[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Frizzank, could you make 8 and 9-segment Titan SRBs? :) White ones, preferably. It turns out that UA1208s were considered for some Shuttle applications:

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19720015134.pdf

Page 9 mentions those. And why 9-segment ones? Because boosters. :) Well, that, and it seems (page 6) that UA1208s actually had 9 segments. One of them was presumably just the nozzle housing, but your numbering scheme doesn't reflect that. Anyway, I love your SRBs, both sounds and effects are incredible. Since the models themselves are rather repetitive, it should not be terribly hard to just slap more segments on them.

That actually does sound like something that would be much too powerful for most practical uses. +1.

I really like this mod but am having an issue. I am kind of new to KSP and very new to mods for it.

I am probably missing something really simple about the LEM...

I have launched a Saturn V, docked the CSM with the LEM, transferred crew, made it to the mun, and undocked to prepare to land. However I cannot get the RCS to work on it (yes I pressed R; it is enabled). Any help?

The Mercury IVA is going to be the last thing I do. Maybe, depends on how I feel afterwords.

Would it be possible to get a (What you consider) to be a canon configuration of the Nova using the parts in the beta?? Trying to build a really, REALLY powerful booster system to lift a rather cumbersome craft of mine.....

The nova parts are really open ended so I dont have a specific build for them. Go nuts.

If you want more parts for them you can scale the 3.75m parts by a factor of 2 and it fits in with the other parts just fine.

I cant work out how to put any of these things together properly and there seems to be no instructions anywhere I can find.

There are craft files for the other historical rockets, but building and experimenting is kind or part of the game.

Is there a way to close cargo bay while constructing vessel?

No, you just have to wait until you get on the pad.

Wasn't there a rear docking port for Big Gemini to attach to Molab? Is Molab even in the mod proper?

Yes to both. It's the Big G docking adapter, found in the Science category. And the MOLab is there, but it's spread out over the categories.

I found the reason. Somehow it is conflicting with Modular Colonisation System. With an error:

Texture 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/ORS/png/Kerbin_Ore_1440x720' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.

Seems it is a bug of MKS.

After an update RasterPropMonitor looks like this.

http://i.imgur.com/A0Xu6KV.jpg

And doesn't respond to any buttons. What can it be?

RPM is in the process of some game breaking updates. If you delete the RPM folders from gameData and re-install just the RPM files it should fix it. I am in the process of updating FASA to include the latest RPM that is currently being developed.

Installing the RPM update after you install FASA should keep most things working...

Frizzank,

I love your mod. It is perfect in every way. I am currently doing a school project on an Orbital Propellant Depot (a refuelling space station). I am making the prototype on KSP, and will end up submitting this entire project to the UK Space Agency (or something similar).

Your parts are very accurate (in terms of both history and rough ∆v). Do I have your permission to use them for this project? (The save itself, requiring your parts, will probably be sent with the rest of the project).

Thanks for your help,

CommanderSmith

Random suggestion for you, Frizz, and I won't be offended at all if the answer is "aw HELL no!"...

One of the more unique features of the Mercury spacecraft was that it would separate the heat shield from the main spacecraft after the parachutes had fully deployed, letting it descend a few feet and inflating an air bag that connected it to the spacecraft and acted as a landing cushion. With there now being inflatable bags available for KSP (with the Kerbin Cup mod) and someone having thus already used those to provide Sojourner/Spirit/Opportunity-style landing bags as a mod part, maybe the time would be right to add a simulation of the Mercury landing bag to FASA?

Hey Frizzank - I LOVE this pack. Your models and textures are fantastic. I've cleaned down a huge number of mods and started a new save in order to role-play a new "alternate history" game just to use it. One quick question though - can you think about providing an optional FAR-specific MM .cfg file so that those of us who play with FAR aren't able to put a Mercury-Redstone into orbit, or send a Mercury-Atlas to orbit the Mün? :) With FAR's more accurate drag model, and these parts' excellently-realistic aerodynamic configurations, they are WAY overpowered.

Either way, thanks for your excellent work on this mod. I (heart) it greatly.

Use KIDS (Kerbal Isp Difficulty Scaler), assuming it still works, it'll solve your problems.

Never heard of that one, I'll have to look for it.

Still, this is the sort of thing a MM .cfg file should be able to handle, no extra plug-ins required I wouldn't think.

OK,I installed this good-looking mod and I was really excited.

But the problem is that my kerbals can't go back inside their ship because once they go back the game became not responding.

Anyone knows whats going on?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.