[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Make sure your attaching the docking port to the bottom node when you pace it on the lem and CM when building. In other words make sure the docking ports are not buried in the craft.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a bug fixing update, major bits are reduced Apollo pricing for career mode and lem docking port attach nodes moved a bit to make placing them easier.

FASA

Rearranged the attach nodes on the LEM and Docking Cone so they were easier to place

Reduced the acquire distance on Apollo docking ports some

Fixed ALSEP Scanner to have correct science exp

Reduced prices for most Apollo parts, they were way to expensive!

Increased prices for Gemini Long LFT

Re-named some of the descriptions so they would organize better and be more consistent

Increased the Mercury RCS tank from 60 to 75 units

Tweaked some of the engine efficiency to be a bit less ridiculous. H1 and RL10 are better at lower altitudes now

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

frizzank said:
Make sure your attaching the docking port to the bottom node when you pace it on the lem and CM when building. In other words make sure the docking ports are not buried in the craft.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a bug fixing update, major bits are reduced Apollo pricing for career mode and lem docking port attach nodes moved a bit to make placing them easier.

FASA

Rearranged the attach nodes on the LEM and Docking Cone so they were easier to place

Reduced the acquire distance on Apollo docking ports some

Fixed ALSEP Scanner to have correct science exp

Reduced prices for most Apollo parts, they were way to expensive!

Increased prices for Gemini Long LFT

Re-named some of the descriptions so they would organize better and be more consistent

Increased the Mercury RCS tank from 60 to 75 units

Tweaked some of the engine efficiency to be a bit less ridiculous. H1 and RL10 are better at lower altitudes now

Yay for fix ! Holy nibblers I forgot about to mention about the ridiculous pricing on the parts, but you chimed in for me! Any way I can fix that LEM antenna? I still cant get it to work :/

What's wrong with the LEM antenna did you add a probecore ? did you put a kerbal inside ? And you can try this

@PART[FASALM_Antenna]:FOR[RemoteTech] // LEM Antennas
{
!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
{
%allowManualControl = true
}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 1000000
%EnergyCost = 0.01
%MaxQ = 6000

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER
{
%PacketInterval = 0.15
%PacketSize = 3
%PacketResourceCost = 1.0
}
}

%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

Thanks for the LEM docking fix, frizzank! It lead to my first proper Apollo Munar landing for 0.90. 7.5 metres off the designated landing point. I'd call that a bullseye.

MA7Ulxs.png

Nice one Jack

Thanks! I'm really digging into the blogs "Beyond Apollo", "Vintage Space", "False Steps", and "Eyes Turned Skyward" to play with what might have been, and FASA will play a huge role. Now to refine my Apollo Direct model.

jack I have been thinking about doing much the same thing though mine may be a bet defrent as I will be playing with RSS/RO and RP-0

Definitely, go for it, then! I'm staying with stock universal parameters, save StockDragFix. That's the only physics tweak I'm willing to implement. I look forward to seeing what your results are!

jack I have been thinking about doing much the same thing though mine may be a bet defrent as I will be playing with RSS/RO and RP-0

Going to be running my own program through RP-0...For which I assume there will be much wailing and teeth gnashing....>ú>

Suggestion:On the Apollo Saturn V,on the crew clamp,i think it should be extendable,and retractable,instead of you decoupling it and you cant extend it back,because I know your busy,but i think IRL,they did that in case of a emergency or a launch abort.

EDIT:If you cant do it... ITS ok

Suggestion:On the Apollo Saturn V,on the crew clamp,i think it should be extendable,and retractable,instead of you decoupling it and you cant extend it back,because I know your busy,but i think IRL,they did that in case of a emergency or a launch abort.

EDIT:If you cant do it... ITS ok

That's not really possible with the current system, Just use the LES Rocket, its more Kerbal anyways.

So I fixed the Lander legs and while I was at it made some improvements, reflections and normal maps. They all share the same resources now and I added just the fuel tanks for smaller builds and to give the lander engine some more usage.

08Eb0MJ.jpg

Also make these contraptions possible.

LI9MBML.jpg

bo6DJna.jpg

Edited by frizzank

New update and fixes are up on Kstuff

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/27/FASA

* New Gemini Lander LFT

* Added some fuel tanks to the Lander legs model so it would look like it stored more fuel.

* Fixed missing Gemini Lander Legs

* Gemini Lander now has reflections on the glass

* Moved the Gemini Lander Eng to advLanding on tech tree with other parts

* Adjusted the models of the exterior LFT and Mono tank to fit their fuel amount (Scaled them Down)

* Tri-X tank has 4x more fuel now removed the normal map

* Reduced prices of J2 and H1

* Legs are in a single folder now -Delete your old install first or bad things happen-

morning, i updated it and now i have at least the pods twice...did i miss something? i installed it after completely deleting all previous FASA files.

Edit: nothing wrong with the mod, i am simply dumb so nvm. :D

Edited by Tyren

if you have double pods then you have duplicates somewhere.

The entire contents of the zip file should be copped to your main ksp folder.

Folders should look like this

Kerbal Space Program

-Gamedata

--FASA

--JSI

--NASAmission

--Squad

Frizzank, I really like the ever so subtle flickering of the LEM cabin lights when viewed from outside. It gives a convincing feeling of crew movement within the vessel. Nicely done!

so, any news on when the Apollo parachute will be fixed to work with Real Chutes mod (as an option)

A temporary fix was posted a while ago. Its on the front page. Its a miss match in the naming since I updated the models.

Real chute module manager fix.(your apollo chutes are messed up)

http://www./download/bpig55ly85qawmx/FASA_RealChute_MM.cfg

Edited by frizzank

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.