers and tower pack. Plus it would look really cool. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/Escape_rocket_of_Mercury-Redstone_1.jpg

I remember reading about that incident in the photo!! The Redstone fired, shut down right after and settled back on the pad. The escape tower fired and rocketed off into the great blue yonder, without the capsule. You can see in the photo the tower has separated from the capsule as it's firing

one thing i know i have mentioned this before but what are the logistics about making the fall away umbilical for the redstone? I totally get that you dont get for 100% realism and and it fun over function and realism etc. Im just saying that it would be a nice addition to the launch towers and tower pack. Plus it would look really cool. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/escape_rocket_of_mercury-redstone_1.jpg

yay, it's the one that went "pop"!

Engine texture is done, I went with a slightly used look as apposed to the all monotone brand new one, Kerbals and all.

I'm happy with the way it turned out. FX are still being worked on.

Also due to the renaming of the Denny props to fix the conflicts with his mod it will break any ships with the LEM and there associated craft files.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.