[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Many textures are shared so your not going to get much in the way of memory or performance by deleting everything but the engines.

Have you tried removing the ReflectionPlugin.dll first? That helps some people with low end machines. It's in the FASA/Plugins folder.

Beyond that the ones with "LFE" are Liquid Fuel Engines, "SRB" are the Solid Rocket Boosters. Most have similar named textures (.dds) files as the models (.mu) and (.cfg). LFT is Liquid Fuel Tank. So most of those can go. In the Apollo folder you could delete everything but the FASA_Apollo_Eng folder.

Also FASA/ Agencies, Flags, ICBM, Misc, Props, Resources, Spaces, can all go if you just want the engines.

thanks man!!! I will try these suggestions!! very much appreciated!!! :D

@Virtualgenius- I am using ATM but can't force the game to OpenGL mode anymore (worked fine in 0.90) as I get the "Couldn't switch to requested monitor resolution" error when trying to play in 1920x1080. I worked-around it by forcing Direct3D DX11. Thanks for the suggestion though!!!! ATM + OpenGL helps alot if you can use it!!

Just a quick note, and then a question... THANK YOU FRIZZANK! and everyone else who made this mod possible, I've tried out, used, and left for dead at least 2 dozen mods, but this one is by far my favorite! so thanks to all who made it possible, and continue to update it :D Working the physics, aerodynamics, and art I'm sure was and is a challenge, and I sincerely appreciate your hard work. That being said, I started a Career mode in 1.03, which has been updated to 1.04 recently, and I seem to have the FASA "launch our first vessel" bug... I've launched several rockets, some with all stock parts, some with mixed parts, and some with entirely FASA parts (i.e. explorer, redstone, atlas, and gemini) but to no avail... help please!

Put the mk1 pod mk1 parachute and one of the stock small srb's on and launch that first. Basically an all stock vessel. Some contracts will not recognize modded parts for completion, first vessel, antenna, and generate power ones seem to need stock parts.

This mod is so huge and I am so lost. Does anyone have some kind of a "progression sheet" to show which engines progress into which ones? I'm using RSS+RO, and want to start with basic sub-orbital rockets, but I have no idea which engine to use! Too many are overkill for the job, some others far too small.

RSS and RO have there own configs I suggest you ask over there for info on how to build for those mods.

However, if you use stock FASA it comes with a save file with the rockets pre-built, but stock FASA craft don't work with RO configs since its modifying the size of the parts...

Now all worky, worky with 1.0.4

http://beta.kerbalstuff.com/mod/27/FASA

* Added Agena docking light

* Removed flag pods

* Rebalanced node placement of parts. They should line up with the stock parts better now

* Big G science lab, split docking cone and lab to 2 separate parts

* Added Big G science lab interior

* Increased weight of Apollo parts so they don't feel so overpowered

* Made winged Gemini control surfaces surface attachable (easier to place now) and are now proper air break style slats.

* Fixed Decoupler collision to have holes in the middle now

* SubSat and Pioneer now generate there own solar panel. (Has a suntracker transform dummy inside now)

* Removed the camera and Geiger counter science from pioneer.

* Decreased weight and increased thrust of LR91

* Decreased weight of Thor MB3 engine

* Increased thrust and decreased fuel of Titan SRB's

* Titan SRB's thrust now vectors out like the real thing so you should use them in pairs. Also added a new FX for the SRB's

* Increased sea level ISP and thrust of Thor engine, sea level thrust is now 506.

* Increased the weight of the pioneer probe to .25

* Increased thrust of Gemini engine pack to 60

* Turned down Pioneer's reaction wheels

* Fixed Delta Cone texture stretching

* Increased probe parachute drag.

* Other tweaks to parachutes from 1.03

* Increased weight of Pioneer mono engine.

Combining so many parts made kerbal mad so the Big G Science Bay and the Extendable docking port are now separate parts. It will not break your craft files but you will be missing a docking port if you had one in your system.

7DAcaFI.jpg

jXFIZcl.jpg

Edited by frizzank

Thats really odd what sort of graphics card is it as I have had no issues forcing opengl on the diffrent releases i am using nvidia card

yeah I didn't have any issues as well in the past, dunno what happened with 1.02. I have a GTX 780ti

I'm getting a lot of texture errors in log with last version.

[LOG 07:49:48.357] Load(Model): FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/Apollo_CM_RCS

[ERR 07:49:48.358] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilBlack' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.358] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/RCS_box_NRM' not found!

[LOG 07:49:48.360] Load(Model): FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/Apollo_DockingDevice

[ERR 07:49:48.366] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/ColorWhite' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.366] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilWhite' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.366] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/ColorRed' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.366] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/ColorYellow' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.366] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/4bolts' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.366] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/4bolts_NRM' not found!

