[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

25 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Clicked on the wrong person

23 minutes ago, Bill5 said:

Why did I get rid of my text?

24 minutes ago, Bill5 said:

I only see to menus. The fuel one and that other one made for the game mode I don't do a lot of.

Do you recommend something?

Do you recommend a mod downloader or something? How do you download a mod properly.

19 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Some of us consider it a realism mod. ^_^

Agreed, and some think it is too restrictive in the Science tree, :)  Hence, Landing Guidance is now at the start in my games.

Edited by Pappystein

21 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Some of us consider it a realism mod. ^_^

Not sure this is what you were getting at or I missed something, but I just want to say, FASA while I love it, it IS a realism mod. @frizzank and @NathanKell, No offense, but I never use FASA in my Stock game. I have no idea why this is intended as a "stockalike mod". It's AWESOME in my RO game. 

PS: To all anti MJ users, here's a newsflash for you, THE SOYUZ, COMMERCIAL CREW VEHICLES, RESUPLY VEHICLES, AND ORION WILL USE AUTOMATIC DOCKING. Also, Apollo used landing guidance (not sure they used autopilot, because of Apollo 11's landing was manual).

Edited by davidy12

8 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Not sure this is what you were getting at or I missed something, but I just want to say, FASA while I love it, it IS a realism mod. @frizzank and @NathanKell, No offense, but I never use FASA in my Stock game. I have no idea why this is intended as a "stockalike mod". It's AWESOME in my RO game. 

PS: To all anti MJ users, here's a newsflash for you, THE SOYUZ, COMMERCIAL CREW VEHICLES, RESUPLY VEHICLES, AND ORION WILL USE AUTOMATIC DOCKING. Also, Apollo used landing guidance (not sure they used autopilot, because of Apollo 11's landing was manual).

technically, the Apollo 11 landing STARTED out as an automated landing, but events during the landing forced Armstrong to take manual control in the final seconds

Just to be clear up front - Yes I have all the latest updates with all the fixes so everything is working as intended except the Pioneer Antenna from FASA.

After reading through the RemoteTech website, the FASA thread, and a web search I can see no reason for the Pioneer Probe Antenna to have no range restriction. And looking at the config file in the RemoteTech folder there is a Pioneer Probe core entry but no Pioneer antenna entry allowing that antenna to have a range of infinity.

For a quick fix I just copied the Agena entry and changed the file name and description name - Working as a short range omni antenna now (or should this be a dish?).

Really looking for antenna gurus to could look at the numbers and suggest a better config setup that would make it unique.

(doh!  thought I was submitting this in the RemoteTech forum - Please ignore unless you have some numbers to suggest)

Edited by Morashtak
brainfart

On 1/22/2016 at 10:18 PM, Morashtak said:

Just to be clear up front - Yes I have all the latest updates with all the fixes so everything is working as intended except the Pioneer Antenna from FASA.

1st I am glad you edited in the comment about posting in the wrong forum.  While this is not the right forum for Remote Tech it however is the right forum for where the parts go.  I can not speak for Frizzank or Nathan Kell  but there are people here that might have input into your question that might not use/read the remote Tech forums.  

2nd  I was under the impression based on the history books I have on Spaceflight and the Wikipedia articles about the Pioneer program that all the Earth centric Pioneer Probes and the Lunar Centric Probes were gravatically steered so as to point their antenna toward Earth, or had multiple antennas to cover all sides that would possibly be pointed at earth.  That implies that the antenna in question is at best mildly non directional (greater coverage than a straight line, less coverage than hemispheric)

I am new to this mod, so I am not sure if what I am experiencing is a bug or just me being inexperienced with the parts in this mod.  The umbilical towers, as I understand them, are supposed to allow you to fuel your tanks and maintain electrical power to your vehicle, correct?  I have no issue with the electrical feature, but when I try to fuel my rockets, I cannot get the fuel transfer started.  Does the fuel transfer feature only work with FASA fuel tanks, or can it function with stock fuel tanks as well?  Is there a trick I am not aware of for getting the fuel to start?  I right-click the umbilical tower and click the "fuel on" button, but nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong?

Any plans for RPM support in the pods?

