[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Just got started using FASA and I am having huge trouble with the AGENA Atlas combo. As soon as I start getting close to the sound barrier it becomes uncontrollable. Any advice? I am using FAR btw.

Edited by blnk2007

Dear Sir, I would like to report the bug. Trying to recreate Apollo 11 mission, command module seems not to be affected by aerodynamics forces during the reentry (KSP1.0.4, reentry apoapsis set to 25 km). Thermal load is applied, but vehicle decelerates extremely slow, G-meter shows no force on vehicle. Removing heat shield did not help at all.

Could you please look at it?

Thank you very much for your great mod!

Quick question Frizzank. Are you planning to make a sort of 'live' version of the dummy thermonuke warheads for the Titan ICBM, with explosions and guidance? BD Armories can help with that part.

Would be a nice addition, keep up the good work!!

Quick question Frizzank. Are you planning to make a sort of 'live' version of the dummy thermonuke warheads for the Titan ICBM, with explosions and guidance? BD Armories can help with that part.

Would be a nice addition, keep up the good work!!

I'm thinking someone else should just make their own. *hint* *hint*

No, really....there is no need for frizzank to do so, but I think it would be neat if someone else did! (with his permission, of course.)

Edit: And why only the Titan? I've made versions for the Redstone & Atlas, too!

Edited by minepagan

when attached any of the fasa launch clamps and/or towers the command pod would separate from the rocket without me hitting any keys on the launch pad

I think this has to do with High memory load when KSP Physics loads. 2.5 solutions for this one: 1) Kerbal Joint Re-enforcement is your friend, it should be on everyone's required mod lists.

2) reduce your mod count to reduce memory overhead. 2.5) Shut down applications/Programs when playing KSP.

I too had this issue, I was running Excel with my orbital calculation sheet, Firefox to look up stuff in the Kerbal Wiki/Wikipedia and 104 mods on KSP. If I killed Excel and Firefox the command pod wouldn't separate. Since I consider both of those programs essential to how I play KSP I reduced my mod count and re-installed Kerbal Joint Re-enforcement. I have not had an issue since with Command pod separation on the pad. However I have only had the separation when I have a launch clamp (Stock, SpaceY or FASA Launch Tower) attached directly to the command pod.

So I'm having an issue where the launch clamps "respawn" on the rocket after launch.. I scrolled back and found the solution was to "quick save / quick load". I just wanted to A) confirm that's still the case? and B) ask if anyone know's why this happens, is it something I could fix on my end?

So I'm having an issue where the launch clamps "respawn" on the rocket after launch.. I scrolled back and found the solution was to "quick save / quick load". I just wanted to A) confirm that's still the case? and B) ask if anyone know's why this happens, is it something I could fix on my end?

Are you using the latest KSP (1.0.4)? If so, for shame, squad, for shame.

I've been having issues with clamps spawning next to me as well. I also have been having issues with the mercury and gemini command pods overheating on the launch pad. I've heard about KSP bug causing overheating when parts are clipped into eachother and I have reduced the pods to their base structures and they still heat. I think its because of the built in rcs jets. Is anyone else having this issue?

@TeeGee

I have not had this issue and I am running several iterations of the pod (mechjeb built in, RCS removed, etc) all have about the same heat level on both the launch pad as well as flying. Are you using any heating mods like Deadly re-entry etc? I have even had a pod with 6 of the standard Sargent Rockets turned upside down with the flames interacting with the nose cone... it heated up but the Ablator was never touched. Are you using the Latest FASA? Delete your FASA Directory and re-install it would be my suggestion.

I have yet to see problems with launch clamps or mystery pod heating, and I use FASA extensively. I do not use FAR, DRE, or any other "world altering" mods, only stock aerodynamics.

Well thats not necessary. People just need to realize how to place the launch clamps so that they don't collide with your rocket when they spawn in flight. (because thats how they break your rockets)

Keep them on your outermost boosters, or even more preferably, under your rocket. That way then they spawn they just fall away and don't collide with anything. Basically, if your clamps will collide with your rocket if you don't release them, they'll break your rocket in flight due to the bug. If they don't collide, you won't have any issues.

Its also wise to keep the number of them down. Use as few as possible. While it sucks because then you don't get that pretty "Launch Tower" configuration, it will at least save you from a lot of issues once you launch.

I may have to remove the fasa launch clamps since so many are having problems with them. At least until Squad fixes the issue....

Please, DO NOT. This isn't a universal issue. I use your launch clamps across a wide variety of launch vehicles, both US and Russian. No complaints, no qualms, certainly no ninja zombie death clamps hunting down my spacecraft.

Sorry, but no, it's a universal bug.

Just because you do not see an event, doesn't mean the event doesn't occur. It Does. I have had the FASA launch clamps spawn mid flight. I have both seen them spawn, as well as collided with.

Having said that, it's not a reason to pull the clamps, as it seems to occur to any, including stock. Which suggests it's either core code, or another mod.

Edited by kofeyh

@TeeGee

I have not had this issue and I am running several iterations of the pod (mechjeb built in, RCS removed, etc) all have about the same heat level on both the launch pad as well as flying. Are you using any heating mods like Deadly re-entry etc? I have even had a pod with 6 of the standard Sargent Rockets turned upside down with the flames interacting with the nose cone... it heated up but the Ablator was never touched. Are you using the Latest FASA? Delete your FASA Directory and re-install it would be my suggestion.

I'm using Realism Overhaul with Real Heat installed ONLY and I get this problem with Mercury and Gemini command pods

It's definitly not limited to FASA. I've seen it happening quite a few times with FASA-less KSP, even in a stock install on ships with only stock parts. Zombie clamps chasing my nuclear tug, was rather creepy.

Seemes only to happen when I put clamps on radial parts, but i've found it in no way reliably reproducable and rather rare. Most of the times a design works, and then another time it's bugged.

Edited by Temeter

The Apollo Lunar Module descent stage seems to have an offset centre of mass. When I tried to fire the engine it sends the ship spinning. I am using the saturn V apollo assembly as given by the mod. Am I doing something wrong or is that a bug?

The Apollo Lunar Module descent stage seems to have an offset centre of mass. When I tried to fire the engine it sends the ship spinning. I am using the saturn V apollo assembly as given by the mod. Am I doing something wrong or is that a bug?

Did you have RCS active? The LEM doesn't have reaction wheels.

Did you have RCS active? The LEM doesn't have reaction wheels.

Sure. But its not enough to counteract the rotation caused by the offset thrust. Besides it would waste a ton of fuel to counteract that constantly even if it was enough. I am pretty sure the LM isn't supposed to be thrust offset.

(Nice profile pic Jack Wolfe)

I'm using Realism Overhaul with Real Heat installed ONLY and I get this problem with Mercury and Gemini command pods

Then you should report it to the Realism Overhaul and Real Heat forums. Frizzank has ZERO to do with Realism Overhaul outside of providing the models (the CFG files are created by others using Frizzank's Models.)

Then you should report it to the Realism Overhaul and Real Heat forums. Frizzank has ZERO to do with Realism Overhaul outside of providing the models (the CFG files are created by others using Frizzank's Models.)

The stock FASA one is balanced. RO modifies several of the stock FASA files as Pappystein said, you should post it in their thread....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.