[LOG 07:49:48.368] Load(Model): FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/Apollo_LES

[LOG 07:49:48.377] Load(Model): FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/Apollo_SM_Dish

[ERR 07:49:48.391] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilWhite' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.391] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilGold' not found!

[LOG 07:49:48.393] Load(Model): FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/Apollo_SM_Engine

[ERR 07:49:48.409] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilWhite' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.409] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilGold' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.409] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilBlack' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.409] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/ColorYellow' not found!

[LOG 07:49:48.411] Load(Model): FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/Apollo_SM_Light

[ERR 07:49:48.412] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilWhite' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.412] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/wall1_DIFFUSE' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.412] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/wall1_nrm' not found!

[LOG 07:49:48.414] Load(Model): FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/Apollo_SM_RCS

[ERR 07:49:48.416] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/RCS_box_NRM' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.416] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/ColorYellow' not found!

[ERR 07:49:48.416] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/rusty' not found!

[LOG 07:49:48.781] Load(Model): FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_Engine_Fuel2/Gemini_LFT_Mono_Adapt

[ERR 07:49:48.784] Texture 'FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_Engine_Fuel2/Gemini_RCSFuel_Pack' not found!

[LOG 07:49:48.830] Load(Model): FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_LFT_Ext_Sm/FASA_LFT_Ext_SmH2

[ERR 07:49:48.831] Texture 'FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_LFT_Ext_Sm/LFT_Ext_SmH2' not found!

[LOG 07:49:48.837] Load(Model): FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_LFT_Ext_Sm/FASA_LFT_Ext_SmO2

[ERR 07:49:48.838] Texture 'FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_LFT_Ext_Sm/LFT_Ext_SmO2' not found!

[LOG 07:49:49.285] Load(Model): FASA/Props/ASETindicators/model

[ERR 07:49:49.286] Texture 'FASA/Props/ASETindicators/model000' not found!

[LOG 07:49:49.297] Load(Model): FASA/Props/Bolt/Bolt

[ERR 07:49:49.297] Texture 'FASA/Props/Bolt/BoltCap' not found!

[ERR 07:49:49.298] Texture 'FASA/Props/Bolt/BoltCap_NRM' not found!

[LOG 07:49:49.335] Load(Model): FASA/Props/LM_CompDisplay/LM_CompDisplay

[ERR 07:49:49.336] Texture 'FASA/Props/LM_CompDisplay/GrayLight' not found!

[LOG 07:49:49.347] Load(Model): FASA/Props/LM_FuelIndicatorSE/LM_FuelIndicatorSE

[ERR 07:49:49.348] Texture 'FASA/Props/LM_FuelIndicatorSE/FuelIndicatorInd' not found!

[LOG 07:49:49.349] Load(Model): FASA/Props/LM_FuelIndSE/LM_FuelIndicatorSE

[ERR 07:49:49.350] Texture 'FASA/Props/LM_FuelIndSE/FuelIndicatorInd' not found!

[LOG 07:49:49.380] Load(Model): FASA/Props/LM_Mirror/LM_Mirror

[ERR 07:49:49.380] Texture 'FASA/Props/LM_Mirror/screen' not found!

[ERR 07:49:49.381] Texture 'FASA/Props/LM_Mirror/screen-emissive' not found!

I'm having a problem. I don't know if it's RSS or FASA, but I have a Mk. 1 command pod with a heat shield on the bottom. The heat shield burns off before the capsule even starts to exhibit any reentry effects (the orange glow). Before I get down to 70,000 meters, the craft explodes because the heat shield is completely gone.

Anyone kmow of a mod that allows pre-progammed autopilot flight of seperated parts/stages, such as winged boosters flying themselves down and landing on the runway after seperation?

Sorta like the Energia 2 (Uraguan)

Edited by Cdodders

Anyone kmow of a mod that allows pre-progammed autopilot flight of seperated parts/stages, such as winged boosters flying themselves down and landing on the runway after seperation?

Sorta like the Energia 2 (Uraguan)

If you leave enough D/V on your Seperated stages and have an Probe core with basic SAS, Staged Recovery does this for you. I successfully landed (recovered) the first stage of my Saturn II INT-18 this way.

Found a problem with utterly overweight Agena TV. The docking node is incorrect, so if one puts a Gemini-Agena stack in VAB and hyperedits that to orbit, one can not undock from Agena TV anymore. The solution is:

@PART[FASAAgenaDocking,FASAFairingWall05m] { @mass = 0.01 }  // FASA Agena Docking Port, Fairing Wall Half Short 1.25m for the Agena Target Vehicle.
@PART[FASAAgenaDocking] { @MODULE[ModuleDockingNode] { @referenceAttachNode = top } } // FASA Agena Docking Port

Overall Agena is sooo overweight, not realistic at all weight-wise. IRL that was light stage, and if that is its deltaV interpolated for 1x Kerbol system... Well, no wonder I'm using RSS then ;-) but I'm using a set of MM patches to sync its (and Project Gemini in general) stats with reality - should burn MP, not LF, etc. But I digress.

