[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Not sure if this was intentional or not but in 5.31 the H-1 engine had 320kN max thrust but as of 5.32 it only has 120kN. Can't really make the Saturn 1-B launch with that little thrust, though.

Squad Changed how engine thrust and ISP worked so the max thrust is at the highest ISP instead of the lowest like it was previously. I have to change all the values back now.

The H1 engine has isp rated at 320-360. Even if in game thrust is now based on the highest isp, that still doesn't explain going from a 320kN max thrust to a 120kN max thrust (according to the cfg file, not the in game values). Like I said, at 120kN, the eight H-1 engines on the Saturn 1B don't produce enough thrust for lift off. Am I missing something?

Well before the ISP in the cfg was max at sea level and would automatically adjust max thrust in vacuum. In the last update they switched it so that the cfg max thrust was in vacumm and calculated thrust at sea level. So to keep the engine from having 800 kn of thrust I had to tweak the values.

At any rate its fixed now in the latest update.

[Moderator removed defunct website link]

Moved Castor SRB earlier to Heavy Rocketry
    Increased temp on Mini Goo Container.
    More engine tweaks and fixes, H1 and J2 has proper thrust now
Edited by James Kerman
link removed

I'm doing a career mode so I don't have all the tech available yet but I was curious. Is there a skylab module in FASA? I noticed there are components to create the MOL, which never flew, so was just curious if there was also stuff for skylab.

I'm doing a career mode so I don't have all the tech available yet but I was curious. Is there a skylab module in FASA? I noticed there are components to create the MOL, which never flew, so was just curious if there was also stuff for skylab.

Front page http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86243-23-5-Skylab-%28Compatible-with-OLDD-FASA-LOVAD%29-ALPHA-RELEASE-v0-1?p=1272382

Bug Re-ugh-port: I tried launching the Explorer probe and rocket, and everything was fine until the Fire Nation attacked.

Okay, seriousness: After staging, the rocket starts to tumble.

tumblr_ms0bpcGQ8F1rpsnwro10_r1_1280.png

And in that pic, I was trying to take the screenshot, but activated the second set of sergeant rockets by mistake. That is not the issue, it was just an accident during screenshotting! I'm guessing this has to do with drag. Ah, drag.

I used the Redstone fins to help steer it, and managed to get Explorer into orbit. Then I de-orbited it, and it survived re-entry. Might it be a good idea to call FASA a 1.0 Beta until all of these little bugs have been fried? :P

I'm guessing this has to do with drag. Ah, drag.

That's actually exactly correct, it is due to drag. However, it really isn't a bug, it's just the new aerodynamics in 1.0. For explorer you actually have to take a steeper launch and put it higher up when you are staging. I believe they actually took a much steeper trajectory with the real Explorer launches because of a lack of understanding at the time.

Bug Re-ugh-port: I tried launching the Explorer probe and rocket, and everything was fine until the Fire Nation attacked.

Okay, seriousness: After staging, the rocket starts to tumble.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/702f9eca480efa43c17f434cfcfe4c1e/tumblr_ms0bpcGQ8F1rpsnwro10_r1_1280.png

And in that pic, I was trying to take the screenshot, but activated the second set of sergeant rockets by mistake. That is not the issue, it was just an accident during screenshotting! I'm guessing this has to do with drag. Ah, drag.

I used the Redstone fins to help steer it, and managed to get Explorer into orbit. Then I de-orbited it, and it survived re-entry. Might it be a good idea to call FASA a 1.0 Beta until all of these little bugs have been fried? :P

You have to stay sub-sonic during your flight through most of the atmosphere.

No more full throttle to orbit.

Under 240m/s until 20km then under 450m/s until 32k. Then you can pour on the juice!

For some reason, I am unable to access the Gemini Legs. When I try to click them with the debug screen open, I get [Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object in red.

Turns out it is appearing at the bottom, but it isn't being clicked normally, closer to how it works with the first part of the build.

Nevermind, it then doesn't place the part normally.

Thanks.