On 1/30/2016 at 7:10 PM, SpaceRabbit said:

I am new to this mod, so I am not sure if what I am experiencing is a bug or just me being inexperienced with the parts in this mod.  The umbilical towers, as I understand them, are supposed to allow you to fuel your tanks and maintain electrical power to your vehicle, correct?  I have no issue with the electrical feature, but when I try to fuel my rockets, I cannot get the fuel transfer started.  Does the fuel transfer feature only work with FASA fuel tanks, or can it function with stock fuel tanks as well?  Is there a trick I am not aware of for getting the fuel to start?  I right-click the umbilical tower and click the "fuel on" button, but nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong?

Check if you have the pumps enabled.

On 2/1/2016 at 9:20 AM, [MG]Atlas said:

When you decouple something like the Apollo Escape tower it flies away like a boss and makes your rocket go crazy and explode or destruct vital parts :/:(:(:(

IF there is any part of the rocket in the swing path of the arms, yes bad things can happen.   When I use the Apollo Towers, I also have some base clamps(FASA 1.25m Redstone or Gemini clamps) and I stage in this order:

All Apollo Towers

If wobble on staging Apollo towers, wait for stability

Engage Engines at max thrust and pop the remaining clamps.

Oh and it is VERY helpful if you are using the latest release of Feram's Kerbal Joint reinforcement as suggested in the OP by Frizzank.

8 hours ago, gsamelon said:

Still having issues with sergeant colliders. 

On separation, they spin out of control.

You have non FASA parts on the Sargent stack (Looks like a Roverdude US Probe pack probe,)   The rockets are balanced for the FASA Explorer probe.   .To make certain other probes are similarly balanced would require a lot of back and forth from one Mod to the next.

Having a problem with rcs on the Apollo-CM and LEM.

I am using MechJeb as well. When under munar influence RCS seems to be uncontrolable. Even when lowering the rcs thrust (right-click-menu). Did not find an answer here so far. Am I missing something or could this be MechJeb related?

Greetings.

5 hours ago, Jeb Jawkins said:

Having a problem with rcs on the Apollo-CM and LEM.

I too had this problem.   I created an Action Group to Toggle the RCS on the Command Module itself.  Mechjeb does not understand RCS the way it is set up on the CM's cone, so shutting the RCS off on the Command Module fixes the issue (but it dose slow down pitch/yaw/roll acceleration.)

I now have no issues using the CM/CSM stack.   Although I still prefer to run Gemini or BigG.

19 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I now have no issues using the CM/CSM stack.   Although I still prefer to run Gemini or BigG.

Thanks. Gonna try it soon. 

I've sent a Gemini docked to a Transtage to Mun. Inspired by Advanced Gemini concepts. Currently on mobile but I might post a picture soon ;) .

3 hours ago, Jeb Jawkins said:

I've sent a Gemini docked to a Transtage to Mun. Inspired by Advanced Gemini concepts. Currently on mobile but I might post a picture soon

<Sorry> Couldn't type below the quote the first time I tried this today...   Gack where is my 20lb sledge? 

I too have done some crazy builds that way.   A Tinker toy in space build with 3 2.5m Nuke engines on long stacks with no less than 7 various Gemini capsule combinations and a crew of 10...  The Kraken ate that one before I could get the money shot with screen capture. 

Since I am currently focusing on my personal CFG changes to various mod parts I use, I am not going to have a Tinker Toy ship again for a while.  My Original concept was for multiple landers with pilots and science officers to land in the Various Biomes, collect science, and return,  All from one or 3 orbits of the Mother-ship.   Krakened every time (too many mods...  GRR 32bit version! :)

Edited by Pappystein
Quote screwed up

Here it is:

open?id=0Bx3c4lcTCzYOdGdxa3BDRllJOEE

Next step will be sending the Gemini Lander up there.

11 hours ago, Pappystein said:

<Sorry> Couldn't type below the quote the first time I tried this today...   Gack where is my 20lb sledge? 

I too have done some crazy builds that way.   A Tinker toy in space build with 3 2.5m Nuke engines on long stacks with no less than 7 various Gemini capsule combinations and a crew of 10...  The Kraken ate that one before I could get the money shot with screen capture. 

Since I am currently focusing on my personal CFG changes to various mod parts I use, I am not going to have a Tinker Toy ship again for a while.  My Original concept was for multiple landers with pilots and science officers to land in the Various Biomes, collect science, and return,  All from one or 3 orbits of the Mother-ship.   Krakened every time (too many mods...  GRR 32bit version! :)

Sound like fun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.