[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

I absolutely love this mod. However, I am having a problem returning the Apollo command module from a 135km orbit. No matter the retry angle I chose, steep or shallow, there doesn't seem to be enough aero-breaking to slow me down below 450m/s when I hit the ocean surface. Is anyone else having this problem? Also the auto maneuvers (prograde, retrograde, normal etc) do not work, I have to manually rotate to those respective attitudes. Thanks!

Oh and one more thing frizzank ... you seem to have almost everything with the Saturn V perfect and I am just in awe by your work and research. There is just one thing I am nitpicking that I think you may have forgotten. On the S-IC stage, there are supposed to retrorockets that fire underneath the fairings during staging, this allows the S-IC to shoot away much like the S-II stage.

To see what I am talking about, see number 20 in the following figure:

http://heroicrelics.org/info/s-ic/s-ic-major-components/s-ic-major-components-med.jpg

Thank you for this awesome mod!

Edited by RocketMikeMan90

I absolutely love this mod. However, I am having a problem returning the Apollo command module from a 135km orbit. No matter the retry angle I chose, steep or shallow, there doesn't seem to be enough aero-breaking to slow me down below 450m/s when I hit the ocean surface. Is anyone else having this problem? Also the auto maneuvers (prograde, retrograde, normal etc) do not work, I have to manually rotate to those respective attitudes. Thanks!

Oh and one more thing frizzank ... you seem to have almost everything with the Saturn V perfect and I am just in awe by your work and research. There is just one thing I am nitpicking that I think you may have forgotten. On the S-IC stage, there are supposed to retrorockets that fire underneath the fairings during staging, this allows the S-IC to shoot away much like the S-II stage.

To see what I am talking about, see number 20 in the following figure:

http://heroicrelics.org/info/s-ic/s-ic-major-components/s-ic-major-components-med.jpg

Thank you for this awesome mod!

Yes it looks like the Apollo command pod is unforgiving in its re-entry profile. I will make it easier to survive.

There is a retro rocket decoupler.... its the Apollo 5m Decoupler and Retro-Rockets.

Anyone else having trouble controlling the Apollo CM during re entry? It seems to be off blance and shifts to its side whenever I try to keep it retrograde.

The Apollo capsule needs some tweaking, I'm working on it now.

Hi,

I had a first look at this mod yesterday and it was like a dream coming true, all those good old times rockets :)

However I'm having an issue not sure where it is coming from, if it is FASA or the Realism Overhaul :(

Is it normal being unable to load a save game or restart without getting "no ignitions remaining!" or "vapor in feedlines, shot down!"?

I told the full story in this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99966-1-0-4-Realism-Overhaul-v10-1-2015-186?p=2092334&viewfull=1#post2092334

Thanks for your help, I just would like to do an apollo mission :)

FASA 5.36 Beta

Fixes the Apollo CM going to fast on re-entry.

http://www./download/pnc7dphghvaxm0o/FASA5.36.zip

* Increased drag on Apollo capsule and heat shield, should be easier to survive re-entry. Like a leaf on the wind...

* Increased mono amount on Apollo CM and lowered weight

* lowered thrust and increased ISP on Apollo RCS, should last all the way through decent now

* Fixed Apollo CM parachutes not coming out of the correct spot.

* Fixed missing flag on Gemini

* Fixed backwards decoupling on Apollo SM Decoupler. A bottom node has to be on bottom. Who knew?

* Made Apollo SM and CM parts easier to attach. Changed node positions for better placement.

* Gemini Lander engine lowered mass

* Increased gimble range of Apollo engines, its adjustable now so you can have more or less control as needed

* increased fuel in Gemini LES

* Removed staging icon from white Big G

* Added drag cube overrides to MOL cargo bays.

* Fixed docking port attach nodes

* Lowered Agena weight from .25 to .15

* Added reflection shader back in to Agena parts

* Lowered LR91 mass

* Lowered H1 mass

* Removed science from Gemini Engine Fuel Pack Easy. The hard one still has science.

* Replaced the gravity scan with temp scan for Gemini Utility pack.

I cant seem to find the Agena's lower engine farings. And go figure in the Agenda folder the textures for what im gessing is the fairings are there. But no .cfg. I must've been looking last night for an hour. I wa able to find the smaller variant that im guessing goes on top for other applications, but again that lower engine fairing seems to be missing in the new version there.

Dose this mod work with Ferram Aerospace because I am having problems with the Atlas launcher. Nobody on the Ferram forums wants to help saying it should fly fine but IT DOES NOT. so came here looking for help. The problem is that the rocket flips to one side at about 200 or so ms about 4800 meters and this is the only rocket that dose this the flight systems freak out and the rocket looses control. I tried asking Ferram but he says it should fly fine but this always happens no mater what I do.

P.S. IF I touch the controls anytime after 100ms the same happens.

