[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

• 2 weeks later...

I've got FASA installed and played with it a bit and had quite a bit of fun. I saw tons of suggestions to install RealismOverhaul. I did, careful to include all of its dependencies since CKAN isn't working right yet.

If I go into FASA Sandbox saved game and try to open the Saturn V, Nova, or a bunch of others in the VAB, nothing happens. VAB just stays empty, with no errors. I can open the Saturn IB, Gemini Titan and some others, but no luck with the Saturn V.

The Saturn V doesn't show if I try and open it in the VAB in a Sandbox I create, but I assume this is correct behavior? I had never tried it before RO.

Thanks, guys. Loving RO otherwise.

10 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Regular KSP craft files and RO craft files are not interchangeable. RO comes with craft files however. CKAN may not auto-install them, but they're in the RO release you manually download.

I think you were replying to me...So the FASA Saturn V contains stock parts, and that's why they won't load?

I'm seeing so many posts that seem to recommend the two together so I wasn't expecting it, but it's obviously RO that causes it.

1 hour ago, NathanKell said:

@fallout2077 thank you, but as it was uploaded under @frizzank's account, only he can publish it (i.e. make it available to people other than him). Not even SpaceDock adminds can, I asked.

Oh, okay. I figured that you controlled every aspect of the project now. Thanks for clarifying.

On 19.4.2013 at 7:33 PM, frizzank said:

[...]

FASA is going to be transferring to NathanKell.

I no longer have enough free time to maintain FASA and he is a great choice for it. I gave him complete control over the mod but I will keep the original up on Kerbal Stuff just in-case anyone still wants to download the old, non-updated one.

[...]

@NathanKell: Would "complete control" not suggest that you are the only one besides @frizzank who can upload the current and future versions to spacedock or anywhere for that matter?

Edited by Yemo

22 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@fallout2077 thank you, but as it was uploaded under @frizzank's account, only he can publish it (i.e. make it available to people other than him). Not even SpaceDock adminds can, I asked.

Probably a silly question, but since the SpaceDock link can not be fixed by you, will you be keeping the other links updated with new versions as they release (if you are able)?

On 2/20/2016 at 2:00 PM, crab453 said:

I think you were replying to me...So the FASA Saturn V contains stock parts, and that's why they won't load?

I'm seeing so many posts that seem to recommend the two together so I wasn't expecting it, but it's obviously RO that causes it.

They would only not load if you yourself removed stock parts from your local install. FASA itself doesn't contain a decoupler suitable for sitting between the LM engine and the LMA it sits in. a procedural one might work as well, but then I would have to assume you have that part. I felt it was safe enough to assume users still had the stock parts, since related RO mods reconfigure many of those for useful use in RO. So yes, the FASA RO Saturn V includes at least one stock part, a decoupler.

Sorry for the delay, but I did also include two mirrors with the same version as the one on spacedock.  Seems all is working now.

Nathan has all the FASA files and has my permission to do anything he likes with them other than use them commercially, I retain the commercial rights.

He can even re-post the same files as Nathen FASA, well that may be confusing but whatever, its up to him.

I put up my latest working build of FASA as a courtesy for anyone who wanted it. I will not have time to update FASA to 1.1 and Nathan is free to task someone else to do that if he wants to.

22 hours ago, NathanKell said:

It could not be fixed by me, but it was fixed by @Thomas P.! \o/

My hero! Thank you, @Thomas P.!

And, as always, thank you, @NathanKell!

And, of course, thank you to @frizzank! Without him, none of us would be enjoying FASA today!

Edited by fallout2077
One more "thank you"

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.