[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Has anyone successfully docked the Apollo CM in IVA only with RPM?

Currently, if you try to use the docking cam mode in RPM, you can't see anything because the camera viewpoint is blocked by the docking port probe (that pointy thing that sticks out). All you see is the back of the mesh, obstructing the view making it impossible to use. Whats worse, the mesh texture is silver/white, so you can't even use that screen for docking info since the white text is drowned out by the texture.

I've searched both this thread and Denny's but found no complaints. I wondering if others share this problem and what work-arounds they might have for some IVA docking.

Hey Guys, I'm using Fasa together with RO and the Gemini stuff is straight up amazing.

I wanted to try out the Apollo Parts today, however I found there was no way to attach the CSM/LEM to their actual Deployment Device.

It seems some of the Nodes are out of Place. The Deployment Device Attaches to the LEM Correctly, but there is no Way to attach it to the CSM.

There is one Large Node inside The Service Module which seems to be meant for the Deployment Device.

Is there a simple way to fix Node placement for this?

Edit: To anyone in the future having the same problem.

I found this to be a Problem with the way RO is coded.

In the RO Files for FASA several Nodes are edited out with exclamation marks.

enabling one Node for the Fairing Plate allows it to be attached to a node in the Service Module, thus making the LEM fit underneath.

Edited by ChockLatte

Hey Guys, I'm using Fasa together with RO and the Gemini stuff is straight up amazing.

I wanted to try out the Apollo Parts today, however I found there was no way to attach the CSM/LEM to their actual Deployment Device.

It seems some of the Nodes are out of Place. The Deployment Device Attaches to the LEM Correctly, but there is no Way to attach it to the CSM.

There is one Large Node inside The Service Module which seems to be meant for the Deployment Device.

Is there a simple way to fix Node placement for this?

Edit: To anyone in the future having the same problem.

I found this to be a Problem with the way RO is coded.

In the RO Files for FASA several Nodes are edited out with exclamation marks.

enabling one Node for the Fairing Plate allows it to be attached to a node in the Service Module, thus making the LEM fit underneath.

If you have a problem with RO, then you need to ask questions on the RO forum, not here. Frizzank has NOTHING to do with RO and isn't going to support it either.

If you have a problem with RO, then you need to ask questions on the RO forum, not here. Frizzank has NOTHING to do with RO and isn't going to support it either.

My bad, I didn't take the time to understand how RO works which is why I wrongly posted this here.

I think someone have allready made it, but you can add raster prop monitor to Gemini, but don't get me wrong, i'm saying to use it without the monitors to use just the functional buttons and indicators. So we have both historical accuracy and IVA interactivity.

Edited by Taquarinha

I'm using the launch clamp only mod and Im having trouble EVAing the kerbals from the launch tower. I know I'm using the correct one (not the umbilical) but when I load them in and launch right clicking doesn't give any EVA options (or the typical kerbal faces view). How do I get the kerbals out of the launch tower? Is it no longer compatible?

Thanks,

Cake

Hmm. I think i might have a problem with my install or version (possibly a mod conflict?). I can load kerbals into the tower from the VAB and on the pad but I cannot seem to get them out of the tower lol. I can see where it says "Crew Hatch" on the doors but right click, left click, that little crew member UI doesn't pop up.

Hmm. I think i might have a problem with my install or version (possibly a mod conflict?). I can load kerbals into the tower from the VAB and on the pad but I cannot seem to get them out of the tower lol. I can see where it says "Crew Hatch" on the doors but right click, left click, that little crew member UI doesn't pop up.

Zoom in on the door, the collision on the gantry gets in the way of the door selection sometimes.

I have been really busy with work lately so I am taking a break for a bit.

Yeah, as far as I know, this is a problem with 0.24 (possibly 0.24.2, not sure). I've had this problem with the Mobile Processing Lab. I just use "Ship Manifest" now to transfer crew. You can't EVA using it, but you can put them into the spaceship that way.

Zoom in on the door, the collision on the gantry gets in the way of the door selection sometimes.

I have been really busy with work lately so I am taking a break for a bit.

Well whenever you come back to modding for KSP, I have my (much) earlier suggestion of Black Arrow needing Kerbalising by someone of your skills for your consideration. Its a piece of history, tiny in comparison to the accomplishments of NASA, but a piece of history it is.

After There, I Fixed It posted an authentic photo of the Apollo 13 air-scrubber rig, the site received a submission from the International Space Station. They're still putting things together with duct tape ....

Duct tape has been, and likely will always be, standard issue on all space missions.

Very nice craft there! How was the lift off? Did it fling itself off the launch pad of did it rumble shake and claw its way off the pad? Aka slow lift off. Myself I enjoy seeing the rocket/craft claw it way off the launch pad in a slow lift off and try hard to make that happen on my larger rockets.

Frizzank,

I wanted to thank you and DennyTX for this mod. I have followed this development of this mod for a while and I just created this post to show my gratitude. My grandfather work for Aerojet General as an engineer during the height of the Gemini/Apollo development programs. I mainly learned about a small bit of his experiences working on the space program from my father, but he was quite young and his memory of this time isn't complete. You and DennyTX have made it possible for me to experience a small but important way for me to connect again with the memory of my grandfather in a way I did not think possible by using this mod. All I can say is that you two have my endless gratitude for this mod that collects spacecraft of the american side of the space race.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.