Thanks

Dose this mod work with Ferram Aerospace because I am having problems with the Atlas launcher. Nobody on the Ferram forums wants to help saying it should fly fine but IT DOES NOT. so came here looking for help. The problem is that the rocket flips to one side at about 200 or so ms about 4800 meters and this is the only rocket that dose this the flight systems freak out and the rocket looses control. I tried asking Ferram but he says it should fly fine but this always happens no mater what I do.

P.S. IF I touch the controls anytime after 100ms the same happens.

Thanks

There was a module manager config that helped fasa with some of the troubled parts in FAR. I think with the 1.0 release of KSP it messed up how that worked. I'm sure a new one needs to be created.

Keeping FASA working with stock KSP is hard work. Keeping it working with every other mod and the stock game is almost impossible.

MugWanaBe: as you were told on the FAR thread, it's not that no one wants to help. It's that we can't reproduce the problem with current FASA and current FAR (frizzank: that patch was for a long-ago FAR version and is no longer needed).

I suggest starting with a clean install of KSP, manually installing just FASA and just FAR (from FAR's thread's Release link), and trying to reproduce the problem.

5.36 now officially up, the only difference between this and the beta is I moved the smaller titan SRB's sooner in the tech tree...

http://beta.kerbalstuff.com/mod/27/FASA

* Moved smaller Titan SRB's sooner in tech tree

* Increased drag on Apollo capsule and heat shield, should be easier to survive re-entry. Like a leaf on the wind...

* Increased mono amount on Apollo CM and lowered weight

* lowered thrust and increased ISP on Apollo RCS, should last all the way through decent now

* Fixed Apollo CM parachutes not coming out of the correct spot.

* Fixed missing flag on Gemini

* Fixed backwards decoupling on Apollo SM Decoupler. A bottom node has to be on bottom. Who knew?

* Made Apollo SM and CM parts easier to attach. Changed node positions for better placement.

* Gemini Lander engine lowered mass

* Increased gimble range of Apollo engines, its adjustable now so you can have more or less control as needed

* increased fuel in Gemini LES

* Removed staging icon from white Big G

* Added drag cube overrides to MOL cargo bays.

* Fixed docking port attach nodes

* Lowered Agena weight from .25 to .15

* Added reflection shader back in to Agena parts

* Lowered LR91 mass

* Lowered H1 mass

* Removed science from Gemini Engine Fuel Pack Easy. The hard one still has science.

* Replaced the gravity scan with temp scan for Gemini Utility pack.

Game crashes on start up every time, even after applying fixes.

Before I start with it's not me its you.

Crashes on start up typically are because of running out of ram.

How many mods do you have?

How much ram is it using? - on windows go to your performance monitor and see - Ctrl+....+Esc

FASA works wonderfully with the stock game, but if you use Realism Overhaul, Real Chutes or Real Solar system, they modify FASA files extensively. You should post in those threads for problems.

If it's still not working, start fresh, re-install KSP then install FASA as your ONLY mod. This works 100% of the time unless your computer has extremely limited ram.

Even I have to do this from time to time as KSP somehow gets overloaded and needs to be re-installed.

My first question is why are you running an old more buggy version?

My second question is do you mean the placeable flags or the flags on the pods?

If you are talking about the placeable flags they got ripped out in 5.0 and replaced with flags on pods that you can toggle in the right click menu.

last version that had it http://www./download/5c5fcnj5xyfnjoe/FASA4.92.zip Its in the utility tab. The folder is located in GameData/FASA/Flags/Flag_Pod

You can just copy paste the Flag_Pod folder to the GameData/FASA/Flags/ folder in the latest build and it should work.

If its the flags on the pods there was a bug that made the flags not show up. It is fixed in the latest version.

I think you should make a mod that focuses on just the Atlas main engines. Make multiple versions of the Main engine and the booster engines. Each one should have a different amount of thrust power. With that, people could make all the different types of Atlas rockets and be able to still launch them. I got this idea while I was using your Atlas engines to try and launch an Atlas II replica. Not enough thrust. So, please make a mod with several different Atlas engines, each with a different amount of thrust.

My first question is why are you running an old more buggy version?

My second question is do you mean the placeable flags or the flags on the pods?

If you are talking about the placeable flags they got ripped out in 5.0 and replaced with flags on pods that you can toggle in the right click menu.

last version that had it http://www./download/5c5fcnj5xyfnjoe/FASA4.92.zip Its in the utility tab. The folder is located in GameData/FASA/Flags/Flag_Pod

You can just copy paste the Flag_Pod folder to the GameData/FASA/Flags/ folder in the latest build and it should work.

If its the flags on the pods there was a bug that made the flags not show up. It is fixed in the latest version.

1. I'm running KSP 1.0.2 still.

2. I meant place able flags. I see what's going on now. Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.