[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

just installed this to lay with it, and as usual took a walk through all the files

for the probe section, geiger counter, i notice there is a sound file, but no sounds play ingame or mention in cfg

clean install, so i break somethin or does it just not play it?

Sounds for played animations such as science experiments are not supported by the stock game. At one point they said they were going to add it so I left the sound file there just in case they ever do.

But no it has never worked...

ah k just wanted to check, plugin i made a while back in my sig adds sounds to animations btw :) enjoy

i just was never able to find decent sounds to add to most animations, geiger counter seems decent though

FASA is going to be transferring to NathanKell.

I no longer have enough free time to maintain FASA and he is a great choice for it. I gave him complete control over the mod but I will keep the original up on Kerbal Stuff just in-case anyone still wants to download the old one.

FASA is going to be transferring to NathanKell.

I no longer have enough free time to maintain FASA and he is a great choice for it. I gave him complete control over the mod but I will keep the original up on Kerbal Stuff just in-case anyone still wants to download the old one.

Never really properly thanked you for making FASA, so I guess that's as good a time as any. Merci beaucoup for all of the great stuff! I hope you will find time to visit the forums still :)

Does that mean it'll be called NathanKell Aeronautics and Space Administration? Wait... I think the name NASA is taken by something already...

It could always be Nathan's KASA?

Thanks, Frizzank, for all of your work on this mod. This mod rekindled my childhood fascination with the early years of manned spaceflight, to the point I've now got half a bookshelf full of books on the subject.

Wow I'm pretty sure you've been around since day one when I started playing. FASA is one of the main reasons I got so hooked on KSP. Can't thank you enough for sharing your work with us. Good luck to you in the future.

To what extent are you shutting down though if I may ask? Are you leaving completely or just dropping management on FASA?

Also... One thing does concern me. Now I understand Nathankell is a very resourceful person here if not the most. But how many mods can one person manage? It worries me putting all our eggs into one basket. For if one day Nathan decides to step down. I'm sure there'd be a predecessor, but still it is concerning. I mean that dude just does SO much here.

But regardless I'm sure all will be well. Again Frizzank. Thank you.

Also... One thing does concern me. Now I understand Nathankell is a very resourceful person here if not the most. But how many mods can one person manage? It worries me putting all our eggs into one basket. For if one day Nathan decides to step down. I'm sure there'd be a predecessor, but still it is concerning. I mean that dude just does SO much here.
That one dude has a lot of help from a lot of people who share his passion for realistic spaceflight; FASA will be in good hands.

Ok, for whoever wants to answer. I have recently been encountering a bug which only seems to occur whenever I use the FASA clamps. They seem to jump up at me suddenly mid flight and either throw my trajectory off or destroy my rocket. I know there was a fix to this, but can't find it. Help!

sorry to see you go :)

on another note, FASA is pretty much models and cfg, either of which i doubt KSP would break much in future, i still have mods pre 0.15 that work as models havent really changed, a couple cfg updates and had neet stuff to use

and for accual business

Line 309: [WRN 15:51:00.418] Texture load error in 'G:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FASA\Props\ASETindicators\model000.dds'
Line 317: [WRN 15:51:00.425] Texture load error in 'G:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FASA\Props\Bolt\BoltCap.dds'
Line 319: [WRN 15:51:00.426] Texture load error in 'G:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FASA\Props\Bolt\BoltCap_NRM.dds'
Line 382: [WRN 15:51:00.484] Texture load error in 'G:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FASA\Props\LM_FuelIndicatorSE\FuelIndicatorInd.dds'
Line 385: [WRN 15:51:00.487] Texture load error in 'G:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FASA\Props\LM_FuelIndSE\FuelIndicatorInd.dds'
Line 429: [WRN 15:51:00.537] Texture load error in 'G:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FASA\Props\LM_Mirror\screen-emissive.dds'
Line 431: [WRN 15:51:00.538] Texture load error in 'G:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FASA\Props\LM_Mirror\screen.dds'

i check, the files are there, i can open them in photoshop, so whats wrong? and isn't just this mod

have the same issue with 2 dozen ish props over 7 mods, and only 2-4 props per mod out of 20-50 per

wrong dds format or something? (clean install, each mod used as is)

Thank you for all the kind words. I hope you had as much playing with FASA as I did making it. I am not dispersing I just need to cut back on my projects. I am returning to school soon to finish my Bachelors degree, and after that who knows.

It looks like the next release of KSP is going to break a bunch of things and I can no longer give FASA the attention it needs, so I decided to pass it on to Nathan. I gave him complete control over it. I'm sure he will start a new thread whenever he has the time, he's a bit busy as of late.

So if you see Frizzank somewhere in a game lobby, chat room, or even in the credits of some future game, drop me a line and say "Hay, I played FASA".

Ok, for whoever wants to answer. I have recently been encountering a bug which only seems to occur whenever I use the FASA clamps. They seem to jump up at me suddenly mid flight and either throw my trajectory off or destroy my rocket. I know there was a fix to this, but can't find it. Help!

It's a bug in KSP that really likes the FASA clamps for some reason. You have three options: ClampsBeGone, Stock Bug Fix, or this little thing I threw together yesterday (which functionally is very similar to Stock bug Fix's solution). Mine has the least amount of testing (just me, a dozen or so test flights since I finalized it) :) .

Frizzank, thank you. Thank you for all of the hours and love you put into FASA. It has always been the first part mod I install since you first launched it. Many an hour I've spent flying the Gusmobile. All the historical missions from Gemini 3 to 12, plus a few boilerplates. I've even flown her on a Duna mission or two, ala "Robinson Crusoe on Mars" style, modified of course. Not to mention your Apollo, etc. NathanKell is a great choice. Thank you again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.