[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Ah, sorry about that! :(

But it actually is: frizzank has been very clear that RO is free to modify FASA parts, so long as RO-related issues are not posted in this thread.

My apologies, was not aware about the RO issues. Won't mention them here anymore.

Yea its a hole mod of a mod of a mod, thing.

I'm sorry I totally get that. However the picture I posted above is non RSS or RO the landing bag and floats are deployed in VAB and at launch. That's stock ksp. Fresh install, fresh FASA install. It is definitely a real chute problem. But since it's not a dependency the solution is to just get rid of real chute.

This never has been a FASA problem. It's RealChute, specifically, just the ModuleManager config for FASA in RealChute. Before the MM patches were zipped and a user had to extract them, now, they come unzipped, and apply themselves. One now has to either modify or delete the RealChute MM patches contained within RealChutes entirely.

Edited by RedAV8R

hi

first, thanks for create the beautiful mod it's amazing.And i'd like to ask is the cm's docking device will not showing up in career ? i can see it in sandbox but not in career, i was try to change part cfg so all apollo part will be available in early stage (land on the moon, that was more than 40years ago. passed is passed ,future is for future right?)but whatever how i changed and part cfg or save files it's just not showing up, i know it's small but no docking no landing(from "apollo 13") so does any one can help?

i also use real solar system, eve and rve(real earth), is possible some of this have conflict because i already deleted every and make a clean ksp for this.

many thanks

This never has been a FASA problem. It's RealChute, specifically, just the ModuleManager config for FASA in RealChute. Before the MM patches were zipped and a user had to extract them, now, they come unzipped, and apply themselves. One now has to either modify or delete the RealChute MM patches contained within RealChutes entirely.

Thanks for that info. I was just ignoring the pre-deployed floats. I have now commented out the Apollo Chute in Real Chute CFG (An ! at the start of every line of the Apollo Chute)

Thanks for that info. I was just ignoring the pre-deployed floats. I have now commented out the Apollo Chute in Real Chute CFG (An ! at the start of every line of the Apollo Chute)

And it works well? Did you tried it?

And it works well? Did you tried it?

Yes, Commenting out the Apollo Chute code in the RS Mod manager files works. it brings it back to the less than ideal default performance for that chute system. I think I am going to un-comment it out because we are talking about a broken animation, not a broken physics constraint. IE I prefer Real Chute's actual chute performance

Loving FASA! The modeling and texture work on Frizzanks parts are superb! Without going back through 350 pages of posts, is there anyway to get Kerbal Engineer or Mechjeb to display the Delta-V of the Gemini Capsule with the Engine Pack (Easy) attached? I tried to calculate it manually and came up with around 1500~ dV. If I attach an actual engine to the bottom of the easy engine pack, then Kerbal Engineer will display dV... This something I can fix?

The current M-1 engine in FASA is just a modified F-1, any plans on making a more accurate model? The M-1 actually looks more like a J-2 on steroids. Apparently there was also a sea-level variant planned for the engine as well.

Would make Nova variants even better. :D

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=31401.0

M-1 images borrowed from Blackstar's thread on nasaspaceflight.com

cc6AH5Wl.jpg

j7Es3Sjl.jpg

BK76yXUl.jpg

0UU12fPl.jpg

axvOXj9l.jpg

Edited by m1919

Hi I havent played for about 2 months and downloaded the new FASA file after deleting the old one however my Saturn V command module parachute system has 3 red balls and and a donut attached to it is this normal has there been a change and how do I get the old one back any help appreciated.

VG

Hey, I haven't been around here much, so I may have missed it, but I'm a little confused about how to assemble the "realistic" Gemini. I put the SRBs into the fuel pack, but then I couldn't get it to fit on top of the titan.

SRBs fit the retro pack, not the fuel pack. Last I knew the retro pack already had the srbs. Gemini, retropack, fuel pack.

Ok, I'm a bit confused, isn't the service module supposed to have engines on it? Or is the "Realistic" pack only supposed to be used in MOL/Centaur comfiguration.

No, there are no engines on the realistic service module. The Titan second stage inserted the Gemini into orbit on a trajectory that was roughly the same as its target, and then the Gemini used RCS to rendesvouz with another Gemini or an Agena.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.