FASA GeminiSmall Fuel Pack a.k.a FASA_Gemini_Engine_Fuel2/FASAGeminiLFTMonoAdpt needs some love too: texture in .mu should be re-pointed (or Gemini_EngFuel_Pack.dds linked to Gemini_RCSFuel_Pack.dds), but more seriously decoupler should be added to top node, and RCS transforms are needed on bottom for going forward. Bottom node in .cfg needs to be fixed while at it. Hopefully will learn how to add transforms to other's models, but for now writing what was said above is all I can do.

Edit: Maybe it's just me, but reflective shader only was present on Agena's fuel tank, not on the rest of that stage, so I added it:

@PART[FASAAgenaProbe,FASAAgena_Engine_FP,FASAAgenaDocking,FASAFairingWall05m] { // should be shiny
%MODULE[ReflectiveShaderModule] {
%CubeMapSize = 8
%FarClipPlane = 500000000
%NearClipPlane = 2
%OneFacePerFrame = true
%ShaderName = Reflective/Bumped Specular
%realTimeReflection = False
%ParallaxHeight = 0.01
%ReflectionStrength = 0.2
%MeshesToChange = all
%Shininess = 1.0
%updateRate = 40
%SpecColorR = 0.8
%SpecColorG = 0.8
%SpecColorB = 0.8
%SpecColorA = 0.8
%rimFalloff = 5.0
%rimColor = 0.8242, 0.6445, 0.1914, 1.0
%ReflectionColor = 0.6242, 0.6445, 0.69, 1.0
} // ReflectiveShaderModule
} // PART

Edited by cipherpunks
"nice'ify", add shader too

If you leave enough D/V on your Seperated stages and have an Probe core with basic SAS, Staged Recovery does this for you. I successfully landed (recovered) the first stage of my Saturn II INT-18 this way.

I was more meaning the strap on winged boosters fly themselves back while I remain in control of the main craft. Kinda like the Uraguan's boosters

Frizzank does an awesome job with FASA
Who am I to argue? I take this for granted in fact. Modders like him define KSP, after all.
Dude you seriously need to learn how to communicate nicely, [snip] the way you have presented your case is just plain rude
Well, you decide, but keep in mind that I'm not native speaker, so it's really hard to convey emotion of "kindness" in english for me. But I'm not a genius like You, sir ;-) I'm just a mere punk. Edited by cipherpunks

Well, you decide, but keep in mind that I'm not native speaker, so it's really hard to convey emotion of "kindness" in english for me.

Still, you might consider adopting an observational tone, i.e. "This is what I have noticed [seen, experienced, etcetera]; Have you considered this; Here is a solution I'd like to propose", versus a dictatorial tone, i.e. "You need to do this; This is utterly wrong; Fix it this way".

I do not believe your intent was to denigrate frizzank or his work, or to sound like someone overly impressed with their own intellect. But that's how it came off. Ideas are like a painting. Frame them properly, and you'll increase their appeal.

Found a problem with utterly overweight Agena TV. The docking node is incorrect, so if one puts a Gemini-Agena stack in VAB and hyperedits that to orbit, one can not undock from Agena TV anymore. The solution is:

FASA GeminiSmall Fuel Pack a.k.a FASA_Gemini_Engine_Fuel2/FASAGeminiLFTMonoAdpt needs some love too: texture in .mu should be re-pointed (or Gemini_EngFuel_Pack.dds linked to Gemini_RCSFuel_Pack.dds), but more seriously decoupler should be added to top node, and RCS transforms are needed on bottom for going forward. Bottom node in .cfg needs to be fixed while at it. Hopefully will learn how to add transforms to other's models, but for now writing what was said above is all I can do.

Edit: Maybe it's just me, but reflective shader only was present on Agena's fuel tank, not on the rest of that stage,

Thanks for the bug finds. I'm going to lower Agena's weight to .15, .01 is way too low for stock stuff. Also some other docking ports had the wrong reference attach nodes that I will fix along with Agena's.

Any fixes for RSS And RO you should post in their forums. It doesn't do much good to post them here.

Also English is a terrible language, especially to learn it as a second language. Thank you for the effort....

Not sure if anyone has said anything or if they are having the same issue, but I have noticed if I use the Saturn XX launchers with a new build that the launch grabber's or holders cause the rocket to explode around 5000 meters. The only way I can get it to stop is if I delete them in the build all together. They seem to appear out of nowhere and hit the rocket on the way up. Just an FYI. Let me know if you need further info on this...

BTW Awesome mod!!!

E

K1productions: Not sure why you (or VASIMIR) are asking in this thread, but here's where you want to go:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/125397-Historical-Rockets-Probes-and-Stations

thank you very much. I was having the damnedest time finding these, and was finding nothing but dead ends in the forums.

To be fair though,... my google skills are abysmal at best.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.