frizzank

Agena plz craft file thanks

The Agena craft is easy to make.

Agena docking port

Agena probe - Attach 1 Agena Antenna where the indention below the RCS port

Agena LF tank

Agena Flight PAck

Agena Rocket engine

You can add fairings to the docking port and flight pack to make it look nicer, but I usually don't.

Im going to turn off the allow collision on the engines. At first it was there just to test things but it is causing a few problems when people do clip the engines. If you still want to clip things you can always turn on cheats.

The centaur plate has it's own fairing the same way the engines do. You just place a decoupler at the bottom node and it wraps it up for you. You can't put any sized engine in there (Larger ones were just ridiculous) but most of the smaller ones fit in there nicely..

I need to make some more craft files specifically Nova and Agena. Are there any others people would like in there?

Im going to turn off the allow collision on the engines. At first it was there just to test things but it is causing a few problems when people do clip the engines. If you still want to clip things you can always turn on cheats.

The centaur plate has it's own fairing the same way the engines do. You just place a decoupler at the bottom node and it wraps it up for you. You can't put any sized engine in there (Larger ones were just ridiculous) but most of the smaller ones fit in there nicely..

I need to make some more craft files specifically Nova and Agena. Are there any others people would like in there?

Is there a way to make it so they don't clip, also is there away that the engines don't overlap? Perhaps an upper stage f1/m1 mounting plate? I mean the j2 mounting plate work just fine it's just from a realism standpoint all the engines overlapping and intersecting with each other just doesn't loom right. Could you simply add more nodes to the current f1 plate for different configs? Right now the attach nodes are basically on the outside of the plate if you add 4 more inner nodes it looks like there is enough room for proper placement of the engines.

Im

Atlas-Centaur

Titan IV-C.

Anything else that uses centaur. For when you release the RL-10 and dual mounts.

Voyager was in 1977 so technically it falls outside of FASA but its my mod so I couldn't help it.

My awful version of Voyager with some stock parts. If someone can make a better one I will include it in FASA.

deT8e9t.jpg

XXkwXuY.jpg

Efkb000.jpg

Nice! I like that Centaur. The current one seems very overpowered. It looks like the RL-10 engine will even be used in the new SLS upper stage, so it's a welcome addition. Love the Voyager too!

I was going to say there's an Agena craft file already... but not in the latest versions. I still have one left over from FASA3.86. I like to make satellites and probes based on it. Interestingly I get better deltaV out of it by removing the fuel tank and rocket engine. Just probe core + flight pack. :)

I would like a Saturn 1B craft file to go along with the SIB, if that's ok?

There's already a "FASA Apollo SI-B (SA-204).craft" in the pack. And a "FASA Apollo SI-B Launcher.craft" in the subassemblies. That's the Saturn IB.

Doesn't make much sense to me to have two F-1 stages. The F-1 is so heavy I doubt there would be any gains from adding 4 more in a 2nd stage. I rather consolidate the fuel in a single 8 F-1 first stage.

Did any Nova proposals have two stages with F-1 engines?

I tweaked the Agena some I gave the fuel tank a third more fuel, it was a little light. I made the flight pack stronger and less efficient. I also increased the mass and thrust of the Agena engine slightly to compensate the added weight. Also increased its ISP slightly to make it more useful as a small booster engine.

Hopefully this gives a nice variation of engines to choose from for what ever your needs may be, without being too overpowered. If it takes you a bit to decide on what engine to use while looking at their stats then I know I have done a good job balancing them. It is a bit hard with the stock engines being somewhat overpowered in some instances and under powered in others.

Doesn't make much sense to me to have two F-1 stages. The F-1 is so heavy I doubt there would be any gains from adding 4 more in a 2nd stage. I rather consolidate the fuel in a single 8 F-1 first stage.

Did any Nova proposals have two stages with F-1 engines?

Well, the second stage isn't supposed to be 4 f-1s on the C-8 Nova. It's supposed to go like this:

CSM

Lunar Lander

3.75 Stretched third stage tank

J-2

6.25 Widened second stage

8 J-2s

7.5 widened first tank

8 F-1s

I tested out this configuration with the modifications I made to the Nova Tank and the Mounting plate for the fuel they carry.

It gets up to around 10 to 12K before the first stage cuts out, then I go to the eight J-2s. It loses speed like crazy, almost dropping below 100m/s, but it still manages to get into orbit. The second stage in fact still has fuel. I've only gone for 75k orbits because I don't want to push it and not be able to get into orbit.

Well, the second stage isn't supposed to be 4 f-1s on the C-8 Nova. It's supposed to go like this:

CSM

Lunar Lander

3.75 Stretched third stage tank

J-2

6.25 Widened second stage

8 J-2s

7.5 widened first tank

8 F-1s

I tested out this configuration with the modifications I made to the Nova Tank and the Mounting plate for the fuel they carry.

It gets up to around 10 to 12K before the first stage cuts out, then I go to the eight J-2s. It loses speed like crazy, almost dropping below 100m/s, but it still manages to get into orbit. The second stage in fact still has fuel. I've only gone for 75k orbits because I don't want to push it and not be able to get into orbit.

Then where do the M1'S go?

Delete your old FASA before installing this BETA...

I changed the name of the Centaur Transtage to just Transtage and fixed some of the spelling errors with Centaur. I did not change the part name so craft files are unaffected.

If you dont delete the old one you will not see the new parts and have some duplicates.

New Beta for testing.

http://www./download/y8hjp949ius01pa/FASA4.90.zip

Added Centaur engine plate, renamed old Centaur Transtage to just Transtage. --Delete your old files or you will have conflicts.--

Added RL-10 engine

Increased mass on Agena engine, it was too light. Made it slightly stronger and more efficient.

Increased the fuel in Agena tank.

Increased the thrust in Agena Flight Pack and slightly less efficient.

Added collision checking for Apollo engines.

Increased fuel in Nova tank.

Edited by frizzank

Is it possible there is a joint problem with the RL-10's? Everytime I use it the ship is weakest at the rl-10 decoupler meeting point? I tried making the same ship except replacing the rl-10 with another engine and it doesn't fail at all.

ndCxiEZ.png

If your attaching directly to the engine it could be a problem with the node size. I didn't have a probem with it but I was attaching to the plate node and not the engine its self. I will investigate it.

It seems that it's the problem with the top node; the bottom one seems fine. I've had excessive wobble on my Titan IIIE, too. Centaur was under fairings, but it might've been it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.