On another note. When I fly the Gemini capsule there is a fuel cell that uses Monopropellant to produce electricity. But when I fly the Apollo CSM, there doesn't appear to be a built in fuel cell. Was this intentional or is there a part I'm failing to include?

There is a stock fuel cell that you can mount in the Service Module (Right click then open). This is a bit closer to how it actually was, the pod just had batteries and the SM setup changed in just about every mission. Gemini's is more of a back up than a power supply for longer missions.

Edited by frizzank

I have just the launch towers installed due to memory constraints, and it seems like when I launch using any of them, they immediately teleport back to my ship once they reach the max physical distance, resulting in a tagalong launch clamp constantly warping to within a few meters of my ship. Any ideas? I have a slew of mods installed but I can't really imagine any of them actually causing this issue, although I've included a list just for good measure. I'll try to grab a debug log as well the next time I play.

KSP: 1.0.2 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
USI Tools - 0.4
Ambient Light Adjustment - 1.4.3.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.3.3
Contract Configurator - 1.0.2
Contract Pack: Kerbal Space Station - 1.3.1
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.1
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.5.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.0.3
Dynamic Control Deflection - 1.1.1
Editor Extensions - 2.7
Firespitter - 7.1
Flight Manager for Reusable Stages [FMRS] - 1.0
GCMonitor - 1.2.3
Kerbal Construction Time - 1.1.6
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.16.6
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.3
KerboKatzUtilities - 1.2.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
PlanetShine - 0.2.2.3
QuickScroll - 1.2.2
QuickSearch - 1.1.2
RealChute - 1.3.2.3
SAS Reset - 1.1.1
ShipManifest - 4.2
SmartParts - 1.5.1
SmartStage - 2.6.1
StageRecovery - 1.5.5
TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.5.1.7
TAC Life Support - 0.11.1.20
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.3.1.1
Alternate Resource Panel - 2.7.1
TweakScale - 2.1
Sounding Rockets - 0.2
Universal Storage - 1.1.0.2
Waypoint Manager - 2.3.2

Edited by Cleric2145

any time I try to load a vessel involving a full up saturn v, my Mac CTD's. Im sure its a memory or performance issue.

How many other mods do you have installed? It's likely running up against the memory limit.

I don't know if anybody is having this issue as well, but since I've re-built my installation of KSP from scratch since the 1.0 upgrade and getting the latest version of FASA, I've had an issue with the internal cockpit view in the Mercury capsule (haven't flown any of the others yet, so this issue may or may not affect all the capsules in the pack), all the gauges/lights including the navball are inoperative. They worked fine in the .90, so is this just the update messing with the pack or is this just the norm now?

Cheers,

Brendan O.

The mercury IVA (and most others)is dependent on the squad/props folder. If you did anything to the squad folder it would mess it up.

The phantom launch towers are a bug, and I don't know how to fix it. It started showing up in 1.0. I do know that they follow the part they are attached to.

So if attached to the first stage it goes away when you detach that stage. The problem happens when you use the tower and attach it to your pod and its with your for a while.

Edited by frizzank

It could simply be the extra stuff I have attached to the inside of the SM (TACLS modules, batteries and a couple science experiments) but every time I decouple the CM from the SM, the SM gets flung away, causing the CM to spin to the left at a pretty high rate. I usually have enough Monopropellant to stop the spin and correct my entry angle but I'm curious what's causing the spin in the first place.

Edited by chrisl

I know this isn't a FASA issue but since I'm using a FASA rocket (FASA Pioneer Delta) I was hoping I could get some advice. When I launch the rocket, everything seems to run smoothly for the first part of the flight. But shortly after SRB sep, at around 10km, the rocket flips over. I can sometimes resolve it if I make sure the fuel pulls from the lowest part of the rocket first by manually transfering fuel between the three tanks that make up the first stage, but I don't really want to do that. My Acent profile is set to start my gravity turn at 100m/s, turn end at 90km, 0 final angle and 40% turn shape. I've even checked the center of mass in the VAB with various amounts of fuel and the indicator is always well below the center of the rocket. Any ideas what the issue might be?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.